JWPJWP Posts: 17,788 ✭✭✭✭✭

USN & USAF retired 1971-1993
    Successful Transactions with more than 100 Members

• Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,294 ✭✭✭✭✭

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• Options
    FrazFraz Posts: 1,875 ✭✭✭✭✭

There was a time when you had to make your own bhangs. This is from 1969. It is the Isetta of bhangs.

• Options
    1northcoin1northcoin Posts: 3,839 ✭✭✭✭✭

@crazyhounddog said:
    My new car I’m very excited about. The 70th anniversary edition 2023 corvette. I’m living a dream😎

Now that is one up on the Bat Mobile!

• Options
    SoCalBigMarkSoCalBigMark Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭✭✭

I love Oahu, walked from Turtle Bay to Sunset Beach along the shore. It was amazing.

• Options

• Options

• Options

• Options

• Options

• Options
    goldengolden Posts: 9,072 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JWP said:

A man died in that barn. He ran himself to death looking for a corner to pee in.

• Options

• Options

@1northcoin said:

The Queen Emma Summer Palace, built in 1847, was occupied by the Royal Family from 1857 to the Queen's death in 1885. Queen Emma was married to King Kamehameha IV and they had a son Prince Albert Edward.

This site has been described as, "A hidden gem among the historical sites of Oahu." When we visited it was still under COVID restrictions with only a few persons allowed at one time and advance reservations required. In person guides also remained unavailable to accompany visitors.

Its grounds once encompassed 65 acres in Oahu's Nu'uanu Valley but today they are 2 acres. In the early 1900s the Palace had fallen into disrepair and was about to be replaced by a baseball field. The Daughters of Hawaii stepped in to make possible its preservation and restoration. They opened it to the public as a museum in 1917. To date they continue to maintain the Queen Emma Summer Palace.

Queen Emma's portrait is prominently displayed:

Childhood belongings of the young Prince Edward whose short but happy life was spent here during the summers. Included in the below pictured items is the red uniform of Honolulu's Fire Engine Company Number Four that he proudly received when he was made an honorary member when it became known he wanted to be a fireman.

Born in 1858 the Crown Prince died in 1862 at the age of four. At the time it was believed he had contracted meningitis, but doctors today believe his symptoms were more likely those of appendicitis. His death led to the construction of the Royal Mausoleum and his name lives on in Kaua'i where Princeville was named after him after a visit there.

When he was seriously ill Queen Emma requested of her close Royal friend, Queen Victoria of England, assistance in having the Prince baptized. Queen Victoria agreed to be the Godmother and she sent a three foot high Christening Cup which can be seen displayed in a locked cabinet at the Summer Palace.

Subsequent to the above posting I have located additional photos I took relating specifically to the mentioned Royal Mausoleum that was initially built for the four year-old Prince as well as of Hanalei Bay Beach on the north shore of Kauai which can be seen from the Princeville location that was named after Prince Albert Edward, the son of Queen Emma andKing Kamehameha IV. Some may recognize the beach as one of the locations in the film, "The Descendants" as reportedly this was the beach where Matt meets Brian Speer's wife Julie when she does not know who Matt is.

• Options

• Options

• Options

• Options
    silverpopsilverpop Posts: 6,599 ✭✭✭✭✭

a ungraded 2008 Malaysia 50 sen

Coins for sale at link below
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/TyJbuBJf37WZ2KT19

• Options

• Options

• Options

• Options

• Options

• Options

@1northcoin said:

@1northcoin said:

The Queen Emma Summer Palace, built in 1847, was occupied by the Royal Family from 1857 to the Queen's death in 1885. Queen Emma was married to King Kamehameha IV and they had a son Prince Albert Edward.

This site has been described as, "A hidden gem among the historical sites of Oahu." When we visited it was still under COVID restrictions with only a few persons allowed at one time and advance reservations required. In person guides also remained unavailable to accompany visitors.

Its grounds once encompassed 65 acres in Oahu's Nu'uanu Valley but today they are 2 acres. In the early 1900s the Palace had fallen into disrepair and was about to be replaced by a baseball field. The Daughters of Hawaii stepped in to make possible its preservation and restoration. They opened it to the public as a museum in 1917. To date they continue to maintain the Queen Emma Summer Palace.

Queen Emma's portrait is prominently displayed:

Childhood belongings of the young Prince Edward whose short but happy life was spent here during the summers. Included in the below pictured items is the red uniform of Honolulu's Fire Engine Company Number Four that he proudly received when he was made an honorary member when it became known he wanted to be a fireman.

Born in 1858 the Crown Prince died in 1862 at the age of four. At the time it was believed he had contracted meningitis, but doctors today believe his symptoms were more likely those of appendicitis. His death led to the construction of the Royal Mausoleum and his name lives on in Kaua'i where Princeville was named after him after a visit there.

When he was seriously ill Queen Emma requested of her close Royal friend, Queen Victoria of England, assistance in having the Prince baptized. Queen Victoria agreed to be the Godmother and she sent a three foot high Christening Cup which can be seen displayed in a locked cabinet at the Summer Palace.

Subsequent to the above posting I have located additional photos I took relating specifically to the mentioned Royal Mausoleum that was initially built for the four year-old Prince as well as of Hanalei Bay Beach on the north shore of Kauai which can be seen from the Princeville location that was named after Prince Albert Edward, the son of Queen Emma andKing Kamehameha IV. Some may recognize the beach as one of the locations in the film, "The Descendants" as reportedly this was the beach where Matt meets Brian Speer's wife Julie when she does not know who Matt is.

I would be remiss if I didn't add this photo of Kauai's Napali Coast situated just a bit further north of Princeville.

I took the photo from the ship:

• Options
    edited October 8, 2023 11:49PM

@Moldnut said:

Wow, that almost looks like the same trail we went "Jeeping" on in the mountains above Carson City earlier this year.

• Options
    TiborTibor Posts: 3,262 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 8, 2023 11:40PM

@JWP said:

If you get a chance go to You Tube and watch his induction
    speech into the Baseball HoF. A true treasure.
    Bob Ueker.

• Options
    SoCalBigMarkSoCalBigMark Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options

• Options

• Options
    WillieBoyd2WillieBoyd2 Posts: 5,039 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 9, 2023 8:04AM

Missed one, didn't we?

:)

https://www.brianrxm.com
    The Mysterious Egyptian Magic Coin
    Coins in Movies
    Coins on Television

• Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,695 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JWP said:

Some excellent actors there!

• Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,342 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file