Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Treasures Await in the United States Mint Vault Sale on Cyber Monday

Comments

• Options
    GuxiyouGuxiyou Posts: 154 ✭✭✭

I'm not sure I even want to purchase anything, but it seemed like a fun event. But.... typical Mint fun I guess

• Options
    NJCoinNJCoin Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭✭✭

Much ado about nothing. I GUARANTEE there were never going to be the treasures people were hoping for, since, for the really good stuff, people would have held on to them rather than return them. And, keep in mind that most returns went back out periodically at 7:30 a.m., so it's not like there was ever a bunch of in-demand items sitting on a shelf in a warehouse gathering dust, waiting for the big 2023 vault sale.

So, kind of like VB, the Mint hyped this up, but it was never going to be more than unsold crap that has been sitting around unloved for who knows how long. The waiting room was cute, but it cleared very quickly.

Unfortunately, someone dropped the ball at the web developer, and they never populated the pages with the products. I'm sure they'll get that straightened out, and we'll all see there is nothing here of interest to any of us.

• Options

Well, looks like there are some 2023 Morgan and Peace proofs available. Maybe those were supposed to be the “vault treasures”?

• Options
    cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,705 ✭✭✭✭✭

I got in at 12:10. Nothing.

Many happy BST transactions
  • Options
    jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,065 ✭✭✭✭✭

now a 20 min wait... good grief

• Options
    hfjacintohfjacinto Posts: 774 ✭✭✭✭✭

Found it, you have to shop for all coins, some early Morgan’s were available but nothing else I wanted. I passed.

• Options

Sure you did. Care to share an order confirmation?

• Options
    WQuarterFreddieWQuarterFreddie Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭✭✭

I got kicked out and put back in waiting room 😂🤣

• Options

I got let in right away, but the vault page just gave an error. Once i figured out you just searched for the products under the normal pages, they were old coins in there. the 2019 ERP was in there but sold out. My 10 minutes was up and got kicked back in the waiting room.

• Options
    Clackamas1Clackamas1 Posts: 830 ✭✭✭✭✭

some 2019 things but not what I was hoping to buy.

• Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

Finally in. Ziltch.

Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options
    pointfivezeropointfivezero Posts: 1,669 ✭✭✭✭✭

Was in for ten minutes. Then back to the waiting room with the other expectant fathers.

Tried an open search and specific searches. No luck.

Tim

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 27, 2023 10:18AM

@steve_richardson said:

Well, looks like there are some 2023 Morgan and Peace proofs available. Maybe those were supposed to be the “vault treasures”?

Those never sold out and have always been available.

• Options
    mlittlemlittle Posts: 120 ✭✭✭

I waited and waited, got nothing

• Options
    RichRRichR Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭✭✭

I repeat...did anyone actually see or buy anything that was previously unavailable???

• Options
    GuxiyouGuxiyou Posts: 154 ✭✭✭

Interesting. When I finally got in I do see the 2019 ERP listed, but as unavailable. Makes me think there actually could have been one or more of those. Hopefully someone on this forum got it. Other than that, meh

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:

Thanks, I wasn’t sure if they sold out or not.

• Options
    RichRRichR Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 27, 2023 10:18AM

I momentarily got excited...then I kicked the dog!!!

• Options
    HoneyMarketHoneyMarket Posts: 805 ✭✭✭✭

I'm in now...Decisions, Decisions...

BST references available on request

• Options

the only good thing that looks like was available to buy was the American Eagle 2019 One Ounce Silver Enhanced Reverse Proof Coin

• Options
    joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 15,108 ✭✭✭✭✭

5 minutes before the start, I got in.
    Waiting, however. I was going through some channels than mistakenly, got kicked out!
    I guess it's not meant?
    Hope nothing worth buying for my sake?
    :*

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options
    ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭✭

The joke is on us. But what a joke they are!> @coinkid855 said:

I got one also!!!! SWEET!!

• Options
    DimeDorkDimeDork Posts: 33 ✭✭✭

I had the 2021 Peace Dollar in my bag but let it go for others.

• Options
    Dirt94Dirt94 Posts: 230 ✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:
    @steve_richardson said:

I got in the waiting room at like 10:50 and it did let me in right at 11:00 so I must have been one of the first on the waiting list. Doubt me if you want. Didn’t find anything anyway.

• Options
    KliaoKliao Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭✭✭

Didn't see anything worth buying other than the 2019 ERP ASE which was already sold out when I saw it. Couldn't have bought one anyways.

Collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• Options

US Mint is bold to put a lot of stuff on their page and then never stock it LOL

• Options

5 oz pucks for $380!!!

• Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,962 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,746 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Dirt94 said:

@jmlanzaf said:
    @steve_richardson said:

I got in the waiting room at like 10:50 and it did let me in right at 11:00 so I must have been one of the first on the waiting list. Doubt me if you want. Didn’t find anything anyway.

I started to write that but then realized I was misreading your post. Somehow, it accidentally posted along with the post I wrote later.

• Options
    JeffersonFrogJeffersonFrog Posts: 837 ✭✭✭✭✭

It took me 4 minutes to figure out how to shop. You have the choose the coin series under Shop/Coins, then look for the yellow/gold LIMITED triangle. I had a 2021 Peace in my bag, looked elsewhere (before I figured it out), and it was gone. Was able to buy a 2021 Morgan.

If we were all the same, the world would be an incredibly boring place.

Tommy

• Options

Yeah. It looks like the only thing worth buying was the 2021 Peace. I had it in my cart, but they wouldn't let me purchase since I got one in 2021.

• Options
    jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,065 ✭✭✭✭✭

I didn't buy anything. I did pull up the 19XE page in the background but didn't see it pop, if it even did.

The cyber sale page doesn't show it so i'm guessing those items that say "remind me" are all that actually came up.

• Options
    HoneyMarketHoneyMarket Posts: 805 ✭✭✭✭

Lots of Gold Proof coins and full sets...

BST references available on request

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:

@NJCoin said:
    Much ado about nothing. I GUARANTEE there were never going to be the treasures people were hoping for, since, for the really good stuff, people would have held on to them rather than return them. And, keep in mind that most returns went back out periodically at 7:30 a.m., so it's not like there was ever a bunch of in-demand items sitting on a shelf in a warehouse gathering dust, waiting for the big 2023 vault sale.

So, kind of like VB, the Mint hyped this up, but it was never going to be more than unsold crap that has been sitting around unloved for who knows how long. The waiting room was cute, but it cleared very quickly.

Unfortunately, someone dropped the ball at the web developer, and they never populated the pages with the products. I'm sure they'll get that straightened out, and we'll all see there is nothing here of interest to any of us.

Glad to see you're staying on brand;totally predictable, like death and taxes.

Unlike you, who constantly mixes things up! 🤣

• Options
    Dirt94Dirt94 Posts: 230 ✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

@Dirt94 said:

@jmlanzaf said:
    @steve_richardson said:

I started to write that but then realized I was misreading your post. Somehow, it accidentally posted along with the post I wrote later.

All good. I just wanted to point out it was possible because I was able to.

• Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

Disappointing - not going to buy other peoples returns. Oh well.

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• Options

The glitch was fixed by the time I got in the second time but the good stuff was already gone.

Some of the other coins you can buy cheaper on Ebay🤣😂.

Glad to see some of our members got lucky or smart enough to find the few treasures that were available before the glitch was fixed by the Mint.

Congratulations to the lucky few!😎

• Options
    edited November 27, 2023 10:43AM

@Arkie said:
    Got the 2021 Peace I was hoping for. I missed out the first time around not paying attention.

With the HHL of 1, I was reluctant to add any of the Morgans with privy I saw available. lol Didn't want the whole thing canceled because of it. I wasn't sure if HHL=1 on this is one order in the vault sale, PERIOD... or 1 per coin.

I just couldn't resist and did a second order of a 2021 Morgan, skipping the privys. If the second gets nixed... so be it. If both get nixed... well I end up with the same set of 2021's I had already... none.

You'll be fine. The limit is one per coin for the first 24 hours, just like usual. If you were violating a limit, they would not have allowed the order to complete.

• Options
    ArkieArkie Posts: 31 ✭✭✭

@NJCoin said:
    You'll be fine. The limit is one per coin for the first 24 hours, just like usual. If you were violating a limit, they would not have allowed the order to complete.

Cool. If I had really understood the limit on it... I might have over-committed. Probably better that I didn't understand. :smiley:

• Options

@Fraz said:

FUDGE! Only I didn't say fudge....

• Options

@Arkie said:

@NJCoin said:

Cool. If I had really understood the limit on it... I might have over-committed. Probably better that I didn't understand. :smiley:

Nah, because the more time you spent fiddling around grabbing what you wanted, the higher the likelihood that one or more items would have been sold out from under you. Having something in the Mint's cart does not prevent it from being sold to someone else.

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 15,041 ✭✭✭✭✭

As I understood the email, past purchasers could not purchase today.

"If you purchased one of these coins in the past, you’ll have to wait. To ensure fairness, a strict household order limit of one per household will be in force for the first 24 hours of our Vault Sale."

The 24 hour reference means no repeat purchasers and no more than one per person for new purchasers, for the first 24 hours.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file