Home U.S. Coin Forum

Today is the 20th Anniversary of my joining the Forums.

SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 12,010 ✭✭✭✭✭

These 20 years have gone by fast.

Participating in the forums has been a positive for me. :)

I have learned much about the hobby, have had good conversations and discussions with forum members, have met multiple forum members in person, have posted photos of many of the coins in my collection (an in doing so have contributed to discussions about whether or not particular coins warrant or do not warrant a Cameo designation [a question that simply can not be satisfactorily answered; which probably is as it should be]).

Thanks to all who have dialogued with me; and thanks to PCGS for hosting the forums.

P.S. I will TTT my original initial forum post of 20 years ago as a part of my trip down memory lane. Many who replied to me initial forum post are no longer around, which while expected is still strange.

Comments

• cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,765 ✭✭✭✭✭

Happy anniversary

Many happy BST transactions
  • UpGrayeddUpGrayedd Posts: 572 ✭✭✭✭✭

Happy Anniversary!

Philippians 4:4-7

• johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 28,108 ✭✭✭✭✭

Happy anniversary, may you have 40 more years 🙏

• tcollectstcollects Posts: 998 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've always enjoyed your posts, I like your approach to collecting

• WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,572 ✭✭✭✭✭

@SanctionII said:
    These 20 years have gone by fast.

A nice accomplishment 😀
    I hope you celebrate a 40 year anniversary in 2044.
    It is a possibility for me to view your post then.😉
    Wayne

Kennedys are my quest...

• OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭✭✭

Isn't it amazing how fast 20 years goes?? Good to have you around!!!

• NorCalJackNorCalJack Posts: 534 ✭✭✭✭✭

Kevin,

You are one of my favorite posters and good friend. Congrats on 20 years.

• kazkaz Posts: 9,137 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 4, 2024 3:05PM

Congrats on 20 years. Keep posting your beautiful coins and teaching us about Cameo proofs. I've learned a lot! Thanks.

• mattnissmattniss Posts: 677 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 4, 2024 5:01PM

Wow, congrats on the double decade milestone! Grateful to have you here @SanctionII!

• alaura22alaura22 Posts: 3,103 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats Kevin,

• BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭✭✭

Glad you reached this milestone.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • tyler267tyler267 Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭✭

Congratulations!

• JWPJWP Posts: 21,282 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats for being here 20 years. Just think, you are no longer a teenager. Ha ha

USN & USAF retired 1971-1993
    Successful Transactions with more than 100 Members

• CopperindianCopperindian Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭✭✭

Happy 20th anniversary! Those are some awesome 1956 proofs you posted - beautiful!

“The thrill of the hunt never gets old”

PCGS Registry: Screaming Eagles
    Copperindian

Retired sets: Soaring Eagles
    Copperindian

• DRUNNERDRUNNER Posts: 3,837 ✭✭✭✭✭

Happy Anniversary!!!!!! 1956 was my birth year as well . . . . . . love those Proof Sets!!!!!

Drunner

• gumby1234gumby1234 Posts: 5,571 ✭✭✭✭✭

Happy 20th

Successful BST with ad4400, Kccoin, lablover, pointfivezero, koynekwest, jwitten, coin22lover, HalfDimeDude, erwindoc, jyzskowsi, COINS MAKE CENTS, AlanSki, BryceM

• CameonutCameonut Posts: 7,286 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats on 20 years - the time sure flies by. You have come a long way on your cameo collecting - you should be proud of all your accomplishments. I am especially pleased with your posting of photos of all your finds "in the wild". That made your posts come to life. So, what's on the docket for the next 20 years? More cameos? More toners? Something else?

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." - Thomas Jefferson

My digital cameo album 1950-64 Cameos - take a look!

• oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 12,150 ✭✭✭✭✭

Happy Anniversary! You have provided value input to this forum!

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 12,010 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cameonut.

The next 20 years is something that I cannot imagine. Too large of a time period.

My hobby involvement waxes and wanes depending on a variety of factors. I have no long range plans at this point in time. I will likely try to upgrade some of my Registry Sets and liquidate some of my extras. :)

• BarbercoinBarbercoin Posts: 975 ✭✭✭

I joined twenty years ago, but have to subtract all the years (13+) I was dormant. Anyways….

WTB: Barber Quarters XF

• ConshyboyConshyboy Posts: 451 ✭✭✭✭

Congrats and the pictures of the coins are awesome

• BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 31,065 ✭✭✭✭✭

23 years in December for me. Mano mano where did they go?

theknowitalltroll;
  • jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,677 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 8, 2024 4:36PM

I’ve always enjoyed your fine eye for exceptionally nice Modern Proofs! Congratulations, and thank you for your interesting contributions.

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • jedmjedm Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭✭✭

Happy Anniversary! Thank you for all the great posts over the years. I always open your threads to vicariously enjoy the proof world. Your photos are fantastic as well.

• crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,953 ✭✭✭✭✭

Happy anniversary my coin brother. I’m glad you’re here my good friend 👍

The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,354 ✭✭✭✭✭

Man I forgot my 20 3 years ago, congrats, been a while around here for a bunch of us for sure.

• TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 44,204 ✭✭✭✭✭

19th year for me. Went from one side to the other. Hobbyist to coin shop owner. The fun isn’t as much with coins or work, or the hobby, as it is with the people.

HE>I

• LukeMarshallLukeMarshall Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats on the Milestone Anniversary!

It's all about what the people want...

• pursuitoflibertypursuitofliberty Posts: 6,787 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congratulations on the milestone, and thank you for continuing to be a positive contributor here. May we get another 20!!

“We are only their care-takers,” he posed, “if we take good care of them, then centuries from now they may still be here … ”

Todd - BHNC #242

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file