Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Interesting PWCC Sale Tonight - Topps Chrome Durant RC Orange PSA 10 - for how much?

2»

Comments

• Options
    1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Cakes said:
    You guys are thinking about this all wrong. Just because the Top 75 have been established that does not mean the next 25 have to come from the modern era. You still have to include the old timers that might have been numbers 76-100 at the time. If you do that half those guys will not and cannot make it and the players below will not make it.

Drazen Petrovic
    Alonzo Mourning
    Manu Ginobli
    Chris Mullins
    Grant Hill
    Dwight Howard
    Blake Griffin
    Shawn Merion
    Stephon Marbury
    Amari Stoudemire
    Chris Bosh

I think we’re still establishing the ‘player pool’ and I also think you are totally correct that a list of the ‘snubs’ from the original Top 50 list would be beneficial to creating an accurate top 100 list.

Then there’s the task of ordering it!

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• Options
    82FootballWaxMemorys82FootballWaxMemorys Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 1, 2024 2:47PM

Drazen Petrovic

:( He has just sublimated into a true great. We can only wonder what might have been had played just a few more years,

Unless otherwise specified my posts represent only my opinion, not fact.

• Options
    CentauriCentauri Posts: 122 ✭✭✭

I saw someone say Durant is in the discussion as best of the generation. No, he’s really not - LeBron is in that generation, and so there’s not a discussion at all.

• Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,481 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Centauri said:
    I saw someone say Durant is in the discussion as best of the generation. No, he’s really not - LeBron is in that generation, and so there’s not a discussion at all.

I totally agree but just imagine the genetics differences: Lebron looked like a grown man at 16, Stickman looks like Snoop Dog at 35! :D

Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options
    FirstBeardFirstBeard Posts: 472 ✭✭✭
    edited February 3, 2024 9:05AM

Lebron's head looks like Barry Bonds is in NBA JAM from the 90s. No one seems to care. No injuries ever. Hmmmmmmmm.

• Options
    1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just to circle back on the original topic?

I think the card itself is total eye candy. The pose of Durant is spectacular, the colors are great, the logos and graphics are well placed as far as the card design (which sometimes can be a little too busy in modern sets) on BOTH the front and the back and I most definitely liked all of the many different iterations of Seattle’s uniforms over the years. With their green, yellow/gold and white base color scene and a banging design team, they always had the Sonics looking Super, especially the early 90’s uni’s - where I can see Kemp catching oops from GP - to the very end of the franchise’s run in the city with those fresh, crisp threads (below) on KD.

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest