Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Any wins from the Steve Hayden auction

Comments

• Options

@Boosibri said:
    Added for my local Civil War token set

That is really neat, went to high school in Mattawan, live in Kzoo now, had not seen that token before.

• Options
    WindycityWindycity Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats to all of you. Some very nice tokens!!

<a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.mullencoins.com">Mullen Coins Website - Windycity Coin website
  • Options
    kazkaz Posts: 9,069 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice wins folks!

• Options
    Project NumismaticsProject Numismatics Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭✭✭

Unfortunately I was clobbered on the two lots I chased - both far exceeded estimates and previous results by 2x+

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,489 ✭✭✭✭✭

I bought two of Feuchwanger three cent pieces. They both had some issues, but I didn’t want to spend a fortune on them. One went for less than I thought it would and other for a little more. I now have type token examples of all of the Feuchwanger one and three cent pieces, including the 1858 to ‘63 (?) novadel and the 1863 Civil War token. I hope to write an article that will be published somewhere.

I was the underbidder on the South Carolina Feauchwanger composition piece in an earlier Heritage auction. I Steve beat me out. It sold for even more in his sale, so I guess he knew what he was doing.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,489 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Boosibri said:

I thought about bidding on that Indiana Primitive, but laid off it. It really doesn’t fit in with other Indiana Primitives I have, which are mostly patriotic (not merchant) tokens.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    BoosibriBoosibri Posts: 11,877 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BillJones said:

@Boosibri said:

>

I thought about bidding on that Indiana Primitive, but laid off it. It really doesn’t fit in with other Indiana Primitives I have, which are mostly patriotic (not merchant) tokens.

…and for that I am thankful

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file