Home Sports Talk
Options

The NFL season is here. Dueces running totals.

2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,304 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks to a good 2022 and an unbelievable Triple Crown performance Dueces bankroll started the season at 5000. I went over board with futures (2200) so to keep the math easy let’s start at 3000.
Detroit +7 for 25
Baltimore-10 for 100
Washington-6.5 for 50
Philly -3.5 for 50
Buffalo-2.5 for 25

W.C.Fields
"I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.

Comments

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,299 ✭✭✭✭✭

And we are off. From Thursday to next February all is right with the world. Good luck to all.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,791 ✭✭✭✭✭

Awesome, I'm down 70 bucks after College so far

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

There is something often mentioned down here in Cowboys land...no team has repeated as NFC East Champs in....I forget the years now, maybe 20...

Do the Cowboys win the division this year? Or does Philadelphia break this two decade streak?

• Options
    edited September 7, 2023 12:20AM

I think it's been 19 years since a team repeated as a Super Bowl champ. Edited. Had wrong year 19 not 14

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    edited September 7, 2023 3:37AM

@thisistheshow said:
    There is something often mentioned down here in Cowboys land...no team has repeated as NFC East Champs in....I forget the years now, maybe 20...

Do the Cowboys win the division this year? Or does Philadelphia break this two decade streak?

I don't think Philly will be as good as last year but I simply cannot say Dallas will win the division, they will find a way to lose

• Options

@perkdog said:

@thisistheshow said:

I don't think Philly will be as good as last year but I simply cannot say Dallas will win the division, they will find a way to lose

I didn’t believe in them all year. Weak schedule and not enough film on Hurts. But they proved me wrong. Would have liked to see them play a healthy 49ers team but s$ happened. Let’s see them playing one tough game after another.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options

There are 5 home dogs opening week
    Pittsburgh +2.5
    Cleveland +2
    Indy +4.5
    New England +4
    Giants +4

Home dogs opening weekend typically do very well. Last year 3-2 was not as productive. These lines a quite close but a small wager on all 5 might produce a profit.

W.C.Fields
  • Options

Heavy rain predicted on the east coast during today’s games. Defense is usually ahead of the offense and week 1 games tend to go under.
    Baltimore under 43.5 for 25
    Washington under 39 for 25

W.C.Fields
  • Options
    4for44for4 Posts: 675 ✭✭✭
    edited September 10, 2023 6:32AM

@2dueces said:
    Pittsburgh +2.5
    Cleveland +2
    Indy +4.5
    New England +4
    Giants +4

Home dogs opening weekend typically do very well. Last year 3-2 was not as productive. These lines a quite close but a small wager on all 5 might produce a profit.

This is nothing intelligent but QB play will be huge in Pittsburgh today.
    I would not bet this game. It’s too close to call. I don’t bet anyway. 😂
    Good luck to the rest of you !

Forum members on ignore
    Erba - coolstanley-dallasactuary-SDsportsfan
    daltex

• Options

@4for4 said:

@2dueces said:
    Pittsburgh +2.5
    Cleveland +2
    Indy +4.5
    New England +4
    Giants +4

This is nothing intelligent but QB play will be huge in Pittsburgh today.
    I would not bet this game. It’s too close to call. I don’t bet anyway. 😂
    Good luck to the rest of you !

I didn’t bet the dogs. My wagers were above it.

W.C.Fields
  • Options

+175 for Thursday and Sunday with a small wager on Buffalo pending tomorrow

W.C.Fields
  • Options
    edited September 10, 2023 7:00PM

Up around 175-200 for the weekend and I'm just going to.enjoy a stress free Bills vs Jets game tomorrow

No.more action until Saturday

I sweated out the under in the Pats game

• Options
    edited September 11, 2023 4:49AM

@perkdog said:
    Up around 175-200 for the weekend and I'm just going to.enjoy a stress free Bills vs Jets game tomorrow

No.more action until Saturday

I sweated out the under in the Pats game

Awesome weekend. Good start to the season. I thought the rain would affect the unders on the East coast. My only mistake was betting one bad team against another bad team. (Washington)

W.C.Fields
  • Options

@thisistheshow said:

If yesterday is any indicator yes. Philly looked quite average after a brutal start by the Patriots and the Giants, well damn!

W.C.Fields
  • Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good start deuces and perk!
    I had a good Sunday my only loss was Vikings -5.5
    They didn’t even win let alone cover 😩

Stupid list…. Mistlin

• Options

+150
    Nothing really jumps out at me. Some very low lines this week mean’s back door covers and upsets. Let’s start here
    Tampa Bay-3 for 100
    Tennessee +3 for 25
    Denver-3 for 50

W.C.Fields
  • Options

@2dueces said:
    +150
    Nothing really jumps out at me. Some very low lines this week mean’s back door covers and upsets. Let’s start here
    Tampa Bay-3 for 100
    Tennessee +3 for 25
    Denver-3 for 50

Looking great so far Joe

• Options

Looks like another + week. No idea why I still believe in Denver when I trashed Wilson last year.
    +225 for the season

W.C.Fields
  • Options

I bet the moneyline on Denver but just a very small wager. I won $380 at ult. Tx hold ‘em and wasn’t about to lose it all at the sports book. Won on chiefs ml and royals ml Saturday night game. Only bet the royals because their best starter was pitching last night. Turned into a slugfest that kc won.😳

Stupid list…. Mistlin

• Options

Man I so want to buy into the Browns hype but I just can’t. I’ve been burned by Cleveland so many time. I can’t waste good money on them

W.C.Fields
  • Options

Glad I didn’t. Just can’t trust them. Ever!!
    I’m seeing a few interesting lines this week. Two that pop immediately
    Detroit-3
    New England-3
    New England might be the best bet so far this season. I can’t see BB allowing more than 10 points. He’ll harass and confuse Zach Wilson until Sam Darnolds ghosts reappear. O/U is 36.5. I think the Patriots and under is a gift.

W.C.Fields
  • Options
    edited September 24, 2023 8:32AM

Detroit: With St. John questionable with turf toe I’m probably going to pass on them this week.
    With the storm on the East Coast I’m sure it will affect the 3 1:00 games.
    The Jets-Patriots seems to be the most affected with Washington and Baltimore seeing a 60-70% chance all game long.
    I’m not entering these until I’m sure the weather holds at 12:30ish and I’m taking a big swing. +3225.00
    New England-2.5 for 100
    New England under 36.5 for 100
    Buffalo under 43.5 for 50
    Baltimore under 43.5 for 50

Looks like Baltimore and Washington won’t be as bad as predicted so I’m not playing those.
    Here’s the slate for today

New England-2.5 for 100
    New England under 36.5 for 100
    Seattle-3 for 50

W.C.Fields
  • Options

I thini the Pats get their first win today in a sloppy low scoring affair so I like that

I need Buffalo to ein so hopefully the get it and it goes under for you

• Options

Wow. Swept the Sunday slate. I hope you gamblers like the free picks I gave you today. No need to pay for a service. 😂😂

W.C.Fields
  • Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,374 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 24, 2023 5:03PM

@2dueces said:

Wow. Swept the Sunday slate. I hope you gamblers like the free picks I gave you today. No need to pay for a service. 😂😂

and you drilled the ones you backed out on

exceptional!

• Options

@2dueces said:

Last Saturday when kc was 0-1 I could have gotten -130 for them to win the division. I liked the odds but thought no. So yesterday they were 1-1 and were -260 to win afc west. I thought well I blew that one and put a big bet on a 3 team moneyline parlay. Kc, bills, cowboys. Was at -127 and thought it was fairly safe. Bills and chiefs no problem but damn I forgot what a crappy franchise the team in Dallas is.

I need to follow your picks 😪😪😪

Stupid list…. Mistlin

• Options

+475
    3 winning weeks in a row.
    Early looks
    Tampa Bay +3 vs a Saint’s team -Carr starting Jameis Winston
    New England +7
    Kansas City -9.5

I’m thinking betting against the Jets and the under until I lose. Their defense is real but can they score. Even if the Chiefs only score 24 it should be enough to cover and be under

W.C.Fields
  • Options
    edited September 27, 2023 3:27PM

@2dueces said:
    +475
    Early looks
    New England +7
    Kansas City -9.5

I’m thinking betting against the Jets and the under until I lose. Their defense is real but can they score. Even if the Chiefs only score 24 it should be enough to cover and be under

I been 1 game away each week from winning a few hundred but only end up.with $20 in the green

I took the Rams ML for a 100 the other night and lost so I'm down roughly $40 for the young season

• Options

@perkdog said:

@2dueces said:
    +475
    Early looks
    New England +7
    Kansas City -9.5

I been 1 game away each week from winning a few hundred but only end up.with $20 in the green

I took the Rams ML for a 100 the other night and lost so I'm down roughly $40 for the young season

The beauty of the NFL? There’s more chances again this week!

W.C.Fields
  • Options

Only because I’m watching the whole game tonight to make it interesting
    Detroit-2.5 for 25

W.C.Fields
  • Options

+500
    Buffalo-2.5 for 100
    I’m leaving Tampa Bay alone. I almost forgot my golden rule. Never bet Atlanta or Tampa Bay.
    Still like
    New England +7 for 50
    Kansas City-8.5 for 50
    Kansas City under 41.5 for 50

W.C.Fields
  • Options

+450
    A losing week albeit buffalo let me save face.

W.C.Fields
  • Options

@2dueces said:
    +450
    A losing week albeit buffalo let me save face.

My buddy put $700 on Buffalo ML

• Options
    edited October 5, 2023 9:55AM

+450
    Ride them while they’re hot even though the Jaguars have always played the Bills tough

Buffalo -5.5 for 50

RAVENS DEFENSE: OVERALL (3), RUSH (7), PASS (3), SCORING (3).

STEELERS OFFENSE: OVERALL (29), RUSH (29), PASS (25), SCORING (25).

Those stats are all I need to see. Only thing bothering me is if Pickett can’t go (expected to play) Rudolph or Trubisky plays and sparks a dismal offense. Still early I’m taking
    Baltimore -4 for 100

W.C.Fields
  • Options

@2dueces said:
    +450
    Ride them while they’re hot even though the Jaguars have always played the Bills tough

Buffalo -5.5 for 50

RAVENS DEFENSE: OVERALL (3), RUSH (7), PASS (3), SCORING (3).

STEELERS OFFENSE: OVERALL (29), RUSH (29), PASS (25), SCORING (25).

Those stats are all I need to see. Only thing bothering me is if Pickett can’t go (expected to play) Rudolph or Trubisky plays and sparks a dismal offense. Still early I’m taking
    Baltimore -4 for 100

I can't see any reasonable explanation to take the Steelers over Baltimore

Bills in London could be tough IDK

• Options

The sharps can’t make this line high enough. I think Miami pours it on early and often.
    Buffalo-5.5 for 50
    Baltimore-4 for 50
    Miami -12 (😳) for 50

W.C.Fields
  • Options

+400
    Two losing weeks in a row. Gonna sweep this weekend

New Orleans -1.5 for 50
    Raiders -3 for 100
    Rams -7 for 25
    Bills -14 for 25

W.C.Fields
  • Options

I’m watching this game and it’s a no no just to bet to make it interesting but
    Titans +6 for 25
    Under 43 for 25

W.C.Fields
  • Options

Going to add to my wagers
    Raiders-3 for 50 more
    Bills -14 for 25 more

W.C.Fields
  • Options

+75
    +475
    A winning week is a winning week

W.C.Fields
  • Options

i love it when a friend of mine is the recipient of a quasi-miracle cover

i went from feeling really gross to jubilant for you in the span of one play yesterday

• Options

@galaxy27 said:
    i love it when a friend of mine is the recipient of a quasi-miracle cover

i went from feeling really gross to jubilant for you in the span of one play yesterday

I’ve experienced enough bad beats to have a few go my way. Not often but I’ll take it.

W.C.Fields
  • Options

@2dueces said:

I’ve experienced enough bad beats to have a few go my way. Not often but I’ll take it.

absolutely

keep it rolling

• Options

@galaxy27 said:

@2dueces said:

absolutely

keep it rolling

I did some rolling yesterday as well. All down hill. :( Not one cash out.

• Options

+475
    Saints defense is very good and with Lawrence hobbled I like the under tonight
    Saints under 41 for 25

W.C.Fields
  • Options
    edited October 20, 2023 11:37AM

Yeah that sucked. Lawrence hobbled his way to his highest rushing total of the year. Lol I shouldn’t bet just because I’m watching.
    +450
    New England is 0-16 ATS as an underdog. Mac 0-12
    Bills -8.5 for 100

Bucs-2.5 for 50
    Lions +3 for 50

Chiefs haven’t lost in forever to a team with a losing record.
    Chiefs-5.5 for 100

W.C.Fields
  • Options

@2dueces said:
    Yeah that sucked. Lawrence hobbled his way to his highest rushing total of the year. Lol I shouldn’t bet just because I’m watching.
    +450
    New England is 0-16 ATS as an underdog. Mac 0-12
    Bills -8.5 for 100

Bucs-2.5 for 50
    Lions +3 for 50

Chiefs haven’t lost in forever to a team with a losing record.
    Chiefs-5.5 for 100

Good luck 2deuces, I hope Mecole Hardman gives the Chiefs a little spark. He might be returning kickoffs and punts since they released the player who was doing it to make room for Hardman on the roster.
    Chiefs also get a defensive lineman back who was suspended for the first six games. Charles Omenihu who used to play for SF.
    Hope you sweep your bets!

Stupid list…. Mistlin

• Options

+350
    Let’s slow the roll a minute until I get back on track.

Houston-3.5 for 25
    Indy +3 for 25
    Giants +3 for 25
    Rams +7 for 50

W.C.Fields
  • Options
      Laid an egg last week going 0-3-1. Ugh
      Maybe we get back on track.

Patriots-3.5 for 25

Something about firing a coach fires up a team.
    Raiders -2.5 for 50

Huge Bills fan so I hope I’m wrong but gotta bet with my bank roll and not my heart
    Bengals-2.5 for 100

W.C.Fields
  • Options
    edited November 11, 2023 12:05PM

Why do I keep thinking the Patriots are going to snap out of it ? Regardless a winning week. Bunch of games I like but I’m settling on a few smaller bets.
    +375
    Cincinnati-6.5 for 25
    Pittsburgh-3 for 25

W.C.Fields