Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

What Happened to Heather?

Our kind moderator, @HeatherBoyd has gone MIA. She has been gone for two weeks now, last seen February 2nd 2024. I checked her profile after she didn't respond to my PMs about a thread not posting, and she is apparently gone. I wonder if the several reports of site malfunctions and the odd and sudden jailing, banning and letting return of several members stemmed from this. Don't get me wrong, I am not posting because of this, I am just wondering whether this might be caused by Heather's disappearance. Also, who is our moderator now? Who will we ask when something doesn't work?

Cheers, and God Bless, CRHer700 :mrgreen:

Comments

• Options
    SmudgeSmudge Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭

You could just make a political post and see what happens. I would advise against it though.

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,031 ✭✭✭✭✭

Heather has another job at PCGS, or did. She's not the sole moderator, I don't think.

• Options
    logger7logger7 Posts: 8,095 ✭✭✭✭✭

She did her moderator job here well, not the former trigger finger or quick knee jerk reactions we saw in the past.

• Options
    ifthevamzarockinifthevamzarockin Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

She is still here, just not as much. ;)
    She is busy with other things for PCGS.

• Options
    CRHer700CRHer700 Posts: 663 ✭✭✭✭

Well, I was worried.

Cheers, and God Bless, CRHer700 :mrgreen:

• Options
    Morgan13Morgan13 Posts: 905 ✭✭✭✭✭

People also go on vacation!

Student of numismatics and collector of Morgan dollars
    Successful BST transactions with: Namvet Justindan Mattniss RWW olah_in_MA

• Options
    FranklinHalfAddictFranklinHalfAddict Posts: 651 ✭✭✭✭✭

@logger7 said:
    She did her moderator job here well, not the former trigger finger or quick knee jerk reactions we saw in the past.

Reminds me of when PCGS first was on Instagram. Whoever was controlling the account in the first few months would block anyone that said anything remotely negative about PCGS. I got blocked by them at one point for saying something. I don’t remember what my comment was but it wasn’t very negative and certainly wasn’t untruthful. Then I was unblocked and whoever was in charge at that point was much nicer and way more interactive with their followers.

• Options
    JimTylerJimTyler Posts: 3,060 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 17, 2024 8:52AM

Nevermind someone already made my point. I should read first.

• Options
    WalkerfanWalkerfan Posts: 8,976 ✭✭✭✭✭

I haven’t seen her post in years. My guess is that she has either moved up or moved on from the moderator position.

“I may not believe in myself but I believe in what I’m doing” ~Jimmy Page~

My Full Walker Registry Set (1916-1947)

https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/competitive-sets/16292/

• Options
    SoCalBigMarkSoCalBigMark Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭✭✭

With DW gone you can block the ads without getting banned now.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file