Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
Options

EScottCoins.com update, promotion, images and fun stuff

I'd posted the following thread on the US Coin forum and, although most seemed to enjoy it and were very kind, a couple people
complained (dealers?) so I moved it here. I hope it's okay here!

Hello friends!

Back on February 20, 2019 I’d put up a post showing some (what I think are) fun coins and announcing being 30 days away from launching my “built from scratch” E-Commerce site called EScottCoins.com. Not long after that post I made the decision to design, engineer and manufacture my own imaging equipment and protocol with the intent of generating state of the art imagery (image examples below) and rework a significant portion of the E-Commerce site. My absolute goal in imagery is details and accuracy. In this modern computer era anyone can create “pretty” images through editing (and many do). Genuine accuracy with razor details is another story. My fundamental goal is that every single person that acquires a coin from my site receives exactly what they were expecting.

My site is now complete and I'm working diligently to populate it. I expect to be done doing so and have it live in 30 days or less (yes, I know I said that before, lol).

Although selling coins will be nice my site is absolutely rooted in a fundamental and foundational paradigm of customer appreciation and satisfaction and enhancing the hobby through exercising genuine integrity. The acquisition of paper dollars is a secondary byproduct. My primary goal is to provide a high quality, simple, clean site collectors enjoy visiting and to go back to old school where the customer is treated with the integrity and respect a customer deserves. My site won’t have any external advertising, no pop-ups and no ulterior motive other than displaying coins for sale…with image quality collectors will enjoy.

I’ve also designed and manufactured a new, fun patent pending imaging system that will be debuted on EScottCoins.com called the “Luster Cam”. Fun stuff!

As a promotion for my site and to help bring numismatic awareness to my community I’m launching a promotion. In conjunction with my local bank I’m placing a hoard of 19th century Indian cents into circulation. One cent will be specially marked. This marked cent will be redeemable during the duration of the promotion for a PCGS certified Mint State $20 Saint Gaudens. I’ve contacted Mr. Charville in hopes PCGS will special label the prize coin. I may mark more coins for lesser prizes as well. The promotion will be announced to all local press, coin publications, message boards, etc. as well as tracked on my site.

On another note: For the first time in a long, long time I visited the Long Beach show. I went there to have a meeting with Mr. Stewart Blay. His Flying Eagle and Indian Cent collection was on display along with the collections of Mr. Douglas Wright and Mr. Mark Hagen. For any collector that hasn’t seen these coins it’s a must do. Even if you’re not a fan of the series of coins just seeing the insane level of absolutely staggering quality all in one display case is mind boggling.

I personally encourage anyone that hasn’t done so to invest the time to meet Mr. Blay if the opportunity presents itself. He’s a tremendously friendly, personable and wonderfully charismatic individual and he makes you feel welcome from the moment you engage him. He’s open, genuine and loves sharing his wealth of experience based knowledge. Mr. Blay is a fantastic ambassador to the numismatic hobby and industry and a genuine pleasure to engage. I feel fortunate to have the opportunity to enjoy his company for a spell.

I also met Mr. Andy Scrabalak of Angel Dee’s Coins at the Long Beach show. I’d heard a lot of good things about Mr. Scrabalak from a previous long-time friend and #1 registry set owner named Thomas Mershon. Although my interaction with Mr. Scrabalak was only for a half hour or so I found him to be very transparent, forthcoming and helpful. Additionally he’s a ball of charisma and a great story teller. It was a pleasurable interaction.

Here are a couple images (assuming I'm successful in attaching them) created with my newly created imaging equipment. The images shown are not retouched or edited other than cropping. Opinions and constructive criticism greatly appreciated!

Kind regards to all.