Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Thank you PCGS

I expect this is as good of a place as any to send our host a "Thank "you". I received my Collectors Club Membership renewal package and was pleasantly surprised by the gift of a nice triplet loupe. It's a classy touch, a useful tool, will be used and is appreciated. :)

Comments

• Options
    Morgan13Morgan13 Posts: 946 ✭✭✭✭✭

@VarietyFan said:
    I expect this is as good of a place as any to send our host a "Thank "you". I received my Collectors Club Membership renewal package and was pleasantly surprised by the gift of a nice triplet loupe. It's a classy touch, a useful tool, will be used and is appreciated. :)

I received a loupe and a shirt along with 8 vouchers when I signed up for the platinum membership.
    I also receive a monthly magazine. Great value for the money. I plan to renew again this year.

Student of numismatics and collector of Morgan dollars
    Successful BST transactions with: Namvet Justindan Mattniss RWW olah_in_MA

• Options
    winestevenwinesteven Posts: 4,141 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 22, 2024 10:52AM

@Morgan13 said:

@VarietyFan said:

I received a loupe and a shirt along with 8 vouchers when I signed up for the platinum membership.
    I also receive a monthly magazine. Great value for the money. I plan to renew again this year.

Gee, you must be special, as I get their PCGS Market Report only every OTHER month, lol.

Steve

A day without fine wine and working on your coin collection is like a day without sunshine!!!

My collecting “Pride & Joy” is my PCGS Registry Dansco 7070 Set:
    https://www.pcgs.com/setregistry/type-sets/design-type-sets/complete-dansco-7070-modified-type-set-1796-date/publishedset/213996
  • Options
    divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,552 ✭✭✭✭✭

It is always a pleasant surprise when one receives more than expected from a company.

Way to go PCGS.

Donato

Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)
  • Options
    1northcoin1northcoin Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭✭✭

@winesteven said:

@Morgan13 said:

@VarietyFan said:

Gee, you must be special, as I get their PCGS Market Report only every OTHER month, lol.

Steve

That sounds like the prodigal son phenom. Apparently you have to be new or returning to get the fatted calf.

• Options
    lermishlermish Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    CoinscratchCoinscratch Posts: 8,042 ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe they were trying to tell you something :D

• Options
    edited January 22, 2024 5:37PM

Great work Tracy! But where's the beef? I guess I missed the part where he's a bad guy obviously more than just self promotion right.

edit: Ahhhh thrill of the chase :D

• Options

Okay, I went back and read again including Lermishes posts and I get it now. The writing looks AI but anyway, carry on :)

• Options
    blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,543 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DeplorableDan said:
    I didn't want to muck up @mfeld's thread so I believe this is a more appropriate location to call out the OP.

@VarietyFan said:
    Thank you to Mr. Mark Feld, Senior Numismatist at Heritage Auctions, for such a great and revealing question!

Certainly the vast majority answer “should” be “guarantee”. Neither price nor claim of quality means anything without a guarantee.

Anyone representing or selling anything that has confidence in their own product will provide a guarantee. Period. Further, anyone representing anything or selling anything that cares about customer service and, far more so, customer respect, will provide an unconditional satisfaction guarantee.

Sadly, however, the reality is we’re living in a greed driven world. A paper dollar right now trumps self-respect and even integrity most of the time.

There are many big businesses that have either lost or intentionally forfeited a connection with customer service and respect in trade for greed. In numismatics the current ability for dealers to (and they do) market labels and stickers instead of merchandise is glaring proof. They sell a purchased opinion and shunt the responsibility of customer satisfaction. But…it’s the consumers that allow themselves to become spreadsheet number instead of a valued and respected commodity.

In the current numismatic marketplace there’s only one sales and auction venue that provides unconditional customer satisfaction. They “money back guarantee” that their visual representation of merchandise is 100% accurate. They “money back guarantee” customer satisfaction for any reason. They even sell rolls that they “money back guarantee” the individual coin worth to be at least twice the value of roll. They sell rolls and allow the customer to search them and, if not satisfied, return them for a full refund. They provide a money back attribution guarantee (including shipping, handling and grading fees) and even provide a raw coin grade guarantee.

I’ve purchased several items from them over the past two years and not once has my order not come with some form of “thank you” bonus. Never have I dealt with them and not walked away feeling completely appreciated and valued.

Yet they’re so disliked by the numismatic marketplace for calling a spade a spade and for providing this level of customer respect that if I were to mention the name here my post would get pulled.

It’s my hope that collectors will get to (back to?) demanding being respected as the very people that make the entire numismatic business possible.

I was wondering why this post was so bizarre, and @lermish and I finally figured it out. This user has been shilling his own business with the use of alt accounts for years 😂.

"E Scott Coins" - A numismatic website that no ones ever heard of that specializes in varieties, and heavily promotes its photography and customer satisfaction guarantee, much like the post above.

Escottcoins.com is the creation of former member (banned in December 2020) @EScott83. This forum member was banned after a long confusing post where he was adamant about contacting Heather directly to ask about the forum rules. Methinks the rule he was asking about had something to do with self promotion. Note how one of this users first threads is titled "dumbfounding", which is about ebay sellers and their "unopened rolls", a topic mentioned in the above quote.

After @EScott83 was banned, forum member @EScottCoins was born (and banned again promptly) after just one test post. This is where he realized that he'd have to abandon the Escott moniker to go under the radar here.

A period of two years elapses, and though I haven't found them yet, I would not be surprised if there were a couple more alts spawned and banned. They might be difficult to identify, because there's a myriad of trolls with an axe to grind that come here to write a flame post of CAC or some other organization before they are cast off. The next place where I can Identify this user is when @tagtail is born in early 2022.

https://forums.collectors.com/profile/TagTail

@Tagtail's primary purpose on this forum was to "enlighten" the rest of us with the "intelligent and fact based write up" which is actually just an aggressive manifesto (By escottcoins.com) slamming CAC and the dealers who support it. Also note the second occurrence of a thread titled "Dumbfounding", implying that he's dumbfounded by the stupidity of the forum for not agreeing with him about CAC, and refusing to accept the "cold hard published facts" about why CAC is ruining the hobby. This user was promptly banned after he posted such thread on July 3, 2022.

Coincidentally, @VarietyFan is born in August 2022, just a bit over a month after @tagtail was banned. @Varietyfan's post have quite a few uncanny similarities to the other banned accounts from prior years. The writing style being one of them, this poster has a habit of spewing out these long monologues pertaining to greed, misrepresentation, and poor quality photography much like the original post I quoted. Another similarity is that this users few posts about coins actually do show some professional photography, and tend to be about Lincoln cent varieties, Just like Escottcoins' offerings.

Interestingly, one of this users threads was prompted by Pure numismatics, In which he appeared to be confused due of the allowance of a self promotion thread. My supposition is that this user was criticized for relentless self promotion when he had his @EScott83 account, which led him to believe that self promotion wasn't allowed.

The biggest inconsistency I've found so far is this thread, where the user wants to share with the forum how he recently stumbled upon this great little boutique website with coins for sale. At first he was hesitant, but after dealing with the owner of the website he was just thrilled with the service he received, and wanted to spread the word about his appreciation for such an ethical and forthright business owner that takes such great pictures.

Now here's the kicker- ONE WHOLE YEAR earlier he posted a thread about about a fun little grading contest that he participated in, hosted by no other than Escottcoins.com! But wait, I thought he had recently discovered that website a year later???

See folks, @VarietyFan = @TagTail = @EScottCoins = @EScott83 . "It’s all a Fugazi. Fugayzi, fugazi. It's a whazy. It's a woozie. It's fairy dust. it doesn't exist. It's never landed. It is no matter. It's not on the elemental chart. It's not real.''

@VarietyHunter figured he would go under the radar after his last identity change and a cute little "Hello from a newbie" thread, where he described his interests and posted a coin that he won in a coin identification contest on...you guessed it...Escottcoins.com! Where he went wrong was his assumption that no one on this forum has enough free time to waste on exposing his web of lies, but boy was he wrong! His relentless shilling of an insignificant coin website that no ones ever heard of gave him away.

Though I admire his fortitude, the jig is up, @VarietyFan. It's only a matter of time before Heather shows you the door. Again.

Detective DAN. LOL P.S. someone said Fugazi.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHjB6cbgG10

• Options
    DeplorableDanDeplorableDan Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Coinscratch said:
    Great work Tracy! But where's the beef? I guess I missed the part where he's a bad guy obviously more than just self promotion right.

He's really not a forum criminal and theres not much beef, other than his CAC-trashing manifesto. I was just bewildered with the nature of the original post. Lermish got the ball rolling when he found the @EScott83 profile, and I pieced the rest of it together at the office as i was bored and didnt have much else to do today. Self promotion isnt even against the rules as far as im aware, but technically he broke the rules when he was bashing other grading companies and using alt accounts, but I would be in favor of letting him stay if he's willing to confess 😂.

• Options
    lermishlermish Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DeplorableDan said:

@Coinscratch said:

He's really not a forum criminal and theres not much beef, other than his CAC-trashing manifesto. I was just bewildered with the nature of the original post. Lermish got the ball rolling when he found the @EScott83 profile, and I pieced the rest of it together at the office as i was bored and didnt have much else to do today. Self promotion isnt even against the rules as far as im aware, but technically he broke the rules when he was bashing other grading companies and using alt accounts, but I would be in favor of letting him stay if he's willing to confess 😂.

I mostly agree with you Dan however, even though it's unlikely, there is some potential downside. I wouldn't trust someone with loose enough ethics to try to bamboozle forum members. If we can save one person the headache of having to deal with an unpleasant coin buying situation I think it's worthwhile.

• Options

@lermish said:

@DeplorableDan said:

@Coinscratch said:

I mostly agree with you Dan however, even though it's unlikely, there is some potential downside. I wouldn't trust someone with loose enough ethics to try to bamboozle forum members. If we can save one person the headache of having to deal with an unpleasant coin buying situation I think it's worthwhile.

Thats a great point, the bamboozling is definitely not cool, and it's a bit ironic for someone who clamors for fairness and integrity to go to these lengths to promote his business. With that said, Id still like to hear a confession before he walks the plank >:)

• Options

What's an Escudo to do. I suppose if I g...when I get banned I'll prolly reincarnate to someone like the Colonel or Mrs. Feld :D
    but you will snag me for sure >:)

• Options

@DeplorableDan said:

@lermish said:

@DeplorableDan said:

@Coinscratch said:

Thats a great point, the bamboozling is definitely not cool, and it's a bit ironic for someone who clamors for fairness and integrity to go to these lengths to promote his business. With that said, Id still like to hear a confession before he walks the plank >:)

Hey while I got your attention what do you think or how have you done on the MyCollect GTG game?
    The gold (then Morgans) is kicking my butt - the difference between AU and MS...

• Options
    ifthevamzarockinifthevamzarockin Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 23, 2024 10:45AM

@DeplorableDan Great detective work! Did you tag @HeatherBoyd or send her a PM?

• Options
    lcoopielcoopie Posts: 8,862 ✭✭✭✭✭

Is there a one or two sentence summary?

LCoopie = Les
  • Options

@ifthevamzarockin said:
    @DeplorableDan Great detective work! Did you tag Heather or send her a PM?

I have not as of yet, you're more than welcome to do the honors if you want. I see the op hasn't been active in a couple days, I was curious if he had any type of rebuttal lol.

• Options
    ifthevamzarockinifthevamzarockin Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DeplorableDan said:
    I have not as of yet, you're more than welcome to do the honors if you want. I see the op hasn't been active in a couple days, I was curious if he had any type of rebuttal lol.

I edited my post to tag her. ;)

• Options
    MizzouMizzou Posts: 463 ✭✭✭✭

About E.ScottCoins.com

Customer satisfaction is top priority at E.ScottCoins.com!

In the spirit of honesty and transparency, if you're a collector of insert labels and/or silly purchased opinion stickers our site isn't for you.

Sometimes I think that animals are smarter than humans, animals would never allow the dumbest one to lead the pack

• Options

@Mizzou said:
    About E.ScottCoins.com

Customer satisfaction is top priority at E.ScottCoins.com!

In the spirit of honesty and transparency, if you're a collector of insert labels and/or silly purchased opinion stickers our site isn't for you.

What are silly purchased opinion stickers? I'm not familiar with those.

Steve

A day without fine wine and working on your coin collection is like a day without sunshine!!!

https://www.pcgs.com/setregistry/type-sets/design-type-sets/complete-dansco-7070-modified-type-set-1796-date/publishedset/213996
  • Options
    Morgan13Morgan13 Posts: 946 ✭✭✭✭✭

@winesteven said:

@Morgan13 said:

@VarietyFan said:

Steve

Steve it could be every other month. I stand corrected.

Student of numismatics and collector of Morgan dollars
    Successful BST transactions with: Namvet Justindan Mattniss RWW olah_in_MA

• Options

@Morgan13 said:

@winesteven said:

@Morgan13 said:

@VarietyFan said:

Steve

Steve it could be every other month. I stand corrected.

Hey, I'm just poking fun. All is good!!!!!!

Steve

• Options
    FredSFredS Posts: 59 ✭✭✭

I would imagine this post caused more people to go check out the guys site, than anything he ever promoted! I know I took a peek!

• Options

@FredS said:
    I would imagine this post caused more people to go check out the guys site, than anything he ever promoted! I know I took a peek!

I thought the same thing yesterday after I posted this, i guess theres no such thing as bad publicity lol.

• Options

I got the gear today too.
    Thank you PCGS!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file