Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Interesting PWCC Sale Tonight - Topps Chrome Durant RC Orange PSA 10 - for how much?

Posted on Blowout also but anyone surprised by the sale tonight of this Durant Topps Chrome RC Orange in PSA 10? Here is the sale:

https://www.pwccmarketplace.com/premier-auction/12744

Have attached the most recent sales dating back to the boom. That said, I couldn’t believe it went for what it did ($11,100). Less than 10% of the boom high! Whatever negative you want to say about the man, he is still #20 all time in win shares, and likely to rise (could very well see him retire in top 10 if he stays healthy), is a bonafide top 10 player of all time in his prime. Less not forget 14x AS’s, 2x NBA Champion, 2x Finals MVP, 4x Scoring Champion and one regular season MVP.

Would love to hear takes on this sale as a reflection of his status and what appears to be a potentially genius investment or something else that I clearly didn’t see..

Comments

• Options
    miwlvrnmiwlvrn Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe I'm missing something, but my initial reaction is that sounds like a high price for a card that has 199 copies out there.

• Options
    1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,244 ✭✭✭✭✭

Kevin Durant is not a top ten player all time. He’s not even top 50. He’s a very talented and very flawed player.

And I happen to like his game a lot, too, so I’m not hating on him.

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭✭✭

@1951WheatiesPremium said:
    Kevin Durant is not a top ten player all time. He’s not even top 50. He’s a very talented and very flawed player.

While I agree somewhat the exact same thing could be said about Steph Curry and dozens of other modern day players.

Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options
    olb31olb31 Posts: 2,946 ✭✭✭✭✭

Durant is a good player and after he won with the Warriors, everyone thought he would win several more, so the speculation began. The prices listed above seem off the chart to me. I have many but rarely paid over $20 -$50 for one.

Work hard and you will succeed!!
  • Options

@Cakes said:

While I agree somewhat the exact same thing could be said about Steph Curry and dozens of other modern day players.

Off the top of my head, I think LeBron, Steph and Giannis and Jokic stand out in this era as guys who are all timers and good enough to potentially crack the top 25/50.

Durant and some of the others less so.

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,053 ✭✭✭✭✭

He will have to "jump ship" out of Phoenix to win another ship.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    edited January 26, 2024 12:30PM

@Cakes said:

Off the top of my head, I think LeBron, Steph and Giannis and Jokic stand out in this era as guys who are all timers and good enough to potentially crack the top 25/50.

While I agree somewhat I just can't understand how you keep including Curry, but exclude Durant. Curry is basically a smaller version of Durant. GS won four titles and here are the finals MVP's: Iguodala, Durant, Durant, and Curry finally won it in 2022 after Durant left.

There is a general agreement on the current top 10 all time and out of those 10 only one wasn't a very good defender and that was Magic Johnson. Curry can't actually cover anyone, at best he jumps passing lanes to get easy steals.

To be far, I do like Curry and think is ability to fit in and mesh with any lineup is a huge plus. Most other alpha players like MJ or Kobe had to big of egos to ever do that.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options

Curry changed the way the game is played. All guards have to shoot 35%+ from 3 and have a quick release or they often get overlooked and don’t make rosters… unless they play amazing defense which requires long arms and above average NBA athleticism not to mention high NBA IQ. Every kid after 2010 started looking to Curry as idol. Just my opinion

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/BH0AAOSwpDBlFeVp/s-l1600.webp

Just another cardboard addict. Always buying, trading and selling.

• Options
    edited January 26, 2024 12:44PM

@RighteousRyezelle said:
    Curry changed the way the game is played. All guards have to shoot 35%+ from 3 and have a quick release or they often get overlooked and don’t make rosters… unless they play amazing defense which requires long arms and above average NBA athleticism not to mention high NBA IQ. Every kid after 2010 started looking to Curry as idol. Just my opinion

But does that make him a better player than Durant? I agree he changed the game, Icon style, similar to Iverson but that is a different discussion.

https://www.landofbasketball.com/player_comparison/stephen_curry_vs_kevin_durant.htm

• Options
    DragnetDragnet Posts: 635 ✭✭✭

LOL. This is based on what? The “eye test” I’m guessing? Not sure how anyone can trust anything you say after that one.

• Options

@Cakes said:

Wait, are you now saying LeBron James is good enough to “potentially” crack the top 25/50 of all time?

It only gets better folks….

I love this guy!

• Options

@Cakes said:

@RighteousRyezelle said:

But does that make him a better player than Durant? I agree he changed the game, Icon style, similar to Iverson but that is a different discussion.

https://www.landofbasketball.com/player_comparison/stephen_curry_vs_kevin_durant.htm

That link and the stats therein speaks volumes I think when it comes to comparing the two. I honestly expected to see Steph outpace Durant in far more categories by significant more than he did..

• Options

@Dragnet said:

LOL. This is based on what? The “eye test” I’m guessing? Not sure how anyone can trust anything you say after that one.

No. This is based on watching forty plus years of basketball. But based on the comments, I don’t think you’re looking for any type of discussion.

@Dragnet said:

@Cakes said:

Wait, are you now saying LeBron James is good enough to “potentially” crack the top 25/50 of all time?

I love this guy!

I love you, too.

• Options
    lahmejoonlahmejoon Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭

Steph and Durant are definitely better than many players normally listed in various top 50 lists. Guys who frequent those lists include Reggie Miller, Paul Pierce, Anthonly Davis, Kawhi Leonard, James Harden, Russell Westbrook, Clyde Drexler, Dominique Wilkins, Chris Paul, etc.

• Options

@Dragnet said:

No. This is based on watching forty plus years of basketball. But based on the comments, I don’t think you’re looking for any type of discussion.

@Dragnet said:

@Cakes said:

I love this guy!

I love you, too.

Does your 40 years of watching include any of the last 20 years? Honest question.

Another honest question -- where does LeBron James fit in your top 20 All-Time players?

Also curious who your All-Time Top 10 are.

I imagine those reading this thread would also love to hear these answers!

• Options

@Dragnet said:

@Dragnet said:

@Dragnet said:

@Cakes said:

I love this guy!

I love you, too.

Does your 40 years of watching include any of the last 20 years? Honest question.

Yes

Another honest question -- where does LeBron James fit in your top 20 All-Time players?

Perhaps #6?

Also curious who your All-Time Top 10 are.

This isn’t an ordered list:

Bill Russell
    Wilt Chamberlain
    Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
    Tim Duncan
    Larry Bird
    LeBron James
    Karl Malone
    Michael Jordan
    Kobe Bryant
    Magic Johnson

I imagine those reading this thread would also love to hear these answers!

I don’t think it’s too controversial of a list or a ‘hot take’ and I don’t think Kevin Durant is a better player than anyone listed.

How about you?

• Options
    BBBrkrrBBBrkrr Posts: 962 ✭✭✭✭✭

Dude. You gotta have Oscar Robertson on that list.

• Options

@BBBrkrr said:

I want to - believe me.

But who should I bump?

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,555 ✭✭✭✭✭

i would much rather have Olajuwon than tim duncan in my top 10 or my team

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    BBBrkrrBBBrkrr Posts: 962 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BBBrkrr said:

I want to - believe me.

But who should I bump?

I'd put him on ahead of Duncan or Malone (and I think both were great).

The Big O was dominant.

• Options

@BBBrkrr said:

@BBBrkrr said:

I want to - believe me.

But who should I bump?

I'd put him on ahead of Duncan or Malone (and I think both were great).

The Big O was dominant.

They were, too, and I think Big O and The Dream would be my 11-12.

And I won’t argue they ‘don’t belong’ because they are both very, very deserving players.

@Dragnet

Curious as to your thoughts since you brought some fire to the discussion and got my attention.

Who you got in your top 10?

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,162 ✭✭✭✭✭

Durant can be douchey off the court, but he's a total freak show on it

dude is 7 feet tall and averaging almost 39% from downtown and a shade under 89% from the charity stripe for his entire career. when it's all said and done he's gonna be a top-5 scorer all time -- even with all the missed time due to injuries. watch any game of his and it becomes readily apparent that he's an unguardable 4.

i want to see any top-50 list that doesn't have his name on it

• Options
    sayheywyosayheywyo Posts: 447 ✭✭✭✭

If it was the same owner that purchased the card in 2018 for $7950 from PWCC maybe he/she was tired of watching the value drop and wanted out with a profit.

• Options

@galaxy27 said:

dude is 7 feet tall and averaging almost 39% from downtown and a shade under 89% from the charity stripe for his entire career. when it's all said and done he's gonna be a top-5 scorer all time -- even with all the missed time due to injuries. watch any game of his and it becomes readily apparent that he's an unguardable 4.

Are we talking scorers or basketball players?

Kevin Durant is a great scorer and a great shooter. Easily top 50, likely top 25 and maybe even top ten scorer.

That’s only half of the game.

A seven foot tall player who is always on the court that grabs 7 rebounds a game, plays limited defense. I’minclined to take a more complete player when I have every pro player ever at my disposal.

KD scores prolific totals in a league that plays (comparatively) limited and much less physical defense. In addition, the three point shot has changed scoring totals and basketball strategy considerably. Dead eye shooters like Jerry West and Larry Bird would score more points, take more three pointers than they did in their careers.

• Options

@galaxy27 said:

First, I want to emphasize that I like talking sports, I’m open to changing my mind and I’m not trying to ram my opinion down other people’s throats or to disparage anyone for having a different opinion.

From that starting point, this list would be a good starting point for a discussion on that topic, I think. It is well produced, it lists the players alphabetically and it covers the NBA from its inception until 1996. So anyone from the last 28 years, for the most part, is not on there. Yet.

So, if you start with guys like Allen Iverson, Kobe Bryant and Tim Duncan who debuted right at that time (or shortly after) and didn’t make the list because they were not yet eligible and then factor in all the great players that came after, you then have to pull guys off that list and replace them. I think you’ll find that cracking the Top 10, the top 25 and the top 50 players of all time in NBA history just isn’t that easy.

Lastly, before you critique the list too much, it was compiled by the players themselves and a few people considered basketball ‘historians and experts’ - and the list of the voters is also included; it’s just below the top 50 list itself.

50 GREATEST PLAYERS IN NBA HISTORY
    Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
    Nate Archibald
    Paul Arizin
    Charles Barkley
    Rick Barry
    Elgin Baylor
    Dave Bing
    Larry Bird
    Wilt Chamberlain
    Bob Cousy
    Dave Cowens
    Billy Cunningham
    Dave DeBusschere
    Clyde Drexler
    Julius Erving
    Patrick Ewing
    Walt Frazier
    George Gervin
    Hal Greer
    John Havlicek
    Elvin Hayes
    Magic Johnson
    Sam Jones
    Michael Jordan
    Jerry Lucas
    Karl Malone
    Moses Malone
    Pete Maravich
    Kevin McHale
    George Mikan
    Earl Monroe
    Hakeem Olajuwon
    Shaquille O’Neal
    Robert Parish
    Bob Pettit
    Scottie Pippen
    Willis Reed
    Oscar Robertson
    David Robinson
    Bill Russell
    Dolph Schayes
    Bill Sharman
    John Stockton
    Isiah Thomas
    Nate Thurmond
    Wes Unseld
    Bill Walton
    Jerry West
    Lenny Wilkens
    James Worthy

Voters for the 50 Greatest Players in NBA History: Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (player), Marv Albert (media), Al Attles (team), Red Auerbach (team), Elgin Baylor (team), Dave Bing (player), Larry Bird (team), Marty Blake (team), Fran Blinebury (media), Bill Bradley (player), Hubie Brown (team), Wilt Chamberlain (player), Mitch Chortkoff (media), Bob Cousy (player), Billy Cunningham (team), Chuck Daly (team), David DuPree (media), Wayne Embry (team), Julius Erving (player), Joe Gilmartin (media), Sam Goldaper (media), Alex Hannum (team), Lester Harrison (team), John Havlicek (player), Chick Hearn (media), Red Holzman (team), Phil Jasner (media), Earvin Johnson (player), John Kerr (player), Leonard Koppet (media), Bob Lanier (player), Frank Layden (team), Leonard Lewin (media), Jack McCallum (media), Dick McGuire (team), George Mikan (player), Bob Pettit (player), Harvey Pollack (team), Jack Ramsay (team), Willis Reed (team), Oscar Robertson (player), Bill Russell (player), Bob Ryan (media), Dolph Schayes (player), Bill Sharman (player), Gene Shue (team), Isiah Thomas (team), Wes Unseld (team), Peter Vecsey (media), Jerry West (team)

• Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, that list of 50 is so easy to critique. Bill Walton? Sure, maybe if he'd actually played once in awhile. 468 total games, averaged 13 pts a game. Heck, he didn't even start for at least 1/4 of those 468 games. C'mon.

• Options

@Tabe said:
    Yeah, that list of 50 is so easy to critique. Bill Walton? Sure, maybe if he'd actually played once in awhile. 468 total games, averaged 13 pts a game. Heck, he didn't even start for at least 1/4 of those 468 games. C'mon.

Realistically, there’s probably 5-6 spots to open up without much issue. But after that, though, it gets very difficult.

If I’m being honest, it’s hard to reconcile the three point shot and it’s impact.

• Options

1 - Russell
    2 - Chamberlain
    3 - Jordan
    4 - Kareem
    5 - Magic
    6 - Kobe
    7 - Lebron
    8 - Larry
    9 - Oscar
    10 - Jerry
    11 - Duncan
    12 - Hakeem
    13 - Shaq
    14 - Karl
    15 - Steph
    16 - Dirk
    17 - Dr J
    18 - Moses
    19 - Hondo
    20 - Elvin

• Options

How does the top 50 list not have Kobe on it?
    I like that a few dream team players made the list.

Durant could go 1:1 with most on that list. In Phoenix, he is the center of the universe and not the Sun. He has his players back on the court, he can handle pressure situations, and his annoying shoulder twitch for his free throw routine seems to work. His career point total, triple doubles, double-doubles, season average, and career average is noteworthy.

He would probably be near the bottom of my top 25.

He's in my top 5 of active players.

• Options

@JolleyWrencher said:

It's an ancient list that didn't include players who were active at the time.

• Options

@Tabe said:

@JolleyWrencher said:

That’s not accurate. There are several guys on that list who were still playing yet. There are several players on the list who were ‘active’ when the list came out. It would be like putting Victor Wembanyama on a list TODAY of the greatest 50 Players of All Time.

@JolleyWrencher

Kobe Bryant was in his rookie year the year the list came out. He average 7.6 points a game that year.

There are several players on the list who were active when it was produced. Several.

The list of 50 I put up there was produced by the NBA. It covers from beginning to 1996.

I guess my posts are too long to read…

• Options

…so here’s a group of 20 guys that stand out (to me) who played the bulk of their careers post 1996.

It’s an unordered list of guys from that post ‘96 timeframe that jumped out off the top of my head. I’m probably missing a few players, potentially some easy ones, so please help out and add to it. Then we can probably merge the two lists and order them properly.

Allen Iverson
    Vince Carter
    Tim Duncan
    Kevin Garnett
    Kobe Bryant
    Steve Nash
    Ray Allen
    Dirk Nowitski
    Paul Pierce
    Jason Kidd
    LeBron James
    Kevin Durant
    Stephen Curry
    Dwayne Wade
    Russell Westbrook
    James Harden
    Giannis Antetokounmpo
    Nikola Jokic
    Chris Paul
    Joel Embiid

• Options
    miwlvrnmiwlvrn Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭✭✭

…so here’s a group of 20 guys that stand out (to me) who played the bulk of their careers post 1996.

It’s an unordered list of guys from that post ‘96 timeframe that jumped out off the top of my head. I’m probably missing a few players, potentially some easy ones, so please help out and add to it. Then we can probably merge the two lists and order them properly.

Allen Iverson
    Vince Carter
    Tim Duncan
    Kevin Garnett
    Kobe Bryant
    Steve Nash
    Ray Allen
    Dirk Nowitski
    Paul Pierce
    Jason Kidd
    LeBron James
    Kevin Durant
    Stephen Curry
    Dwayne Wade
    Russell Westbrook
    James Harden
    Giannis Antetokounmpo
    Nikola Jokic
    Chris Paul
    Joel Embiid

Shaq and Rodman had some good years post 1996 too...

• Options

@miwlvrn said:

Allen Iverson
    Vince Carter
    Tim Duncan
    Kevin Garnett
    Kobe Bryant
    Steve Nash
    Ray Allen
    Dirk Nowitski
    Paul Pierce
    Jason Kidd
    LeBron James
    Kevin Durant
    Stephen Curry
    Dwayne Wade
    Russell Westbrook
    James Harden
    Giannis Antetokounmpo
    Nikola Jokic
    Chris Paul
    Joel Embiid

Shaq and Rodman had some good years post 1996 too...

So, Shaq made the original top 50; he was the youngest active player on that list.

Dennis Rodman was a solid player and already eligible but I’m not sure he’d make the list, anyway.

• Options

@olb31 said:
    1 - Russell
    2 - Chamberlain
    3 - Jordan
    4 - Kareem
    5 - Magic
    6 - Kobe
    7 - Lebron
    8 - Larry
    9 - Oscar
    10 - Jerry
    11 - Duncan
    12 - Hakeem
    13 - Shaq
    14 - Karl
    15 - Steph
    16 - Dirk
    17 - Dr J
    18 - Moses
    19 - Hondo
    20 - Elvin

KD does everything Dirk can do...just better.

• Options

KD is a very good player, but it just doesn't seem like when he is on a team, that the team gets a lot better. Maybe 5 years ago it did, but lately he just scores some. Some names not on my list who were probably better than Durant, Nash, Stockton, Pippen, Garnett, Pierce, Worthy, Chris Paul, Dominque, Mchale, maravich, isiah T, Dennis Johnson,

Durant reminds me of George Gervin, smooth, great shooter, and a great player.

• Options

Kevin Durant is fabulous; let’s all make no mistake about that.

The fact that he’s in the discussion for best player of a generation is special, in and of itself. The Durantula certainly has earned himself a place in just about any top 100 player list, most top 50 lists, many top 25 lists and some top 10 lists, too. They’re opinion based, of course, so there is some anticipated disparity.

@Cakes

“To be far, I do like Curry and think is ability to fit in and mesh with any lineup is a huge plus. Most other alpha players like MJ or Kobe had to big of egos to ever do that.“

This is such an underrated quality and it’s probably why I would probably rate Curry ahead of Durant. The main goal of any player in a team sport is (or should be) to win the championship. Regardless of who the finals MVPs were, Steph has four rings to go with that MVP trophy and he won a title both before Durant arrived and after he left. To me, that speaks volumes.

As we’ve seen in many spots in the NBA, having 2 to 3 superstars is one thing and having them play and perform well together such that consistent winning occurs is another thing entirely.

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,555 ✭✭✭✭✭

What is the argument for placing Duncan over Olajuwon? I watched both play and in their primes. Hakeem was a better offensive and defensive player and had a higher peak.

I also wonder why some would place Duncan over Shaq? is it because Shaq faded at a younger age? because prime shaq was much more of a force than prime timmy.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    ArtVandelayArtVandelay Posts: 647 ✭✭✭✭

KD is probably the greatest offensive talent in the history of the NBA. He can do everything and is nearly unstoppable. He's a career 50/40/90 guy where people get excited about a player if they even achieve that in a single season. There's absolutely no question KD is a top 15 all-time player and should be in the top 10 when all is said and done.

• Options

@craig44 said:
    What is the argument for placing Duncan over Olajuwon? I watched both play and in their primes. Hakeem was a better offensive and defensive player and had a higher peak.

Well, they’re remarkably similar players statistically. I guess I have given the edge to Duncan because of his edge in rings (5 to 2), MVPs (2 to 1) and finals MVPs (3 to 2).

I also wonder why some would place Duncan over Shaq? is it because Shaq faded at a younger age?

I think that’s it. Prime Shaq turned to fat Shaq too soon.

because prime shaq was much more of a force than prime timmy.

I agree.

• Options

@Tabe said:

@JolleyWrencher said:

That’s not accurate. There are several guys on that list who were still playing yet. There are several players on the list who were ‘active’ when the list came out. It would be like putting Victor Wembanyama on a list TODAY of the greatest 50 Players of All Time.

Yeah, my bad. Should've double-checked myself. It's still an ancient list.

• Options

I think that’s it. Prime Shaq turned to fat Shaq too soon.

Shaq didn't fade nearly as fast as people think. He averaged 27.5 points in his 11th season. He averaged 20+ for fourteen years. He was definitely out of shape by the end of his LA tenure but 27.5 is still 27.5.

Meanwhile, Tim Duncan never averaged 27.5 even once let alone in his 11th year.

Duncan was an incredible player but Shaq and the Dream were both a LOT better.

• Options

@Tabe said:

@Tabe said:

@JolleyWrencher said:

Yeah, my bad. Should've double-checked myself. It's still an ancient list.

The point in posting it was simply to make things easier, not end the discussion. We have a solid, league produced list to cover the first 50 years.

Now, we need a list for the last 28. Then we can merge and order the two lists and order them. I even started the list above. Who did I miss? (I’m sure I missed a few…)

Allen Iverson
    Vince Carter
    Tim Duncan
    Kevin Garnett
    Kobe Bryant
    Steve Nash
    Ray Allen
    Dirk Nowitski
    Paul Pierce
    Jason Kidd
    LeBron James
    Kevin Durant
    Stephen Curry
    Dwayne Wade
    Russell Westbrook
    James Harden
    Giannis Antetokounmpo
    Nikola Jokic
    Chris Paul
    Joel Embiid

• Options
    ArtVandelayArtVandelay Posts: 647 ✭✭✭✭

Pau Gasol
    Tony Parker
    Tracy McGrady
    Yao Ming
    Carmelo Anthony
    Chris Bosh
    Kyrie Irving
    Damien Lillard
    Jayson Tatum
    Luka Doncic

• Options

The Top 38 from 1997-Present

Allen Iverson
    Vince Carter
    Tim Duncan
    Kevin Garnett
    Kobe Bryant
    Steve Nash
    Ray Allen
    Dirk Nowitski
    Paul Pierce
    Jason Kidd
    LeBron James
    Kevin Durant
    Stephen Curry
    Dwayne Wade
    Russell Westbrook
    James Harden
    Giannis Antetokounmpo
    Nikola Jokic
    Chris Paul
    Joel Embiid
    Pau Gasol
    Tony Parker
    Tracy McGrady
    Yao Ming
    Carmelo Anthony
    Chris Bosh
    Kyrie Irving
    Damien Lillard
    Jayson Tatum
    Luka Doncic

We’re now 12 players away from a pretty solid Top 100 players of all time list.

• Options
    FirstBeardFirstBeard Posts: 468 ✭✭✭

Dwight Howard
    Klay Thompson
    Kawhi Leonard
    Blake Griffin
    Draymond Green
    Shawn Merion?
    Stephon Marbury
    Amari Stoudemire

Forgive my spelling. A few of these should make the cut. There was another guy the Clippers had, but I forget his name at the moment. Brand?

• Options

Wheaties spells it out good. Nailed it in my opinion.

• Options
    countdouglascountdouglas Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭✭✭

These are just names I'm throwing out, not specifically advocating. I've checked in on the thread intermittently, so perhaps they're on the list or have already been dismissed.

Drazen Petrovic
    Alonzo Mourning
    Manu Ginobli
    Chris Mullins
    Grant Hill

• Options

You guys are thinking about this all wrong. Just because the Top 75 have been established that does not mean the next 25 have to come from the modern era. You still have to include the old timers that might have been numbers 76-100 at the time. If you do that half those guys will not and cannot make it and the players below will not make it.

Drazen Petrovic
    Alonzo Mourning
    Manu Ginobli
    Chris Mullins
    Grant Hill
    Dwight Howard
    Blake Griffin
    Shawn Merion
    Stephon Marbury
    Amari Stoudemire
    Chris Bosh

• Options
    countdouglascountdouglas Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Cakes said:
    You guys are thinking about this all wrong. Just because the Top 75 have been established that does not mean the next 25 have to come from the modern era. You still have to include the old timers that might have been numbers 76-100 at the time. If you do that half those guys will not and cannot make it and the players below will not make it.

Drazen Petrovic
    Alonzo Mourning
    Manu Ginobli
    Chris Mullins
    Grant Hill
    Dwight Howard
    Blake Griffin
    Shawn Merion
    Stephon Marbury
    Amari Stoudemire
    Chris Bosh

I'm fine with those guys not making it. I wasn't advocating, just trying to come up with some additional "names" for the discussion. They may not even be considered as in the top 200, for all I know, and I really wouldn't care one bit.