edited December 3, 2023 3:25PM

@jmlanzaf said:

@WQuarterFreddie said:
    .> @Project Numismatics said:

@NJCoin said:

@Project Numismatics said:

@NJCoin said:

@Bullsitter said:
    I got one '21-S Morgan Tuesday, it shipped the other day.
    I'll post photos when it arrives, see if it's a return.

It absolutely will be a return. Doesn't mean it won't be perfectly fine, but they sold out instantly in 2021, and any problems with credit cards, order cancellations, exceeding HHLs, etc., were offered for sale at 7:30 a.m., also back in 2021. These are all now random stray returns.

Maybe, maybe not. Could be many reasons there are a few left. Incorrect inventory count, lost inventory since located, intentional holdback for any number of reasons and now released, inventory lost in shipping by USPS that was finally returned to sender. I’m sure we could come up with a few more reasons.

Sure. Anything is theoretically possible. But these are returns. They were hot items in 2021. They would have been put on sale at 7:30 a.m. in 2021 if anything you are suggesting actually happened.

These are 7:30 returns that they decided are sellable, probably after sitting in limbo for a long while. So they are selling them now, rather than destroying them. They didn't suddenly appear during an inventory reconciliation in 2023. They've been sitting around since they were returned in 2021, waiting for someone to decide what to do with them.

Believe what you want. I'm not suggesting they are going to be garbage. But I am saying they are something picky people would return, and did return, as @Arkie discovered with his prizes.

You are very confident in how the Mint operates. I’m simply suggesting there are many possibilities as to how the Mint or any large retail operation may end up with leftover inventory.

Are you a Mint employee or do have inside knowledge?

I find it interesting how NJ knows so much about what everyone else posts but not enough to create his own thread for others to disagree.... Facts!πŸ€£πŸ˜‚

You want to hear MORE from him?!?!?!

No. He just can't control himself, and thinks he spotted an opportunity to sling a little poop my way. Facts! πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚

For the record, nothing he ever says about me will bother me at all, so it's all good. And I find it interesting how he is so invested in the posts of someone he has on Ignore. I don't think he fully understands how that is supposed to work, while he encourages the rest of the community to Ignore me. πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚

Still can't wait to see his VB4 Black Friday Unbotted score.

• Options
    ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,913 ✭✭✭✭

FWIW, I rec'd my 2021 Peace dollar from the Vault sale. I am very happy with it! Some lint in the capsule but other than that it's a welcome addition to my collection!

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,165 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Manorcourtman said:
    FWIW, I rec'd my 2021 Peace dollar from the Vault sale. I am very happy with it! Some lint in the capsule but other than that it's a welcome addition to my collection!

The 2021s had a lot of lint for some reason.

• Options
    WQuarterFreddieWQuarterFreddie Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

@WQuarterFreddie said:

@NJCoin said:

@NJCoin said:

@Bullsitter said:

It absolutely will be a return. Doesn't mean it won't be perfectly fine, but they sold out instantly in 2021, and any problems with credit cards, order cancellations, exceeding HHLs, etc., were offered for sale at 7:30 a.m., also back in 2021. These are all now random stray returns.

Maybe, maybe not. Could be many reasons there are a few left. Incorrect inventory count, lost inventory since located, intentional holdback for any number of reasons and now released, inventory lost in shipping by USPS that was finally returned to sender. I’m sure we could come up with a few more reasons.

Sure. Anything is theoretically possible. But these are returns. They were hot items in 2021. They would have been put on sale at 7:30 a.m. in 2021 if anything you are suggesting actually happened.

These are 7:30 returns that they decided are sellable, probably after sitting in limbo for a long while. So they are selling them now, rather than destroying them. They didn't suddenly appear during an inventory reconciliation in 2023. They've been sitting around since they were returned in 2021, waiting for someone to decide what to do with them.

Believe what you want. I'm not suggesting they are going to be garbage. But I am saying they are something picky people would return, and did return, as @Arkie discovered with his prizes.

You are very confident in how the Mint operates. I’m simply suggesting there are many possibilities as to how the Mint or any large retail operation may end up with leftover inventory.

I find it interesting how NJ knows so much about what everyone else posts but not enough to create his own thread for others to disagree.... Facts!πŸ€£πŸ˜‚

Someone had to call him out. It's getting ridiculous....πŸ˜‚πŸ€£

• Options
    spacehaydukespacehayduke Posts: 5,506 ✭✭✭✭✭

@WQuarterFreddie said:

How so? NJ is providing good insight based on being a long time customer of the US Mint. It seems some here want 'magic' to happen with finding 70's on after sales 2 years later. All NJ is saying is based on his/her knowledge of how the US Mint operates, that is very unlikely. Some just don't want that conclusion to be so I guess so 'call him out'. BTW, how do you know NJ is a he and not a she? I don't recall a reveal.

Best, SH

Successful transactions with-Boosibri,lkeigwin,TomB,Broadstruck,coinsarefun,Type2,jom,ProfLiz, UltraHighRelief,Barndog,EXOJUNKIE,ldhair,fivecents,paesan,Crusty...
  • Options
    NJCoinNJCoin Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭✭✭

@WQuarterFreddie said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@WQuarterFreddie said:

@NJCoin said:

@NJCoin said:

@Bullsitter said:

And thankfully, we all have you to perform the function. Just how do you fulfill your self-appointed policing mission while maintaining an Ignore list? Regardless on how you manage to do it, I would like to thank you on behalf of the entire community for keeping me honest and calling me out. Facts! πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£

• Options
    WQuarterFreddieWQuarterFreddie Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭✭✭

@spacehayduke said:

@WQuarterFreddie said:

How so? NJ is providing good insight based on being a long time customer of the US Mint. It seems some here want 'magic' to happen with finding 70's on after sales 2 years later. All NJ is saying is based on his/her knowledge of how the US Mint operates, that is very unlikely. Some just don't want that conclusion to be so I guess so 'call him out'. BTW, how do you know NJ is a he and not a she? I don't recall a reveal.

Best, SH

I get it. You are a member of the NJ fan club. I am not. Nuff said....

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,165 ✭✭✭✭✭

I, for one, am glad to see that the Mint is becoming as controversial as VB.

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:
    I, for one, am glad to see that the Mint is becoming as controversial as VB.

It's not. Just one ill-advised attempt to push some crap out the door on Black Friday.

• Options
    edited December 3, 2023 5:56PM

@WQuarterFreddie said:

@spacehayduke said:

@WQuarterFreddie said:

Best, SH

I get it. You are a member of the NJ fan club. I am not. Nuff said....

I don't need a fan club. I also don't need some rando who claims to be ignoring me to go out of his way to put me in my place by "calling me out" in threads in which the rando is not involved, in conversations that the rando knows nothing about.

Maybe stick to what you know, like uploading pictures of Lincoln cents at tourist attractions. You don't see me crashing that thread to make uncalled for comments about you. 'Nuff said. πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£

• Options
    fox9487fox9487 Posts: 282 ✭✭✭

My 2018 W ASE proofs arrived earlier this week and all were excellent. Immediate flip to my LCS without even opening them at cost. He needed that date for some clients and he always sells me silver at spot or below. Took payment in Walking Halves in F condition at $8 each. We both did well.
    Still waiting for the 2021 Peace dollars I was able to get the last morning the vault was still available to arrive. Sorry LCS you can not have them at cost. :)

Successful Transactions: Coinflip, bp777, firstspousecoins, Akbeez, jmlanzaf, JWP
  • Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Bullsitter said:

Came in this morning, looks to be at least a 69, very pleased.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file