Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

P0CKETCHANGE 2000th Post Celebration & Giveaway 🥳 ***WINNER SELECTED***

P0CKETCHANGEP0CKETCHANGE Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 25, 2023 7:35AM in U.S. Coin Forum

This is my 2000th post! 🥳

I joined the boards four years ago, when I was getting back into collecting in 2019. Little did I know a pandemic would ignite the coin market the next year. This (rekindled) hobby became a welcome distraction during a crazy time, and I’ve become more determined to build a really cool collection.

One big focus this year has been on the mysterious and esoteric double dime, and I’ve enjoyed sharing my appreciation for this quirky, uncommon series. In that spirit, I’m happy to announce that I’ll be giving away this PCGS XF45 1875-S, which I happily acquired from the BST recently.

This fantastic type coin is pedigreed to the @ad4400 type collection, and it's a wonderful example of a mid-grade coin. The circulation cameo and sharp strike give it tremendous eye appeal. I expect the new owner will be very pleased.

How to enter: Reply to this post and include a photo of a 20c piece. It doesn’t need to be one you own, although it’s cool if it is. (Note: If you want to be excluded from the drawing for any reason, just note that in your post.)

Rules:
1. You MUST include a 20c photo to enter! Again, there's no requirement that it's one you own.
2. Entrants must have a forum “join date” before today, and have at least one post made before today. This is to prevent duplicate account creation to get more entries.
3. The entry period will run for one week and the drawing will happen on Saturday, Nov 25th (exact time TBD).
4. I will assign each qualified entry a number (consecutively, in order of reply) and use a random number generator to draw the winner.
5. Winner must claim and confirm shipping address within 72 hours, or I will redraw. I will PM the winning member immediately after the drawing, as most people get an email when PM’d. If you don't, you can enable it in settings.
6. Shipping address must be in the United States (sorry for our international friends).
7. In the unlikely case where this giveaway commitment is not fulfilled in part of whole (for ex., my untimely death or demise, damage or loss by the USPS, etc.), even if due to my own gross negligence (for ex., bringing the coin on a boat and accidentally dropping it into the ocean), the winner shall not be entitled to any further claim or entitlement to the coin and/or any monetary compensation or recompense.
8. No griping or grousing about the rules.
9. Good luck!

Nothing is as expensive as free money.

Comments

• Options
    ifthevamzarockinifthevamzarockin Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats on 2K and glad you decided to stick around. :)

Super nice coin & giveaway! <3

• Options
    Mr_SpudMr_Spud Posts: 4,515 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congratulations and thanks for the chance 🌝

Mr_Spud

• Options
    UpGrayeddUpGrayedd Posts: 523 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats on your 2000th post and thanks for the chance.

Philippians 4:4-7

• Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,568 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wonderful series to attempt. Short and expensive!
    I no longer own a double dime but here's a pic of a grade and date/mm I did own at one time.

bob :)
    vegas baby!

Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    RayboRaybo Posts: 5,276 ✭✭✭✭✭

I love the "oddball" denominations.
    Thanks PC!

• Options
    joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,941 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congratulations on your
    2000th!
    Awesome for you to be here.
    Thanks 4 da Chance!

What a Magnificent Series!

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options
    erwindocerwindoc Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the give-a-way and congratulations on 4 years! I dont own a 20c. Found a nice photo to get me in the game though!

• Options
    ConshyboyConshyboy Posts: 396 ✭✭✭✭

Are foreign coins acceptable?

• Options
    CoinscratchCoinscratch Posts: 7,987 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats on all fronts. Pretty sure that slab would float.
    Thanks for the chance!

• Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,804 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't have a 20¢ coin and thought @MarkKelley was brilliant for posting your coin. Wait, I do have one....not sure where I picked it up. Cool contest, very original and congrats on posting this giveaway exactly on your 2000'th post!

• Options
    alaura22alaura22 Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 19, 2023 9:51PM

Congrats on 2000th post
    And thanks for the chance
    Here's my double dime

• Options
    jshaulisjshaulis Posts: 799 ✭✭✭✭

Like others, I don't have a 20 cent piece. But here is one I found.

Successful transactions with forum members commoncents05, dmarks, Coinscratch, Bullsitter, DCW, TwoSides2aCoin, Namvet69 (facilitated for 3rd party), Tetromibi, ProfLizMay, MASSU2, MWallace, Bruce7789, Twobitcollector, 78saen, U1chicago

• Options
    marcmoishmarcmoish Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭✭✭

@alaura22 said:
    Congrats on 2000th post
    And thanks for the chanse
    Here's my double dime

wow, thank for the chance too.
    2K Milestone!
    Here's a nice one, it belongs to @alaura22

• Options
    KliaoKliao Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats on the milestone. Still searching for a nice 20c to add to my collection so don't have one I own to post.
    Heres a pretty proof example from coinfacts.

Young Numismatist/collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• Options
    OwnerofawheatiehordeOwnerofawheatiehorde Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you for the chance, a 20c has been on my “Buy” list for a while now. :)

Here is a pretty one from CoinFacts.

Type collector, mainly into Seated. Young Numismatist. Good BST transactions with: mirabela, OKCC, MICHAELDIXON

• Options
    yosclimberyosclimber Posts: 4,605 ✭✭✭✭✭

Here's a somewhat older 20c.
    Not mine, although I do have a lower grade example.

• Options
    fastfreddiefastfreddie Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not mine but had one very similar to this. Thank you for your giveaway. You are very generous!

It is not that life is short, but that you are dead for so very long.
  • Options
    Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats on 2K. Double Dimes are one of my favorites.

• Options
    CocoinutCocoinut Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 18, 2023 9:03PM

A very generous giveaway. Thanks for the opportunity. This is the only double dime I've ever owned.

Countdown to completion of my Mercury Set: 2 coins. My growing Lincoln Set: Finally completed!
  • Options

Thanks for the opportunity. I wish I’d found this board pre-pandemic, it would have been a welcome distraction from the things going on in my families life far more serious, but glad to be here now.

• Options
    2windy2fish2windy2fish Posts: 817 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not my coin, but i like the originality of this coin!
    Thank you for the chance!

• Options
    winestevenwinesteven Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 18, 2023 10:16PM

@PocketChange , thanks for the opportunity, but more importantly, thanks for sharing your insights, wisdom, and experiences over these past four years!

Hey @FlyingAl , what a great looking 1875-CC shown way above! I guess I’ll have to post one of my others to enter, lol (this photo was taken by another great photographer).

Steve

A day without fine wine and working on your coin collection is like a day without sunshine!!!

My collecting “Pride & Joy” is my PCGS Registry Dansco 7070 Set:
    https://www.pcgs.com/setregistry/type-sets/design-type-sets/complete-dansco-7070-modified-type-set-1796-date/publishedset/213996
  • Options
    FlyingAlFlyingAl Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭✭✭

@winesteven said:
    Hey @FlyingAl , what a great looking 1875-CC shown way above! I guess I’ll have to post one of my others to enter, lol (this photo was taken by another great photographer).

Steve

Sorry Steve, stole your thunder there. :smile: I couldn't help myself, it's such a great coin!

Coin Photographer.

• Options
    winestevenwinesteven Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭✭✭

No problem at all. As you know, you always have my permission to use photos of my coins that you’ve shot! :smiley:

Steve

A day without fine wine and working on your coin collection is like a day without sunshine!!!

My collecting “Pride & Joy” is my PCGS Registry Dansco 7070 Set:
    https://www.pcgs.com/setregistry/type-sets/design-type-sets/complete-dansco-7070-modified-type-set-1796-date/publishedset/213996
  • Options
    jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,389 ✭✭✭✭✭

What a great giveaway. Here is my entry. I owned this coin for many years, but sold it with my first 7070 album.
    jim

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain
  • Options
    NickelMikeNickelMike Posts: 190 ✭✭✭
    edited November 19, 2023 12:47AM

Thanks for the chance!

• Options
    WalkerfanWalkerfan Posts: 8,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 19, 2023 1:33AM

Not mine but a decent example that I’d like to own. Congrats!!

“I may not believe in myself but I believe in what I’m doing” ~Jimmy Page~

My Full Walker Registry Set (1916-1947)

https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/competitive-sets/16292/

• Options
    Coin_nut1977Coin_nut1977 Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not mine! Thanks for the chance! And Congrats!

• Options
    P0CKETCHANGEP0CKETCHANGE Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭✭✭

@gumby1234 said:
    A beautiful 20 cent pattern.
    I hope this counts.

20c patterns definitely count.

@Conshyboy said:
    Are foreign coins acceptable?

I’ll allow it! I’m not familiar with any non-US 20c, so cool to see.

@Kliao said:
    Congrats on the milestone. Still searching for a nice 20c to add to my collection so don't have one I own to post.
    Heres a pretty proof example from coinfacts.

This is a DREAM coin. The 1877 proof is a tough coin, and that one is a beauty.

Nothing is as expensive as free money.

• Options
    KurisuKurisu Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cool series...thanks for getting me to take a good look at some coins I know little about!

Congrats on the 2000 mark :smiley:

Image blatently stolen from PCGS...

Coins are Neato!

"If it's a penny for your thoughts and you put in your two cents worth, then someone...somewhere...is making a penny." - Steven Wright

• Options
    WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,378 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not mine. I borrowed it from our hosts.

Thanks for the chance.

Wayne

Kennedys are my quest...

• Options
    ms71ms71 Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 19, 2023 10:30AM

How about one that someone probably hoped to pass as a quarter. I found this one in change ~60 years ago.

Successful BST transactions: EagleEye, Christos, Proofmorgan,
    Coinlearner, Ahrensdad, Nolawyer, RG, coinlieutenant, Yorkshireman, lordmarcovan, Soldi, masscrew, JimTyler, Relaxn, jclovescoins

Now listen boy, I'm tryin' to teach you sumthin' . . . . that ain't an optical illusion, it only looks like an optical illusion.

My mind reader refuses to charge me....
  • Options
    CatbertCatbert Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭✭✭

This superb :D example is to be found on eBay:

Thanks for the shot at your give away. Generous of you!

"Got a flaming heart, can't get my fill"
  • Options
    Walkerguy21DWalkerguy21D Posts: 11,165 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congratulations on the post count and thanks for the generous opportunity.

This has been in my 7070 since the late 1980’s:

Successful BST transactions with 170 members. Recent: Tonedeaf, Shane6596, Piano1, Ikenefic, RG, PCGSPhoto, stman, Don'tTelltheWife, Boosibri, Ron1968, snowequities, VTchaser, jrt103, SurfinxHI, 78saen, bp777, FHC, RYK, JTHawaii, Opportunity, Kliao, bigtime36, skanderbeg, split37, thebigeng, acloco, Toninginthblood, OKCC, braddick, Coinflip, robcool, fastfreddie, tightbudget, DBSTrader2, nickelsciolist, relaxn, Eagle eye, soldi, silverman68, ElKevvo, sawyerjosh, Schmitz7, talkingwalnut2, konsole, sharkman987, sniocsu, comma, jesbroken, David1234, biosolar, Sullykerry, Moldnut, erwindoc, MichaelDixon, GotTheBug
  • Options
    U1chicagoU1chicago Posts: 5,661 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats!

Here is a nice one I found on Coin Facts:
    (MS 65)

• Options
    liefgoldliefgold Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not mine but love the color on this one!
    Thanks for the chance!

liefgold
  • Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 19, 2023 3:51PM

Congratulations on 2K! That is a sweet double dime, and very generous of you!

I used to have one in my 7070, but that was yesterday.

From the "used to be mine folder"

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,804 ✭✭✭✭✭

I found another 20¢ coin...this one from Singapore.

• Options
    Morgan13Morgan13 Posts: 919 ✭✭✭✭✭

Student of numismatics and collector of Morgan dollars
    Successful BST transactions with: Namvet Justindan Mattniss RWW olah_in_MA

• Options
    BigtreeBigtree Posts: 201 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not my coin, though I wish it were! Thanks for the very generous giveaway.

• Options
    JeffersonFrogJeffersonFrog Posts: 836 ✭✭✭✭✭

Happy 2000, cool giveaway. Unfortunately, not mine.

If we were all the same, the world would be an incredibly boring place.

Tommy

• Options
    cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,692 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the chance!

Many happy BST transactions
  • Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,107 ✭✭✭✭✭

No entry. Just wanted to commend you on your generous prize offering and congrats on your milestone. Best of luck to the entrants.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file