Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Fabulous February Finds...Let's See Yours!

Comments

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,081 ✭✭✭✭✭

@gameusedhoop said:
    Some additions to my Football HOF set:

Glad they did not penalize your Reggie for a touch on the upper left corner.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    GroceryRackPackGroceryRackPack Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ndleo said:
    I hit a bunch of dual autos ripping Leaf, I sent the best one in under the New Year Special. I'm probably going to list them closer to the draft. For the ultra modern stuff, I give Leaf (and Wild Card) credit for some imagination. The Panini product this year looks lazy in lot of cases.

• Options
    rmh111985rmh111985 Posts: 392 ✭✭✭✭

@hankcaddy said:
    Couple highlights from a 56 card sub

I love seeing all your Bryce cards posted up. Looking forward to a full season out of him this year!

Main collecting focus is Patrick Roy playing days 85/86-02/03, expect 1/1, National/All-Star stamped cards.PC Completion: 2,548/2,952; 86.31% My Patrick Roy PC Website:https://proy33collector.weebly.com

• Options
    GroceryRackPackGroceryRackPack Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭✭✭

@1951WheatiesPremium said:
    I’ve wanted one for a while and one popped up in decent enough condition and a fair enough price to snag it. These groupings of his premiums are now a whopping ninety years old and - at least for me - have lost none of their charm. Whether it’s the 8x10s, the flip books, the rings, the scorers fob, the pins or this one, you simply can’t beat the thrill of vintage baseball memorabilia featuring the Great Bambino.

1934 Quaker Oats Babe Ruth Premium Baseball Cap

• Options
    BBBrkrrBBBrkrr Posts: 976 ✭✭✭✭✭

That Yaz is AWESOME.

Always loved that 67 of AK.

That Kaline is some actual proof that centering is waaay more important these days than corners and edges with PSA. I have cards recently returned with better corners that were 5/6 because centering wasn't perfect.

It's really getting insane trying to figure how to properly assess which cards to submit since their standards seem to be changing about every 5 or 6 months.

• Options
    TiborTibor Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭✭✭

@sjjs28 said:
    Don't know if its the grader of death or PSA's new grading standards - but the order just received has got to be the WORST outcome I've ever gotten back from the left coast - and they held it since September 2023...
    It was a 43 card submission!!

That said the cards shown below are the only saving grace from the submission.
    One for my Embossed Set, One for my Decals Set and a couple Star/HOF'ers for the PC.

I may be able to get my grading fee back with the extras that I'm going to sell.
    First - The Set Winners:

PC Adds:

For Salle and Hopefully Cost Covering:

Pulled a ton of those decals back in the day. Never got close to a set.

• Options
    DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭✭✭

@sjjs28 sounds like you had some disappointments in your sub, but those are some awesome hits! That Post Yaz is incredible and must be low pop, since VCP shows no sales in that grade in almost 4 years.

Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, Dwight Evans, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

• Options
    sjjs28sjjs28 Posts: 445 ✭✭✭✭

Thanks DBesse27
    I was grateful I got something out of the submission - and the Yaz does help. (I know it hit home for you!)
    Interestingly, and certainly not as wide an appeal as the Yaz, the two extra 1969 Decals PSA 9 that came out of the submission have similar "delays" between sales - the Gonzalez hasn't sold in that Mint grade since May 2020 and the Ward hasn't sold in that Mint grade since April 2020....

Maybe there is something "karma-like" about cards that sold in 2020!

Steve Saldutti
    sjjs28@comcast.net
    Collector of 1964 Topps Stand Ups, 1965 Embossed, 1968 Topps Game and 1969 Topps Decals
    Registered Sets: 1964 Stand Ups, 1965 Embossed, 1968 Topps Game, 1969 Topps Decals
  • Options
    RonSportscardsRonSportscards Posts: 816 ✭✭✭✭

@sjjs28 said:
    Don't know if its the grader of death or PSA's new grading standards - but the order just received has got to be the WORST outcome I've ever gotten back from the left coast - and they held it since September 2023...
    It was a 43 card submission!!

Based on the cards you've shown, especially the Yaz decal getting a PSA9 with that color registration and the 67 Kaline getting PSA8s, calling the guy the "grader of death" is pretty unfair.

I've hesitated buying 69 decals because I wasn't sure how the centering affected PSAs grading.
    Now I know, it doesn't seem to matter.

• Options

Those are some great cards.

Yaz Master Set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, Dwight Evans, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

• Options
    80sOPC80sOPC Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thx Dan, all from wax I busted years ago.

• Options
    eagles33eagles33 Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭
    edited February 29, 2024 7:44AM

A little outside my normal purview but once I saw it I wanted one. This is one of those new graded records from VMG. Straight from the source it arrives we’ll packed and shipped:

Inside the great packaging job is a beautiful record:

The case is very sturdy - like BVG plastic - and it presents the item beautifully. Love it!

Glad that you are happy with it! These seem to be fairly cheap for a Mickey Mantle related item from his playing days.

Scans of most of my Misc rookies can be found <a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://forums.collectors.com/m...y&keyword1=Non%20major">here
  • Options
    yankeesmanyankeesman Posts: 945 ✭✭✭✭

A little outside my normal purview but once I saw it I wanted one. This is one of those new graded records from VMG. Straight from the source it arrives we’ll packed and shipped:

Inside the great packaging job is a beautiful record:

The label features a ton of info, too:

The case is very sturdy - like BVG plastic - and it presents the item beautifully. Love it!

That's awesome. I had someone give me a copy they found at a yard sale but it looks amazing slabbed like that. Very cool!!

Don Mattingly, Yogi Berra, Thurman Munson, Brian McCann and Topps Rookie Cup autograph collector
    www.questfortherookiecup.com
  • Options

Those are awesome Koufax autos.

Funny story, but I was home at my dad's for Christmas and discovered 3 Sandy autos that I got through the mail back in the 80s when I was a kid. Still in a binder. I pulled them out and will send them for slabbing soon.

• Options
    epeterson62epeterson62 Posts: 17
    edited February 26, 2024 9:40AM

2013 Topps Travis Kelce ERROR Rookie Card #31 HOLY GRAIL!!!
    3 Errors!! Has ANYONE Seen Another Card Like This??? Pls let me know!!!

• Options

@epeterson62 said:
    2013 Topps Travis Kelce ERROR Rookie Card #31 HOLY GRAIL!!!
    3 Errors!! Has ANYONE Seen Another Card Like This??? Pls let me know!!!

Yes, missing foil is not as rare as you might think. With that said, it’s also the RC of a future HOFer, so I’m sure it has some value. Cool card.

Yaz Master Set

• Options

So You've seen Another TK Card like this???" if so WHERE????

• Options
    80sOPC80sOPC Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 28, 2024 5:28PM

Love that Puckett, such a badass pic. I find he has some or the best imagery on his cards.

• Options

That is a Nice Puckett Card... a bit off centered to the Left and Down... but looks like it has Sharp Corners.... PSA would give you a Solid 7

• Options

@80sOPC said:
    Love that Puckett, such a badass pic. I find he has some or the best imagery on his cards.

No doubt. That 85 Fleer may be my favorite of all his pics. Dude just took great action shots.