Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

PCGS Customer Service. Am I being unreasonable? Your opinion please.

Comments

• Options
    Project NumismaticsProject Numismatics Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭✭✭

@UncleJoe said:
    First, I hope you have a speedy and healthy recovery.

Second, I am very surprised by a lot of the responses. I am having a hard time with answering the “unreasonable” question but, if this happened to me, I would not even request an extension.

Joe.

You don’t get what you don’t ask for. People in authority can’t read your mind. Polite requests backed up with solid reasoning will get you very far.

Worst case, you get a no and move on with life.> @jmlanzaf said:

@Project Numismatics said:
    Speedy recovery!

I’ve been fighting PCGS for 4 weeks now to get a refund on my voucher submission. Despite having vouchers available, their system glitched and they charged me for grading anyway. Was promised a refund but then there was a glitch there too. Another promise today and unfortunately I am still waiting.

This is on top of multiple other aggravations over the past couple years including incorrect info from customer service about what coins are accepted (info in writing x2, but too bad, out of luck and money) and a submission that was lost (was made whole on that one).

@NJCoin - a contract is a contract but it goes both ways. Maybe some empathy is in order?

Get well soon @UtahCoin

@Project Numismatics I don't think it's fair to accuse @NJCoin of a lack of empathy. [Although his tone, ss usual, is a little off-putting.] He is simply pointing out the business reality. You think of this as a case of one. It is really a case of 10,000. Just having to respond to annual requests for extensions adds costs. Investigating and granting exemptions adds more cost. As he said, it would be nice if they made an exception, but it is wholly understandable why they would not.

I don’t think pointing out the “business reality” to someone who is hurting and looking to vent a bit meets the definition of empathy.

I’m sure the OP is smart enough to understand why PCGS might not grant the request.

It’s perfectly reasonable for him to ask.

I never claimed PCGS did anything wrong by the OP, but it would be nice if they could do him a favor. It would also be nice if folks didn’t criticize him for asking.

• Options
    yosclimberyosclimber Posts: 4,605 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 15, 2024 12:58AM

Hi Wes,
    That is a bummer to not only get badly injured,
    but then have a cascading effect where you miss out on other things.

I am thinking PCGS Customer Service is likely overwhelmed with other requests
    and may not have processes in place to easily grant an extension,
    or might lack a process to evaluate the veracity of your reason for an extension.

Either way it is unfortunate to miss out on your grading vouchers,
    but I think overall this is a small cost relative to everything else related to your injury.

P.S. I always liked your Capped Bust Half Dime variety website!!

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,079 ✭✭✭✭✭

@spacehayduke said:
    I did not renew with PCGS this year for 3 reasons, one of these was because Customer Service is pretty 'corporate' meaning not so great as the OP has pointed out here. It seems to have taken a downward spin also since it went to being a privately owned company. Probable less CS people.

My view, give someone a break under the circumstances when something like than happens. He already paid for the grading vouchers after all. But no..........

Part of being a good company is also knowing when your 'rules' should be broken. Again he already paid for the vouchers, break the rules PCGS in cases like this. Come on!

How would they know that he actually had a medical emergency? They can't ask for proof due to HIPAA laws. And

@PerryHall said:

@jmlanzaf said:

Every exam, at least a dozen are missing and at least half of those ask for a make-up AFTER they've already missed the exam. I'm pretty sure you will see similar statistics when $300 worth of submissions are involved.

>
    So, if one of your students was in a really bad traffic accident on the way to school to take your exam and was getting emergency surgery while the exam was taking place, you wouldn't allow her to take a make-up exam because you are afraid of setting a precedent? Really? I think that each decision should be made on a case-by-case basis based on the actual circumstances.

If the student had an accident, she would still be expected to make up the exam before the end of the semester. I give numerous make-up exams for all kinds of silly reasons. I give almost no incomplete grades. And if the student gets in a major accident in March and can't finish the semester, they get a late withdrawal and, at most, a partial refund.

You're also changing the discussion. It was over the number of cases involved. It is NEVER one.

Traffic accident. Sure. Would you then say "no" to someone who got a cancer diagnosis? Low level heart attack? Pneumonia? Divorce? Wildfire? Flood? Sick child? Sick parent? Death in the family? The number of December exceptions becomes large in a hurry. You open the door, you have to deal with all of them.

• Options
    BikergeekBikergeek Posts: 215 ✭✭✭✭

Wes, early in my second year of PCGS membership I didn't realize vouchers expired in exactly one year. I was prepping a box of 16 coins just a short time into my second year, thinking, hey, I'm doing something smart by combining two years worth of 8-coin submissions into one box. Less overhead, less complexity. And then I came to learn about the date rule. So, on November 9, 2021, I wrote this note to PCGS:
    "Nov 9, 2021, 9:46 PST
    Greetings! I am a newer member, customer number xxxxx. My first year of paid membership (at the Platinum level) was from October 2020 to October 2021. I just auto-renewed last month.

However, I made an error: I failed to note that the 8 grading vouchers from last year would expire when the year's term was up. I thought they carried over, and was preparing a single shipment of 16 coins to use both sets of vouchers.

I acknowledge this was my error - but as a first year member, I'm hoping that you will grant me an extension on those 8 vouchers from my first year of membership.

If it's helpful, I'm available to talk on the phone: xxxxxxx. Thank you!

v/r
    Sean"

And on November 10, I received the note below:

"Toni Morse (Collectors Universe)
    Nov 10, 2021, 14:39 PST

Hello,

Thank you for contacting PCGS customer service.

Please note for the upcoming years the vouchers do expire when the membership expires and they do not carry over.

As a one-time courtesy, we will allow you to use your old vouchers. However, you only have a week to use them. The old vouchers will expire on 11/17/2021, therefore, this order needs to be postmarked by that date.

Please make sure when you're submitting, in order to use vouchers the order needs to go under the "regular" service level. Below are a few helpful directions:
    details details details"

For a good customer and a damn fine citizen of the community, I think you're right to ask, and I think they'd be right to grant you an exception. Just my two cents worth.

New website: Groovycoins.com Capped Bust Half Dime registry set: Bikergeek CBHD LM Set

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭✭✭

My health insurance company offers rewards for various things:flu shots,physicals etc. Had my physical and you must notify them within a few days for the $15 reward. Was during Christmas and my notifying them got lost in the confusion of the holiday season. Requested the reward and was denied. They sure showed me.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    lcoopielcoopie Posts: 8,805 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think that retaining a loyal customer might be important to PCGS.

LCoopie = Les
  • Options
    UtahCoinUtahCoin Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭✭✭

PCGS is about to lose a longtime customer/advocate.

Some want to hide behind the letter of the law rather than the intent of the law.

I used to be somebody, now I'm just a coin collector.
    Recipient of the coveted "You Suck" award, April 2009 for cherrypicking a 1833 CBHD LM-5, and April 2022 for a 1835 LM-12, and again in Aug 2012 for picking off a 1952 FS-902.
  • Options
    ldhairldhair Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have let a few vouchers go bad over the years. In my case, I was just lazy. Now I get my submission ready before joining. PCGS has always been tough on this topic. Maybe the policy should give the customer half credit on expired vouchers.

Larry

• Options
    FrazFraz Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 15, 2024 7:21AM

@PerryHall said:

@jmlanzaf said:

Every exam, at least a dozen are missing and at least half of those ask for a make-up AFTER they've already missed the exam. I'm pretty sure you will see similar statistics when $300 worth of submissions are involved.

>
    So, if one of your students was in a really bad traffic accident on the way to school to take your exam and was getting emergency surgery while the exam was taking place, you wouldn't allow her to take a make-up exam because you are afraid of setting a precedent? Really? I think that each decision should be made on a case-by-case basis based on the actual circumstances.

You should pose a more nuanced situation.
    That could not happen, instructor would end up in hearings, or sued. It is case by case.
    I made up an entire semester of exams at university after an accident took me out. No one objected.

Lanza refers to serial parricide and other inventions.

• Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 15, 2024 7:15AM

When I went through a divorce and could not submit for a while, PCGS honored an expired voucher for me, but that was 12 years ago. Still, I would keep trying - I would think they would do the same once the full message gets through to them.

• Options
    ProofCollectionProofCollection Posts: 5,422 ✭✭✭✭✭

@lcoopie said:
    I think that retaining a loyal customer might be important to PCGS.

How loyal are they if they are refusing to renew for another year? A loyal customer would just renew the membership and this wouldn't be an issue.

• Options

@Fraz said:

@PerryHall said:

@jmlanzaf said:

>

You should pose a more nuanced situation.
    That could not happen, instructor would end up in hearings, or sued. It is case by case.
    I made up an entire semester of exams at university after an accident took me out. No one objected.

Lanza refers to serial parricide and other inventions.

The bar has been lowered. They don't even bother to kill off a relative. They simply email me and say that they need a "mental health" day and they can't make it.

I have a TA who skipped class (work) last week because sometime she knew died. Then she missed one day this week to take her cat to the vet. Then she missed yesterday because of a "horribly timed incident" and she didn't feel she could "exist today".

• Options
    Manifest_DestinyManifest_Destiny Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:
    Then she missed one day this week to take her cat to the vet. Then she missed yesterday because of a "horribly timed incident" and she didn't feel she could "exist today".

Funny but sad.

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:

The bar has been lowered. They don't even bother to kill off a relative. They simply email me and say that they need a "mental health" day and they can't make it.

I have a TA who skipped class (work) last week because sometime she knew died. Then she missed one day this week to take her cat to the vet. Then she missed yesterday because of a "horribly timed incident" and she didn't feel she could "exist today".

I knew TAs like that. They’re ABDs emeriti now.

(ABD-All but dissertation)

• Options

@UtahCoin - I suggest you put a poll up. Lots of meandering stories here and the impact is diluted. I wonder if PCGS would accede to sheer numbers, and reconsider their original response? Word it however you want, but mention the circumstances...

New website: Groovycoins.com Capped Bust Half Dime registry set: Bikergeek CBHD LM Set

• Options
    NJCoinNJCoin Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭✭✭

I honestly think that whatever is going on here is almost certain to backfire.

Whatever else PCGS maybe should or should should not have done behind closed doors, now that the situation has been reduced to threats, "PCGS is about to lose a longtime customer/advocate," with the forum mob trying to pressure them into making an exception we will certainly all point to when we want our own exception, "I wonder if PCGS would accede to sheer numbers, and reconsider their original response," I would think PCGS is being left with no choice but to stick to its guns. If for no other reason than to show us all who is in charge.

Whatever goodwill might have been involved when @UtahCoin made his original request, it has now devolved into demands and extortion. And if anyone thinks our kind hosts, and their PE overlords, care at all about a single retail customer struggling to throw them 8 deeply discounted submissions over the course of a year, I think they will be sorely disappointed.

At the end of the day, @UtahCoin is actually out far less than the cost of 8 submissions, because he received a t-shirt, loupe and Silver membership without submitting a single coin. This is probably worth at least $100 without any submissions at all. Once people understand that those included submissions are deeply discounted, they might understand why PCGS might want to stick to its guns, as opposed to honoring coupons after their expiration.

• Options

Threats, mob, sheer, demand, extortion, deeply .

• Options
    tcollectstcollects Posts: 856 ✭✭✭✭

they gave me an exception a couple years ago when I missed the deadline

• Options
    Manifest_DestinyManifest_Destiny Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭✭✭

Discussions like this are interesting. There's always two approaches - Thinking based on objective external standards and feeling based on a subjective internal sense of right and wrong.

This is a snapshot of how the larger issues in society are always debated.

• Options
    lcoopielcoopie Posts: 8,805 ✭✭✭✭✭

@UtahCoin said:
    I can’t tell you how many coins I’ve submitted over the years, I do have 83 boxes

What did you pay for those boxes?

LCoopie = Les
  • Options

They are included with the cost of shipping.

The substantial truth doctrine is an important defense in defamation law that allows individuals to avoid liability if the gist of their statement was true.

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭✭✭

I recall someone once saying "no one individual is larger than the system".

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    DeplorableDanDeplorableDan Posts: 2,595 ✭✭✭✭✭

@lcoopie said:

@UtahCoin said:
    I can’t tell you how many coins I’ve submitted over the years, I do have 83 boxes

What did you pay for those boxes?

I think I understand the implication, but please do correct me if I'm wrong. The production and distribution of those boxes is not charity. The costs are baked in elsewhere, and those boxes serve as fantastic marketing tools when they are littered all over the bourse floor.

• Options
    spacehaydukespacehayduke Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭✭✭

Here is my take, the vouchers should be good until you use them. 1 year, 20 years, 50 years, period, until you pass away. I ate 5 vouchers myself back in the day bc I could not find 5 coins to send them in a year, so poof. Seems a way to max out profit to me. Reason 4 why I did not renew this year. CACG has no membership fee, it is strictly pay as you go, I like that...................

Successful transactions with-Boosibri,lkeigwin,TomB,Broadstruck,coinsarefun,Type2,jom,ProfLiz, UltraHighRelief,Barndog,EXOJUNKIE,ldhair,fivecents,paesan,Crusty...
  • Options
    spacehaydukespacehayduke Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭✭✭

@NJCoin said:
    I honestly think that whatever is going on here is almost certain to backfire.

Whatever else PCGS maybe should or should should not have done behind closed doors, now that the situation has been reduced to threats, "PCGS is about to lose a longtime customer/advocate," with the forum mob trying to pressure them into making an exception we will certainly all point to when we want our own exception, "I wonder if PCGS would accede to sheer numbers, and reconsider their original response," I would think PCGS is being left with no choice but to stick to its guns. If for no other reason than to show us all who is in charge.

Whatever goodwill might have been involved when @UtahCoin made his original request, it has now devolved into demands and extortion. And if anyone thinks our kind hosts, and their PE overlords, care at all about a single retail customer struggling to throw them 8 deeply discounted submissions over the course of a year, I think they will be sorely disappointed.

At the end of the day, @UtahCoin is actually out far less than the cost of 8 submissions, because he received a t-shirt, loupe and Silver membership without submitting a single coin. This is probably worth at least $100 without any submissions at all. Once people understand that those included submissions are deeply discounted, they might understand why PCGS might want to stick to its guns, as opposed to honoring coupons after their expiration.

Good post but for once NJC, we are not fully, and respectfully, agreed on the issue. Again knowing when to exercise exceptions is what being good a buisness is about. And, @UtahCoin already paid for the service up front. Like I said, those vouchers should never expire since someone paid for them upfront. Not bashing any TPG, it is just that I disagree with the approach they are taking. They lost me in part for it, and probably others................ And I was a member for well over a decade.

Successful transactions with-Boosibri,lkeigwin,TomB,Broadstruck,coinsarefun,Type2,jom,ProfLiz, UltraHighRelief,Barndog,EXOJUNKIE,ldhair,fivecents,paesan,Crusty...
  • Options
    AotearoaAotearoa Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you believe companies should never make exceptions, I reckon you’ve never run a business.

Smitten with DBLCs.

• Options
    edited February 15, 2024 10:36PM

@spacehayduke said:

@Bikergeek said:
    @UtahCoin - I suggest you put a poll up. Lots of meandering stories here and the impact is diluted. I wonder if PCGS would accede to sheer numbers, and reconsider their original response? Word it however you want, but mention the circumstances...

If nothing else I think PCGS out to rethink the voucher distribution issue. Sounds like a deal up front, then things happen and folks can't use them under the conditions set out, then get upset. How is that good buisness? Drives folks away in the long run I would think. And this is not being disrespectful to this TPG, it is just that there are issues with their voucher system that might need reconsideration, that is all I am saying.

Are you kidding? Things happen and people can't use them? You have 365 days to use them. Use them right away or take chances that you'll use them in the last month. It's your decision, your gamble. If people don't think they can use the vouchers in time, then perhaps they should get Silver subscriptions. All of the terms and conditions are known up front. Sometimes when you gamble you lose.

To take it further. Taxes must be paid by Apr 15, otherwise there is a penalty. Now you can do your taxes early and eliminate risk or you can wait until April 15 and hope that nothing prevents you from getting that check in the mail. Should the IRS have pity on those who procrastinated?

• Options

@Aotearoa said:
    If you believe companies should never make exceptions, I reckon you’ve never run a business.

I do run a business, and I make accommodations all the time. But never when I am publicly called out, or threatened. Just saying.

• Options
    AotearoaAotearoa Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭✭✭

@NJCoin said:

@Aotearoa said:

I do run a business, and I make accommodations all the time. But never when I am publicly called out, or threatened. Just saying.

Fair.

Smitten with DBLCs.

• Options

@spacehayduke said:
    Here is my take, the vouchers should be good until you use them. 1 year, 20 years, 50 years, period, until you pass away. I ate 5 vouchers myself back in the day bc I could not find 5 coins to send them in a year, so poof. Seems a way to max out profit to me. Reason 4 why I did not renew this year. CACG has no membership fee, it is strictly pay as you go, I like that...................

Except the company has to carry them a a liability on their books

• Options

@ProofCollection said:

@spacehayduke said:

@Bikergeek said:

If nothing else I think PCGS out to rethink the voucher distribution issue. Sounds like a deal up front, then things happen and folks can't use them under the conditions set out, then get upset. How is that good buisness? Drives folks away in the long run I would think. And this is not being disrespectful to this TPG, it is just that there are issues with their voucher system that might need reconsideration, that is all I am saying.

Are you kidding? Things happen and people can't use them? You have 365 days to use them. Use them right away or take chances that you'll use them in the last month. It's your decision, your gamble. If people don't think they can use the vouchers in time, then perhaps they should get Silver subscriptions. All of the terms and conditions are known up front. Sometimes when you gamble you lose.

To take it further. Taxes must be paid by Apr 15, otherwise there is a penalty. Now you can do your taxes early and eliminate risk or you can wait until April 15 and hope that nothing prevents you from getting that check in the mail. Should the IRS have pity on those who procrastinated?

Actually, unless there is a discount for auto-renewal, you shouldn't re-up until you have submissions ready to go. That might well get you nearly 2 years for the price of one as your membership date rolls forward.

• Options
    BarberianBarberian Posts: 3,076 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

@ProofCollection said:

@spacehayduke said:

@Bikergeek said:

Actually, unless there is a discount for auto-renewal, you shouldn't re-up until you have submissions ready to go. That might well get you nearly 2 years for the price of one as your membership date rolls forward.

Pack a few boxes with larval fruit flies in fruit fly medium and send them to PCGS. Make sure to drill some holes in the bottom of the boxes. You may not get your vouchers, but you can get $200 worth of laughs envisioning fruit flies swarming around the graders' heads for weeks.

3 rim nicks away from Good
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,471 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm surprised our hosts haven't replied or at least closed this thread. Certainly, they are aware of it by now.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    MFeldMFeld Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Barberian said:

Pack a few boxes with larval fruit flies in fruit fly medium and send them to PCGS. Make sure to drill some holes in the bottom of the boxes. You may not get your vouchers, but you can get $200 worth of laughs envisioning fruit flies swarming around the graders' heads for weeks.

>

I'm sure you were joking, However, larval fruit flies included or not, it's quite unlikely that the shipped boxes would make it into the grading room. And even if they would, I don't think it was the graders who turned down the request from the OP. ;)

Mark Feld* of Heritage Auctions*Unless otherwise noted, my posts here represent my personal opinions.

• Options
    edited February 16, 2024 6:08AM

@MFeld said:

@Barberian said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@ProofCollection said:

@spacehayduke said:

@Bikergeek said:

I'm sure you were joking, However, larval fruit flies included or not, it's quite unlikely that the shipped boxes would make it into the grading room. And even if they would, I don't think it's the graders who turned down the request from the OP. ;)

Well, he'll just have to be satisfied with swarms and that odd bread smell in the Receiving Dept. Make sure to get "wild-type."
    They breed like crazy and disperse quickly through ventilation systems. If you live close by, you may want to visit PCGS's offices to check for flies (windows), have a $200 laugh, and then replenish the fruit fly medium.

• Options

@Barberian said:

@MFeld said:

@Barberian said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@ProofCollection said:

@spacehayduke said:

@Bikergeek said:

I'm sure you were joking, However, larval fruit flies included or not, it's quite unlikely that the shipped boxes would make it into the grading room. And even if they would, I don't think it's the graders who turned down the request from the OP. ;)

Well, he'll just have to be satisfied with swarms and that odd bread smell in the Receiving Dept. Make sure to get "wild-type."
    They breed like crazy and disperse quickly through ventilation systems. If you live close by, you may want to visit PCGS's offices to check for flies (windows), have a $200 laugh, and then replenish the fruit fly medium.

If PCGS is reading your posts, I'm pretty sure that if you ask them for a favor, they'll grant it, and fast! :D

Mark Feld* of Heritage Auctions*Unless otherwise noted, my posts here represent my personal opinions.

• Options
    knovak1976knovak1976 Posts: 225 ✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

It is really a case of 10,000.

……

……..

It's never just one. The precedent created will inevitably lead to more and more requests for exception.

So how do all these other people find out unless the individual who received the exemption says something? 🤔

• Options

@MFeld said:

@Barberian said:

@MFeld said:

@Barberian said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@ProofCollection said:

@spacehayduke said:

@Bikergeek said:

If PCGS is reading your posts, I'm pretty sure that if you ask them for a favor, they'll grant it, and fast! :D

I have two submissions being graded at the moment. We'll see what happens in future 'reveal' posts. Maybe they'll send back a slabbed fruit fly worth more than the coins I submitted.

• Options

@MFeld said:

@Barberian said:

>

I'm sure you were joking, However, larval fruit flies included or not, it's quite unlikely that the shipped boxes would make it into the grading room. And even if they would, I don't think it was the graders who turned down the request from the OP. ;)

But now there would be someone to keep the cricket company.

• Options

@knovak1976 said:

@jmlanzaf said:

……

……..

It's never just one. The precedent created will inevitably lead to more and more requests for exception.

So how do all these other people find out unless the individual who received the exemption says something? 🤔

Gee, I don't know, posts on a forum? Word of mouth at coin shows?

10 years ago, I made a joke in class about my brother marrying my ex-wife. Students still ask me about it even though it's been 10 years and at least 2 generations of students have graduated.

• Options

@knovak1976 said:

@jmlanzaf said:

……

……..

In this day and age, companies have to assume the word will get out about anything and everything.

• Options
    gtstanggtstang Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MFeld said:

@Barberian said:

@MFeld said:

@Barberian said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@ProofCollection said:

@spacehayduke said:

@Bikergeek said:

So who is this PCGS person that is willing to grant a favor fast? From what I read, the op was told no, nope, not today Kevin...
    Back in the day when David Hall and Don Willis were at the helm, they would personally post in the thread and get it taken care of and fast. That was customer service by top execs. that cared about their customer base. Now none of these companies have time or desire to deal with insuring their clients are appreciated. Hopefully somebody within the PCGS ranks is reading this and willing to comment on what will happen here and moving forward with others that have similar issues.

• Options
    edited February 16, 2024 9:08AM

@gtstang said:

@MFeld said:

@Barberian said:

@MFeld said:

@Barberian said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@ProofCollection said:

@spacehayduke said:

@Bikergeek said:

So who is this PCGS person that is willing to grant a favor fast? From what I read, the op was told no, nope, not today Kevin...
    Back in the day when David Hall and Don Willis were at the helm, they would personally post in the thread and get it taken care of and fast. That was customer service by top execs. that cared about their customer base. Now none of these companies have time or desire to deal with insuring their clients are appreciated. Hopefully somebody within the PCGS ranks is reading this and willing to comment on what will happen here and moving forward with others that have similar issues.

They have, and it was contained in the OP. They are running a business and are not making exceptions. They have no reason to get into a back and forth with us over why they don't want to extend a membership term, and the free submissions associated with it, because someone who hasn't given them a lick of business in at least a year had some personal issues at the end of the year and wants an extension.

We know what they did, and it speaks for itself. We also know that some people think it was a mistake while others understand.

None of us are owners or management at PCGS, so, at the end of the day, it really doesn't matter what we think, and they absolutely do not owe us a public "comment on what will happen here and moving forward with others that have similar issues."

The answer is obvious -- the vouchers expire on the date printed on them. They are "use them or lose them" discount submissions. Rest assured, the fact that some don't use them every year is built into the membership pricing.

This year, it was simply @UtahCoin's turn to draw the short straw. As @jmlanzaf said, the alternative would be to open the door to everyone with a story, and they chose not to open it, as is their right. How could they possibly win by coming here to comment on it?

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 16, 2024 9:15AM

Let me see the coins you were going to submit. It would be fun to guess the grades. :open_mouth:

• Options

Well, on this snowy Friday, after reading these various comments - some silly, some serious - I think my final thought on the matter is, it's rarely a bad thing to do a friend a favor, especially when they've had a tough run of luck. That's where I'll leave it. Happy weekend to all!

• Options

@Bikergeek said:
    Well, on this snowy Friday, after reading these various comments - some silly, some serious - I think my final thought on the matter is, it's rarely a bad thing to do a friend a favor, especially when they've had a tough run of luck. That's where I'll leave it. Happy weekend to all!

Even if you don’t like it, this isn’t a situation in which someone would (or wouldn’t) be doing a “favor for a friend”.

• Options
    1northcoin1northcoin Posts: 3,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great to see a posting again from Utahcoin. Just came across a coin poster made by and received from UC. Best for the recovery.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file