Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Treasures Await in the United States Mint Vault Sale on Cyber Monday

Comments

• Options
    bretsanbretsan Posts: 113 ✭✭✭

I hope that someone gets a decent coin out of this mint sale. So, far the vault is empty!

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,278 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JBK said:
    As I understood the email, past purchasers could not purchase today.

"If you purchased one of these coins in the past, you’ll have to wait. To ensure fairness, a strict household order limit of one per household will be in force for the first 24 hours of our Vault Sale."

The 24 hour reference means no repeat purchasers and no more than one per person for new purchasers, for the first 24 hours.

That is correct.

• Options
    Silver70Silver70 Posts: 5
    edited November 27, 2023 11:26AM

Well, that Vault Sale left a bad taste in my mouth. Major screw-up by the US Mint

I learned my lesson of going straight to "All Coins" or having specific product pages open instead of relying on the sale pages that don't work.

• Options
    ArkieArkie Posts: 31 ✭✭✭

@JBK said:

"If you purchased one of these coins in the past, you’ll have to wait. To ensure fairness, a strict household order limit of one per household will be in force for the first 24 hours of our Vault Sale."

The 24 hour reference means no repeat purchasers and no more than one per person for new purchasers, for the first 24 hours.

I think they could have been clearer in the "limits" on the vault "sale". I read and reread the statements as I was sitting in the waiting room and it could be read at least three ways.

1. No more than 1 order (total) per HH during the sale. (implies that that purchase could be a dozen coins)
    2. No more than 1 per product during the sale, unlimited number of products, implying unlimited orders in that case. [I think this is @NJCoin interpretation]
    3. No more than 1 per product and only 1 order (total)
      And of course, you can't buy anything you've already bought through the mint.

I'm hanging my hat on #2. Since, it let me add multiple products to my cart and get all the way to finalize, without throwing a limit message (although I backed out only to be the Peace on the first order) -- seems like that would have been limited by #3. And then if they could tell that you had purchased a product previously, as I think someone else mentioned the system told them Nope, it should have rejected my second order where I rolled the dice on a Morgan -- meaning #1 would have kicked in. However, the first order might not have been fully on the records, as it was at most a minute later when I fired off the second.

So unless I get a Nope email soon, #2 must be the winner. As I mentioned, if both are kicked back... oh well, I'm right back where I was 2 hours ago... no 2021's in OGP for me. :-)

• Options
    NJCoinNJCoin Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 27, 2023 12:14PM

@Arkie said:

@JBK said:

I think they could have been clearer in the "limits" on the vault "sale". I read and reread the statements as I was sitting in the waiting room and it could be read at least three ways.

1. No more than 1 order (total) per HH during the sale. (implies that that purchase could be a dozen coins)
    2. No more than 1 per product during the sale, unlimited number of products, implying unlimited orders in that case. [I think this is @NJCoin interpretation]
    3. No more than 1 per product and only 1 order (total)
      And of course, you can't buy anything you've already bought through the mint.

I'm hanging my hat on #2. Since, it let me add multiple products to my cart and get all the way to finalize, without throwing a limit message (although I backed out only to be the Peace on the first order) -- seems like that would have been limited by #3. And then if they could tell that you had purchased a product previously, as I think someone else mentioned the system told them Nope, it should have rejected my second order where I rolled the dice on a Morgan -- meaning #1 would have kicked in. However, the first order might not have been fully on the records, as it was at most a minute later when I fired off the second.

So unless I get a Nope email soon, #2 must be the winner. As I mentioned, if both are kicked back... oh well, I'm right back where I was 2 hours ago... no 2021's in OGP for me. :-)

If you previously bought the Morgan that you bought today, the order will be canceled, and the item will go back into the vault for sale to someone else tomorrow, unless they are not actually enforcing that, because that's exactly what they said they were going to do.

I had a 2021 Peace Dollar in my cart. I thought I could not complete the order because I bought one previously, but maybe they aren't enforcing that, and it just sold out on me.

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,882 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think I'm on board with #2, as long as you have not purchased that product previously (today, last month, last year, etc.)

The mint's email is fairly clear to me, in that it says prior purchasers (not today) of a specific item aren't eligible to participate for 24 hours for the products they already purchased previously.

• Options

@NJCoin said:
    If you previously bought the Morgan that you bought today, the order will be canceled, and the item will go back into the vault for sale to someone else tomorrow, unless they are not actually enforcing that, because that's exactly what they said they were going to do.

@JBK said:
    I think I'm on board with #2, as long as you have not purchased that product previously (today, last month, last year, etc.)

I hadn't purchased either of the 2021 Peace or Morgan before today. Figured they were a one-and-done back in 2021 so I ignored it as a "collection" item. But now that they seem to be a "thing," I felt the need to backfill on it.

• Options
    MarkMark Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭✭✭

I just tried again by Googling US Mint and Valut and got a page with many different items. I back-filled the Tuskegee Airmen 5 ounce silver puck, which I missed at the time it was issued due to its rapid sell-out and my lousy Internet connection.

Mark

• Options
    U1chicagoU1chicago Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Mark said:
    I just tried again by Googling US Mint and Valut and got a page with many different items. I back-filled the Tuskegee Airmen 5 ounce silver puck, which I missed at the time it was issued due to its rapid sell-out and my lousy Internet connection.

The one that was priced at $380 from the US Mint?
    If so, you can find them on eBay for as low as $204.20:
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/115951275936

• Options
    124Spider124Spider Posts: 856 ✭✭✭✭✭

I went in later, when everything was sold. Fortunately, there was nothing I would have bought, but I was surprised that apparently they had some of the 2021 Morgan and Peace dollars for sale.

• Options
    MarkMark Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭✭✭

@U1chicago: I could claim it's my OCD to buy the pucks from the mint but in all honesty it's my stupidity for not looking at eBay ... :'(

Mark

• Options
    U1chicagoU1chicago Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Mark said:
    @U1chicago: I could claim it's my OCD to buy the pucks from the mint but in all honesty it's my stupidity for not looking at eBay ... :'(

You could probably still cancel your order or return it when it arrives (especially if you find an issue). Otherwise, consider it coin tuition (we all have been there to varying degrees).

• Options
    1madman1madman Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭✭✭

When did the mint start charging $9.90 for shipping? What happened to $4.95?

• Options
    MetroDMetroD Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭✭✭

@1madman said:
    When did the mint start charging $9.90 for shipping? What happened to $4.95?

$9.90 appears to be "budget shipping" (1 -2 weeks) with signature required.

• Options
    CocoinutCocoinut Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭✭✭

I looked at the site mid-afternoon. Lots of "Not availables", which surprised me because I sure didn't see any bargains. If there was anything offered that had sold for a premium on the open market, the premium could be diminished or wiped out. The Mint tried this several years ago and ticked off some collectors/investors.

Countdown to completion of my Mercury Set: 2 coins. My growing Lincoln Set: Finally completed!
  • Options
    jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks like the 2019 ERP WAS available today...

Congrats to those that got one!

• Options
    ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,923 ✭✭✭✭

I got a confirmation email from the Mint on my 2021 Peace dollar order. I did not buy any in the past so I'm in the clear, if they truly have the inventory in the "vault." I'm pleasantly surprised by the whole sale. But I understand the frustration of others.

• Options
    bramn8rbramn8r Posts: 763 ✭✭✭✭✭

Pretty sure everything was sold out fast when I looked at 1:00 PM. No inventory.

• Options
    edited November 27, 2023 3:32PM

@jessewvu said:

What makes you think that? Once they got their act together, the Vault page populated.

57 items. Most of them unavailable at the time the page populated.

Item 19XE is NOT among them, your leg pulling notwithstanding. All you stumbled onto is the original page that apparently automatically updates with price adjustments. Since it is not listed in the Vault page, I cannot believe it was included in today's "sale."

The only surprise for me today was the 2021 Morgan and Peace Dollars. The only one I would have been eligible to buy would have been the CC Morgan. But, since I didn't know where to look until it was too late, I missed out.

Oh well! Given all the hype, it never occurred to me that product would be available other than on the Vault page. But leave it to the Mint to screw it up.

• Options
    edited November 27, 2023 3:33PM

@Cocoinut said:
    I looked at the site mid-afternoon. Lots of "Not availables", which surprised me because I sure didn't see any bargains. If there was anything offered that had sold for a premium on the open market, the premium could be diminished or wiped out. The Mint tried this several years ago and ticked off some collectors/investors.

As I said in an earlier post, they definitely took a page out of VB's book in terms of the hype, including the virtual waiting room, but the sale itself is exactly what was promised. No deals. No bargains. Just random unsold inventory at current prices, which include 5 oz pucks marked up ~100% above their original issue price.

The front page couldn't be more clear:

"We’ve opened our vault and dug deep to offer you some of our most iconic coins and medals. These products haven’t been offered for sale recently, but we’re dusting them off to give you one last chance to add them to your collection!

Products in the Vault Sale are not offered at a discount. There is a household limit of 1 on these products."

• Options
    edited November 27, 2023 3:40PM

@NJCoin said:

@jessewvu said:

What makes you think that? Once they got their act together, the Vault page populated.

57 items. Most of them unavailable at the time the page populated.

Item 19XE is NOT among them, your leg pulling notwithstanding. All you stumbled onto is the original page that apparently automatically updates with price adjustments. Since it is not listed in the Vault page, I cannot believe it was included in today's "sale."

The only surprise for me today was the 2021 Morgan and Peace Dollars. The only one I would have been eligible to buy would have been the CC Morgan. But, since I didn't know where to look until it was too late, I missed out.

Oh well! Given all the hype, it never occurred to me that product would be available other than on the Vault page. But leave it to the Mint to screw it up.

It showed up under the "vault sale" search so it does appear that they were available. 19XE was on that page when I got there, though already sold out. In fact, I just looked and it is still one of the 57 items.

• Options

It showed up in the "vault sale" page, near the bottom for me. When I typed 19XE in the search bar before I got into the waiting room, the result was "not found" or something like that. After my second time in, it came up and was sold out.

• Options

@NJCoin said:

@Cocoinut said:

As I said in an earlier post, they definitely took a page out of VB's book in terms of the hype, including the virtual waiting room, but the sale itself is exactly what was promised. No deals. No bargains. Just random unsold inventory at current prices, which include 5 oz pucks marked up ~100% above their original issue price.

"We’ve opened our vault and dug deep to offer you some of our most iconic coins and medals. These products haven’t been offered for sale recently, but we’re dusting them off to give you one last chance to add them to your collection!

Products in the Vault Sale are not offered at a discount. There is a household limit of 1 on these products."
    @NJCoin said:

@Cocoinut said:

The Mint has been using the waiting room from before VB existed. Smh...

• Options

@jessewvu said:
    It showed up in the "vault sale" page, near the bottom for me. When I typed 19XE in the search bar before I got into the waiting room, the result was "not found" or something like that. After my second time in, it came up and was sold out.

Now I see it. I must be going blind. Wow! Someone definitely got a score there. I never would have thought. Given this was included, it's a little surprising no 75th privy eagles, silver or gold, were included.

• Options
    edited November 27, 2023 3:55PM

@jmlanzaf said:

@NJCoin said:

@Cocoinut said:

@NJCoin said:

@Cocoinut said:

Yeah. For releases where they got slammed for good reason, and where it took a while to clear. Not for glitchy vault sales, where the room totally cleared in around 5 minutes.

The reference to VB hype wasn't an implication that they stole waiting rooms from VB. It was that they implemented one when it wasn't necessary, and created hype by doing so. SMH.

• Options
    edited November 27, 2023 7:48PM

@NJCoin said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@NJCoin said:

@Cocoinut said:

@NJCoin said:

@Cocoinut said:

Yeah. For releases where they got slammed for good reason, and where it took a while to clear. Not for glitchy vault sales, where the room totally cleared in around 5 minutes.

The reference to VB hype wasn't an implication that they stole waiting rooms from VB. It was that they implemented one when it wasn't necessary, and created hype by doing so. SMH.

It creates order. If they only had 1 or 2 2019 ERP, you would have had the normal chaos of trying to check out. You also don't know how many thousands of people jumped on at noon. The whole point of the waiting room in both cases is to create an orderly process.

The whole point is that they stole nothing from VB. Your entire need to invoke VB here is some kind of sickness. And you think Freddie is obsessed...

Smh..

• Options

There are still 12 items left as of 11 PM eastern. Half are overpriced ATB pucks at double the original price. At noon there were some 2021 Morgan privy mark cc showing as available, but as soon as you put one in the bag it went unavailable. Tried that with a couple other items with the same result. Some folks seem to have gotten orders confirmed, but no luck here. Mostly just a waste of a couple hours of my time. At my hourly rate who do I send my invoice to?

• Options
    edited November 27, 2023 10:08PM

@jmlanzaf said:

@NJCoin said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@NJCoin said:

@Cocoinut said:

@NJCoin said:

@Cocoinut said:

It creates order. If they only had 1 or 2 2019 ERP, you would have had the normal chaos of trying to check out. You also don't know how many thousands of people jumped on at noon. The whole point of the waiting room in both cases is to create an orderly process.

The whole point is that they stole nothing from VB. Your entire need to invoke VB here is some kind of sickness. And you think Freddie is obsessed...

Smh..

Yes. Thanks for explaining the waiting room. Now I understand. SMH.

My point is that this was a lot of hype over nothing. The website did not get slammed, as evidenced by how quickly the waiting room cleared. It wasn't a hot new release, with 100,000 people chasing 10,000 of something.

In fact, it was nothing other than a handful of 2021 Morgan and Peace Dollars, and one or two 2019 enhanced proofs. And, no one knew that ahead of time. And, they didn't even have the vault page ready to go at noon.

Rather than just putting up whatever they had at 7:30 some random morning, as they usually do, they created a circus for no reason other than to create a circus. The analogy to VB, obsessive or not, was to a lot of hype with no substance. Even though, unlike VB, the Mint didn't screw anyone over by overcharging them for sight unseen coins with a very small chance to grab one of the few winners.

They just wasted our time by having us queue up in a waiting room for nothing. Followed by going to a vault sale page with nothing on it. And then having us engage in a scavenger hunt on the website for the few coins worth buying. By the time the vault page was working, everything worth buying was gone.

There was no "order," even with the waiting room. All the waiting room did was prevent the site from crashing for no reason, since this entire promotion was kind of pointless. Just like VB's "unbotting" events from time to time.

They could have accomplished the same thing simply by having the available inventory available for purchase all along. And then maybe offering some sort of Cyber Monday discount for crap they wanted to move, like $400 pucks that are available elsewhere for a little more than $200, and that contain $125 worth of silver. Or maybe just melt down old unsold inventory, as they say they will do, and maybe give whatever was bought at full price back in the day a chance to appreciate a little in value.

People overpaying for pucks at least knew exactly that they were getting. And people not getting 2021 Morgan and Peace Dollars knew what they were not getting. Unlike VB customers, until they have their "fun" and break their boxes. I stand by my analogy of this fiasco to VB hype, even if the esteemed professor cannot see or understand it.

• Options

@NJCoin said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@NJCoin said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@NJCoin said:

@Cocoinut said:

@NJCoin said:

@Cocoinut said:

Smh..

My point is that this was a lot of hype over nothing. The website did not get slammed, as evidenced by how quickly the waiting room cleared. It wasn't a hot new release, with 100,000 people chasing 10,000 of something.

In fact, it was nothing other than a handful of 2021 Morgan and Peace Dollars, and one or two 2019 enhanced proofs. And, no one knew that ahead of time. And, they didn't even have the vault page ready to go at noon.

Rather than just putting up whatever they had at 7:30 some random morning, as they usually do, they created a circus for no reason other than to create a circus. The analogy to VB, obsessive or not, was to a lot of hype with no substance. Even though, unlike VB, the Mint didn't screw anyone over by overcharging them for sight unseen coins with a very small chance to grab one of the few winners.

They just wasted our time by having us queue up in a waiting room for nothing. Followed by going to a vault sale page with nothing on it. And then having us engage in a scavenger hunt on the website for the few coins worth buying. By the time the vault page was working, everything worth buying was gone.

There was no "order," even with the waiting room. All the waiting room did was prevent the site from crashing for no reason, since this entire promotion was kind of pointless. Just like VB's "unbotting" events from time to time.

They could have accomplished the same thing simply by having the available inventory available for purchase all along. And then maybe offering some sort of Cyber Monday discount for crap they wanted to move, like $400 pucks that are available elsewhere for a little more than $200, and that contain $125 worth of silver. Or maybe just melt down old unsold inventory, as they say they will do, and maybe give whatever was bought at full price back in the day a chance to appreciate a little in value.

People overpaying for pucks at least knew exactly that they were getting. And people not getting 2021 Morgan and Peace Dollars knew what they were not getting. Unlike VB customers, until they have their "fun" and break their boxes. I stand by my analogy of this fiasco to VB hype, even if the esteemed professor cannot see or understand it.

Tldr

• Options

2021 morgan dollars were available again today.

• Options
    jfriedm56jfriedm56 Posts: 874 ✭✭✭✭✭

Glad I bought many of these items when they were first available from the Mint at their original release dates. I was going after the 19XE, but had no real expectations of getting one. I was eligible because a family member purchased mine for me, as I was unable to attain one. What a hyped-up bunch of overpriced leftovers from the Mint. I won't be fooled again!

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:

@NJCoin said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@NJCoin said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@NJCoin said:

@Cocoinut said:

@NJCoin said:

@Cocoinut said:

Smh..

Tldr

And yet you took the time and made the effort to post a response. Much appreciated.

My money is on your having read every last word. 🤣

• Options
    ProofCollectionProofCollection Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭✭✭

For those who might be interested... I had forgotten that I had bought a 2021 Peace and tried to buy one yesterday. When I went to place the order it declined me saying that I had reached the order limit or something like that. So they have stepped up their game a bit and now prevent you from placing an order at all if you have reached limits.

• Options

@NJCoin said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@NJCoin said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@NJCoin said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@NJCoin said:

@Cocoinut said:

@NJCoin said:

@Cocoinut said:

Smh..

Tldr

And yet you took the time and made the effort to post a response. Much appreciated.

My money is on your having read every last word. 🤣

You lost your money. You would have done better buying an Ultrabreaks.

• Options
    fox9487fox9487 Posts: 282 ✭✭✭

Everyone should stay away from "a hyped-up bunch of overpriced leftovers from the Mint" as it makes the morning picking.s much easier for the rest of us.

Successful Transactions: Coinflip, bp777, firstspousecoins, Akbeez, jmlanzaf, JWP
  • Options

Well, received my two orders today. Underwhelmed, but still happy I filled my two missing 2021 peace/morgan spots.

Both coins had identical rub marks on the reverse rim. And I mean identical! Same length, same angle. Nothing touches a field or designs, but rubbed just enough of the matte-like finish to be noticeable under 15x. The rest of the coin is “flawless”. Not sure of they would squeeze out a 68 or not… doubt a 69.

• Options
    7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,284 ✭✭✭✭✭

That was one of the worst "sales" in memory! I wonder if there really were any of the 2019 ERP coins available?

Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
    Well, just Love coins, period.
  • Options
    coinercoiner Posts: 431 ✭✭✭

19XE final sales figure = 29,910
    Mintage 30,000
    90 coins unaccounted for. Were these possible for the sale? Was there some other amount available and some destroyed? Who knows

• Options
    spacehaydukespacehayduke Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Arkie said:
    Well, received my two orders today. Underwhelmed, but still happy I filled my two missing 2021 peace/morgan spots.

Both coins had identical rub marks on the reverse rim. And I mean identical! Same length, same angle. Nothing touches a field or designs, but rubbed just enough of the matte-like finish to be noticeable under 15x. The rest of the coin is “flawless”. Not sure of they would squeeze out a 68 or not… doubt a 69.

Returns?

Successful transactions with-Boosibri,lkeigwin,TomB,Broadstruck,coinsarefun,Type2,jom,ProfLiz, UltraHighRelief,Barndog,EXOJUNKIE,ldhair,fivecents,paesan,Crusty...
  • Options
    alaura22alaura22 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, I wonder if the mint will accept returns on the returns :o

• Options
    jfriedm56jfriedm56 Posts: 874 ✭✭✭✭✭

@coiner said:
    19XE final sales figure = 29,910
    Mintage 30,000
    90 coins unaccounted for. Were these possible for the sale? Was there some other amount available and some destroyed? Who knows

The accepted sales figure from the Mint and Red Book has been 29,909 for the past few years. Did the Mint sell 1 coin at their spectacular vault sale? I doubt it. Did anyone here buy the 1 coin?

• Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,356 ✭✭✭✭✭

I got one '21-S Morgan Tuesday, it shipped the other day.
    I'll post photos when it arrives, see if it's a return.

• Options

@Bullsitter said:

It absolutely will be a return. Doesn't mean it won't be perfectly fine, but they sold out instantly in 2021, and any problems with credit cards, order cancellations, exceeding HHLs, etc., were offered for sale at 7:30 a.m., also back in 2021. These are all now random stray returns.

• Options
    Project NumismaticsProject Numismatics Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭✭✭

@NJCoin said:

@Bullsitter said:

It absolutely will be a return. Doesn't mean it won't be perfectly fine, but they sold out instantly in 2021, and any problems with credit cards, order cancellations, exceeding HHLs, etc., were offered for sale at 7:30 a.m., also back in 2021. These are all now random stray returns.

Maybe, maybe not. Could be many reasons there are a few left. Incorrect inventory count, lost inventory since located, intentional holdback for any number of reasons and now released, inventory lost in shipping by USPS that was finally returned to sender. I’m sure we could come up with a few more reasons.

• Options
    edited December 3, 2023 1:29PM

@Project Numismatics said:

@NJCoin said:

@Bullsitter said:

Maybe, maybe not. Could be many reasons there are a few left. Incorrect inventory count, lost inventory since located, intentional holdback for any number of reasons and now released, inventory lost in shipping by USPS that was finally returned to sender. I’m sure we could come up with a few more reasons.

Sure. Anything is theoretically possible. But these are returns. They were hot items in 2021. They would have been put on sale at 7:30 a.m. in 2021 if anything you are suggesting actually happened.

These are 7:30 returns that they decided are sellable, probably after sitting in limbo for a long while. So they are selling them now, rather than destroying them. They didn't suddenly appear during an inventory reconciliation in 2023. They've been sitting around since they were returned in 2021, waiting for someone to decide what to do with them.

Believe what you want. I'm not suggesting they are going to be garbage. But I am saying they are something picky people would return, and did return, as @Arkie discovered with his prizes.

• Options
    Project NumismaticsProject Numismatics Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭✭✭

@NJCoin said:

@NJCoin said:

@Bullsitter said:

Sure. Anything is theoretically possible. But these are returns. They were hot items in 2021. They would have been put on sale at 7:30 a.m. in 2021 if anything you are suggesting actually happened.

These are 7:30 returns that they decided are sellable, probably after sitting in limbo for a long while. So they are selling them now, rather than destroying them. They didn't suddenly appear during an inventory reconciliation in 2023. They've been sitting around since they were returned in 2021, waiting for someone to decide what to do with them.

Believe what you want. I'm not suggesting they are going to be garbage. But I am saying they are something picky people would return, and did return, as @Arkie discovered with his prizes.

You are very confident in how the Mint operates. I’m simply suggesting there are many possibilities as to how the Mint or any large retail operation may end up with leftover inventory.

Are you a Mint employee or do have inside knowledge?

• Options
    edited December 3, 2023 2:15PM

@NJCoin said:

@NJCoin said:

@Bullsitter said:

You are very confident in how the Mint operates. I’m simply suggesting there are many possibilities as to how the Mint or any large retail operation may end up with leftover inventory.

Nope. I have just been a customer for a very long time, and am applying a tiny bit of common sense to what I observe. As I said, yes, everything you say is theoretically possible.

But, remembering back to 2021, these sold out within minutes each time they were put on sale, and they periodically appeared at 7:30 on random mornings. At which time they were also gone almost instantaneously. The possibility that there was a hold back, or missing inventory, waiting for a possible vault sale in 2 years, is highly unlikely.

Much more likely is that all of the opened returns, with people whining about one imperfection or another, were put in a pile somewhere in the warehouse waiting for someone from the Mint who knows what they are looking at to make a determination regarding what is sellable and what is not.

The odds are high that is what is being sold now. Not with everything they offered in the vault sale. But with the hot instant sell outs. The odds of any 2021 Morgan and Peace Dollars being offered now not having already been examined and rejected by someone else are next to zero.

Again, this doesn't mean the problem wasn't as simple as a piece of lint in a capsule, but I just don't think their systems are so immature so as to have inventory hidden from view for 2 years and then suddenly appearing for the sale. No inside knowledge, and I might be totally off base. At original issue price, it's hard to lose on these, even if they aren't 70s. Which they aren't.

• Options
    WQuarterFreddieWQuarterFreddie Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭✭✭

.> @Project Numismatics said:

@NJCoin said:

@NJCoin said:

@Bullsitter said:

I find it interesting how NJ knows so much about what everyone else posts but not enough to create his own thread for others to disagree.... Facts!🤣😂

• Options

@WQuarterFreddie said:
    .> @Project Numismatics said:

@NJCoin said:

@NJCoin said:

@Bullsitter said:

I find it interesting how NJ knows so much about what everyone else posts but not enough to create his own thread for others to disagree.... Facts!🤣😂

You want to hear MORE from him?!?!?!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file