Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Take a look at this PSA 10 From our buddies in the northeast...

Comments

• Options
    JolleyWrencherJolleyWrencher Posts: 605 ✭✭✭

@Harnessracing said:
    So what you’re saying is 82 is that PSA has lost their integrity because you think 4SC gets preferred grades? If that’s the case then every PSA card is or may be compromised. You’re saying PSA is crooked and gives preferential treatment. I don’t think so and I’ve had more than my fair share of grading complaints over the last 18 months.

We haven't just been saying...we have been giving lots of evidence of it.

It's not just giving better grades for cards to major consignors but it is also about many of us getting worse grades than we know they deserve. Most of us have received a small fraction of cards graded better than they deserve but likely this percentage is nil in comparison to the rate of the major consignors. It's very very rare that I've seen a card being sold by 4SC or Probstein that is graded lower than it should be but I've seen many threads here in the last 1 year with poor grading and threads where people get the grades they expect (for the most part) with SGC which has been recently graded from PSA.

I realized card grading is not an honest service currently and these threads are a reminder of the time and money I wasted with PSA. I spent just over $1000 in 3 months with grading and if it would have been a decent experience then it may have been $10,000 I spent for the first year.
    I'm not furious or expressing this information to retaliate for poor grades, I am sharing my experience for others who may be on the fence.

• Options
    4Boston4Boston Posts: 281 ✭✭✭

• Options
    pdoidoipdoidoi Posts: 502 ✭✭✭

WTF , I have PSA 5's that look better than that.

• Options
    BBBrkrrBBBrkrr Posts: 962 ✭✭✭✭✭

@pdoidoi said:
    WTF , I have PSA 5's that look better than that.

I have MANY PSA 5s I've received in the last 2 months that are better than that.

That Brett is ridiculous. This is the very reason I just prepared an order for SGC. (my timing is stupid)

• Options
    80sOPC80sOPC Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭✭✭

Suggesting that Probstein is evidence of preferable grading treatment shows a poster doesn’t know what they are talking about, and should bow out of the conversation.

• Options
    gameusedhoopgameusedhoop Posts: 3,544 ✭✭✭
    edited March 5, 2024 1:14PM

Actual picture of the card from PSA....
    It is obvious that this is not the same card. Look a couple posts down and you'll a Yaz rookie from the same seller that isn't right either.

• Options
    HarnessracingHarnessracing Posts: 327 ✭✭✭
    edited March 5, 2024 12:55PM

Then by saying it Jolley you are saying PSA is corrupt. Better sell all your stuff if you think that
    Have you seen the 1971’s Probstein has been selling the last few months? Those 6’s, 7’s and 8’s are all undergraded for the most part. When you submit the high volume they do, you can expect some high grades. To go on the PSA sight and say PSA is crooked which is what your saying is just plain wrong. If I were them you’d be cut off

• Options

Same seller on ebay that has the really BAD looking Brett also has this creased and skinny Yaz rookie graded PSA 8. I have no idea what is going on, but it isn't good.

• Options

Same seller....

The certification number provided, #65273778, was intentionally DEACTIVATED in the PSA database.

If you believe this message to be an error, please try double checking your entry for accuracy. If the entry is correct and you require immediate assistance, please contact Customer Service at 800-325-1121.

For PSA items, please email front and back images of the item to info@PSAcard.com.

For PSA/DNA items, please email images of the item, its signature(s), the certification sticker & the Certificate or Letter of Authenticity to info@PSAcard.com.

• Options

The certification number provided, #68588688, was intentionally DEACTIVATED in the PSA database.

• Options

The 2 different Brett holders do not look the same. The corners around the card are definitely different.

Maybe this person is cracking and swapping with the same cert slip.

• Options

Seller has cards that have been deactivated in the PSA database, and some that haven't been caught yet.

• Options

Another deactivated card...currently over $1K

• Options
    RonSportscardsRonSportscards Posts: 811 ✭✭✭✭

And if anybody wants to know the seller of those questionable slabs, to add to your block list, it's nobilityestatesale

• Options

@Harnessracing said:
    Then by saying it Jolley you are saying PSA is corrupt. Better sell all your stuff if you think that
    Have you seen the 1971’s Probstein has been selling the last few months? Those 6’s, 7’s and 8’s are all undergraded for the most part. When you submit the high volume they do, you can expect some high grades. To go on the PSA sight and say PSA is crooked which is what your saying is just plain wrong. If I were them you’d be cut off

Glad people go to war to defend your 1st ammendment right while you recommend taking it away from others...

From my standpoint we can agree to disagree but there is no way you'll convince those of us who firmly believe there is back scratching going on.

Do you want to believe there is no corruption possible? That is okay if you do. I am just a realist who knows money can influence just about everyone.

• Options

Also, I'd go to the CEOs office and say it face to face. Am I the one who should be worried? Nope.

• Options
    edited March 5, 2024 4:17PM

nturner@collectors.com

He’ll respond too, but you won’t email
    I’m not taking your rights away but to badmouth a company on THEIR forum I wouldn’t be surprised if they did ban you.

• Options
    brad31brad31 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭✭✭

@gameusedhoop said:
    Actual picture of the card from PSA....
    It is obvious that this is not the same card. Look a couple posts down and you'll a Yaz rookie from the same seller that isn't right either.

This is why the EBay guarantee for graded cards is a good thing. There are a lot of good fake slabs out there.

• Options

Brad
    I actually contacted the seller about 1968 Topps Bench 8.5 that looks like a 2.5. He’s playing ignorance

• Options
    pab1969pab1969 Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭✭✭

@RonSportscards said:
    And if anybody wants to know the seller of those questionable slabs, to add to your block list, it's nobilityestatesale

I just looked up the seller and they have 100% positive feedback, 2.7 thousand items sold and been on eBay since 2011. That is really scary to me because had it not been for this post I would have been bidding on a few of those cards. I usually review the feedback (buyer and seller) of any high-end sales or offers prior to committing. I would have been fooled with this seller. Thank you to all the members for great detective work.

• Options
    bgrbgr Posts: 254 ✭✭✭

I'm going to do my best to buy that Brett. Curious if it can get through eBay Authentication.

• Options

To do that it will have to close over $250. Quite a risk.

• Options

I put $500. Someone had a bid at 433. Crazy.

• Options
    RonSportscardsRonSportscards Posts: 811 ✭✭✭✭

@pab1969 said:

@RonSportscards said:

I just looked up the seller and they have 100% positive feedback, 2.7 thousand items sold and been on eBay since 2011. That is really scary to me because had it not been for this post I would have been bidding on a few of those cards. I usually review the feedback (buyer and seller) of any high-end sales or offers prior to committing. I would have been fooled with this seller. Thank you to all the members for great detective work.

When I saw the seller's stats, I couldn't believe it. Someone you would never suspect. I had thoughts of reporting him, but figured it's better instead to let it run its course, and we'll see if ebay takes proper action after all the failed authentications.

• Options
    4Boston4Boston Posts: 281 ✭✭✭

@gameusedhoop said:
    Another deactivated card...currently over $1K

Great work game used.
    Keep us updated if you have the time to watch his auctions.

• Options
    BaltimoreYankeeBaltimoreYankee Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭✭✭

@gameusedhoop said:
    Same seller....

I think this is an ultra rare 1962 Topps Mini, just mislabeled by PSA :D

Daniel
  • Options
    olb31olb31 Posts: 2,946 ✭✭✭✭✭

something fishy going on.

Work hard and you will succeed!!
  • Options

Even if that Mantle wasn't a mini, there's no way that's a 5.

• Options

I HOPE that this seller took these on consignment and has no idea what they're doing with graded cards. They currently have and have sold a bunch of modern cards and have great feedback for them. I have serious questions about what the people who are bidding on these abominations are thinking.

• Options
    johfrjohfr Posts: 92 ✭✭✭

Everyone needs to report the items to Ebay. Simple 2 second process if you click on "report this item". Ebay will then take the items down and if warranted ban the seller. My guess is this seller is just ignorant to PSA graded cards and took them on consignment. Not their fault but it is their responsibility to fix it.

• Options
    GrooGroo Posts: 85 ✭✭
    edited March 6, 2024 3:03PM

@gameusedhoop said:
    I HOPE that this seller took these on consignment and has no idea what they're doing with graded cards. They currently have and have sold a bunch of modern cards and have great feedback for them. I have serious questions about what the people who are bidding on these abominations are thinking.

The fact that their are several for sale from same seller either means they are incompetant, ignorant, or dishonest. The fact they have feigned ignorance when contacted and left the auctions in place pretty much proves the latter!

• Options

I recently got outbid on the Brett so might not be able to snipe it.

Just from their feedback you can see that they buy from a lot of sports card sellers on eBay. But as their feedback is private it’s difficult to track down whether they purchased any of the cards they are selling. Looking of course for the purchase in one slab and the one they are selling in another. I haven’t found one. So it is possible that they are just the party consigning the cards. I didn’t spend much time so the proof might be sitting there.

I would argue against reporting them to eBay. Ideally they will ship the item to authentication using USPS which presents a much better option. I believe someone mentioned that they reported this to the seller. If they didn’t pull the listings then it’s pretty obvious.

• Options
    edited March 6, 2024 11:28AM

I reported the 2 Rose rookies and the 62 Mantle yesterday and ebay found that there is nothing wrong with these cards. They have now been reported to PSA. We'll have to see what happens in the next few days.

• Options
    jraytayjraytay Posts: 125 ✭✭✭

All 3 showing deactivated as of today. PSA moved pretty quick on your reporting them.

• Options

They were already deactivated by PSA in the past. I reported that to ebay and they concluded nothing was wrong. I reported them directly to PSA about 1:30 PM today, we will see if they contact ebay or let them ride.

• Options
    johfrjohfr Posts: 92 ✭✭✭

Ebay just responded to me on the 4 items that I reported. They found there is nothing wrong with these items. Ebay is just inept. They don't have a clue about anything related to collectibles..

• Options
    olb31olb31 Posts: 2,946 ✭✭✭✭✭

@johfr said:
    Ebay just responded to me on the 4 items that I reported. They found there is nothing wrong with these items. Ebay is just inept. They don't have a clue about anything related to collectibles..

You mean the lady from over seas, sees nothing wrong with cards? Something is very wrong.

Work hard and you will succeed!!
  • Options

Just the fact that they have been reported multiple times now and still haven't taken action speaks volumes. Hopefully PSA will do something.

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,243 ✭✭✭✭✭

@johfr said:

Ebay cares about one thing and one thing ONLY.

MONEY.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    jraytayjraytay Posts: 125 ✭✭✭

Skimming this sellers listings shows ~ 15 PSA graded cards (vintage). The rest are fairly modern and ungraded. Interesting to note is that most all of the Cert #s on the PSA cards begin with either the number 2 or the number 6. A few 1s and a few high number 5 certs. Also interesting is there seem to be bidders not checking PSA for the cert verifications before bidding.

• Options

Ebay cares about one thing and one thing ONLY.

MONEY.

I should hope so. They are a publicly traded company and that money concern is the driving factor for most businesses - especially those beholden to the whims of shareholders. If they operated differently I expect it would raise eyebrows.

Honestly, I don't think I would expect eBay to do anything with regard to these listings unless there's some other information they have access to -- presumably from PSA saying there will be an issue with these certs under the authenticity program. PSA needs to step up/in and make sure that any illegitimate items which are reported are deactivated. It would be bad news if the Brett (which is still an active cert) was sold and got through the PSA review.

Also interesting is there seem to be bidders not checking PSA for the cert verifications before bidding.

I hope this is a side-effect, and nothing more, of the warm blanket of protection the eBay authenticity guarantee on these items provides.

• Options

eBay won’t do anything, their fall back is the Authenticator process, that’s why they initiated it.

• Options
    sayheywyosayheywyo Posts: 447 ✭✭✭✭

@Harnessracing said:
    eBay won’t do anything, their fall back is the Authenticator process, that’s why they initiated it.

Exactly, and charge the seller the final valuation fee.

• Options
    brad31brad31 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭✭✭

It would have been cool if bgr won the Brett so we could confirm PSA catches these things when they authenticate the graded cards.

• Options

All of his auctions are still up. Rose 6.5 is over $2K at this point.

• Options
    GrooGroo Posts: 85 ✭✭
    edited March 8, 2024 8:44AM

@sayheywyo said:

@Harnessracing said:

Exactly, and charge the seller the final valuation fee.

eBay themselves can shill up the auctions knowing they will fail the Auth process thus bumping up the seller fee total

• Options

That’s reaching way too far into the conspiracy realm

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,243 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Harnessracing said:
    That’s reaching way too far into the conspiracy realm

Conspiracy=action plan that supports a goal

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set