Home Sports Talk
Options

The NFL season is here. Dueces running totals.

Comments

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,304 ✭✭✭✭✭

Kissed my sister today but I got a sneaky hunch.
    Jets defensive touchdown anytime +700 for 50

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options

I was right that the only TD the Jets would score would be on defense but it didn’t happen.
    Team only meeting earlier in the week in the Bills locker room. They know this is a must win tonight. I’m not discounting that the Bills are at home, fired up and have 3 winnable games ahead. I’m all in tonight at -7.

Bills -7 for 100

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,800 ✭✭✭✭✭

@2dueces said:
    I was right that the only TD the Jets would score would be on defense but it didn’t happen.
    Team only meeting earlier in the week in the Bills locker room. They know this is a must win tonight. I’m not discounting that the Bills are at home, fired up and have 3 winnable games ahead. I’m all in tonight at -7.

Bills -7 for 100

I can't see the Bills losing but Monday nights matchup might be a made for TV special 27 21 Bills W

• Options

All that talent gone to waste. I’m just disgusted and disappointed. Oh well, still gotta get up and work so back to work. I’m off tomorrow so I’m watching the whole game tonight, (if it stays competitive)
    After the Bengals showing last week how could I possibly think they’d March into Baltimore and come out with a win? Like the Bills they look off and the defense is not very good.
    +225
    Baltimore -3 for 75

W.C.Fields
  • Options

+300
    The fishiest line today is the Rams favored over Seattle?? They’re just begging you to take the Seahawks so
    Rams -2 for 100

Houston-4.5 for 25
    Pittsburgh +3 for 25

W.C.Fields
  • Options

@2dueces said:
    +300
    The fishiest line today is the Rams favored over Seattle?? They’re just begging you to take the Seahawks so
    Rams -2 for 100

Houston-4.5 for 25
    Pittsburgh +3 for 25

Stafford is coming back I think

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,301 ✭✭✭✭✭

@2dueces said:
    +300
    Rams -2 for 100

Houston-4.5 for 25
    Pittsburgh +3 for 25

Mystery to me why Cleveland is favored despite being at home. Their QB is out. And Pittsburg plays good defense.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options

Boy did I get the double whammy. I bet the Rams and lose and picked the Seahawks in the pick ‘em by mistake. Doh

W.C.Fields
  • Options

@2dueces said:
    Boy did I get the double whammy. I bet the Rams and lose and picked the Seahawks in the pick ‘em by mistake. Doh

It didn't help.that the Rams didn't really decide to play until the 2nd half, Cupp dropping that TD on the free play was not helpful either

• Options

@perkdog said:

@2dueces said:

It didn't help.that the Rams didn't really decide to play until the 2nd half, Cupp dropping that TD on the free play was not helpful either

That’s was a $210 drop

W.C.Fields
  • Options

@2dueces said:

@perkdog said:

@2dueces said:

That’s was a $210 drop

We have all had them, sometimes they come in the form of a phantom penalty 🤬

• Options

@BLUEJAYWAY said:

@2dueces said:
    +300
    Rams -2 for 100

Houston-4.5 for 25
    Pittsburgh +3 for 25

Mystery to me why Cleveland is favored despite being at home. Their QB is out. And Pittsburg plays good defense.

Pittsburgh Offense is pathetic, the only reason they have a wining record is their Defense, we all knew that Cleveland game was going to be a low scoring slugfest, Cleveland has the better D and did just enough to win on Offense.

I think that spread was correct and if it was in Pittsburgh I'd say it would have been a pick em

• Options

+225
    And as of Thursday I don’t see anything that pops out. I’m so tempted to take Buffalo and the points as I feel every game for them is a playoff game now. If they have really got their sh$t together they can beat anyone

W.C.Fields
  • Options

Geno Smith is active but Walker is not for the Seahawks. Geno nursing a sore elbow against the 49ers without Walker is a bad omen.
    49ers -6.5 for 100

W.C.Fields
  • Options

+325
    Probably the most ridiculous bet, well not that bad but
    Jets +9.5 for 25.
    I just want to root for the Jets and make it interesting for at least the first quarter. Lol

W.C.Fields
  • Options

@2dueces said:
    +325
    Probably the most ridiculous bet, well not that bad but
    Jets +9.5 for 25.
    I just want to root for the Jets and make it interesting for at least the first quarter. Lol

It wouldn't shock me if it was a close game, Miami wins though

Miami 20
    Jets 13

• Options

@2dueces said:
    Kissed my sister today but I got a sneaky hunch.
    Jets defensive touchdown anytime +700 for 50

Two weeks earlier for this bet

W.C.Fields
  • Options

How about a tiny bet on college?
    Michigan-3 for 25

W.C.Fields
  • Options

@2dueces said:
    How about a tiny bet on college?
    Michigan-3 for 25

Nice little hit

• Options

Back to +325
    Since I have some money on Jacksonville winning the division. (How about those Texan!! Definitely the surprise of 2023.)
    I’m laying a few dollars on the Jags this morning.
    Jacksonville ( I got them as a pickem) for 50

Ok so I admit I’m a homer and blindly optimistic. Every game for Buffalo from here on out is a playoff game.

Buffalo + 3.5 for 50

Something fishy about this line.
    Baltimore favored by 3? Shouldn’t it be 5 or 6?
    Baltimore-3 for 50

W.C.Fields
  • Options

Crushing loss but overall what counts is green.
    +475

W.C.Fields
  • Options

@2dueces said:
    Crushing loss but overall what counts is green.
    +475

I won green with the Pats losing so I'm with ya Joe!

The Bills and Pats just don't care about us

• Options

+475
    Cowboys averaging 35 points at home this season and are on a 13 game home win streak. They’ve won each game by 20+ points. Catch us every game is against teams with losing records. Playing a second place schedule has its perks and disadvantages. Weak competition doesn’t prepare you for the playoffs where every week is against a winning record.
    They might win, they might cover but I’m going against the odds and taking the under.
    Under 47.5 for 25

W.C.Fields
  • Options

@2dueces said:
    +475
    Cowboys averaging 35 points at home this season and are on a 13 game home win streak. They’ve won each game by 20+ points. Catch us every game is against teams with losing records. Playing a second place schedule has its perks and disadvantages. Weak competition doesn’t prepare you for the playoffs where every week is against a winning record.
    They might win, they might cover but I’m going against the odds and taking the under.
    Under 47.5 for 25

Did I say under 47.5 first half? Lol

W.C.Fields
  • Options
    edited December 3, 2023 10:43AM

+450
    Not seeing a ton that jumps out on me but I definitely like
    Detroit-4 for 100
    Tennessee +2 for 25 <- because I need something to hold my interest

W.C.Fields
  • Options

+525
    Steelers under 30.5 for 25

W.C.Fields
  • Options

+500
    I’m taking a huge gamble thinking the Rams will keep this game close. I think they can score.
    Buffalo has beaten KC at KC the last two years in the regular season. This is the 5th game in a row, 3rd season in a row in KC. How’s that happen?
    Hate the Cowboys, never bet them but I think Philly is vulnerable. Don’t ask why.
    I really like Cincinnati and Houston but refuse to root for them. But I need the Colts to lose so Jacksonville wins the division for my futures. Oh the torture
    Rams +7 for 25
    Bills +1 for 25
    Cowboys -3 for 25

W.C.Fields
  • Options

+575
    Clean sweep for week 14. Nice!!
    Let’s try a few on Saturday.
    Might as well ride the hot hand although I’ll be rooting against both teams
    Cincinnati -3 for 25
    Denver +5 for 25

W.C.Fields
  • Options

I hate spouting stats as usually they are useless or my bet makes them useless. As always there’s a but.
    Minnesota has been under 10 of their 13 games this season and starting their 3rd string QB against the Bengals 2nd string QB. I mean, what could go wrong?? Lmao
    Bengals under 39.5 for 25

W.C.Fields
  • Options
    countdouglascountdouglas Posts: 2,303 ✭✭✭✭✭

@2dueces said:
    I hate spouting stats as usually they are useless or my bet makes them useless. As always there’s a but.
    Minnesota has been under 10 of their 13 games this season and starting their 3rd string QB against the Bengals 2nd string QB. I mean, what could go wrong?? Lmao

Hmmmm, sounds familiar...🤔

• Options

Actually just put it in at under 41.5. I guess @countdougIas enough people agree with you. Remember I put an under bet earlier and the Cowboys covered by half time. Ugh

W.C.Fields
  • Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,301 ✭✭✭✭✭

@countdouglas said:

@2dueces said:

Hmmmm, sounds familiar...🤔

I had the over in that game. I was hoping for over 34.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options

I’m not mad about losing the under, or even the Broncos. I’m more pissed pushing the Cincinnati game where the Vikings snatched defeat from the jaws of victory. A 7-7 Bengals team would have been beneficial to the Bills.
    Jets +9.5 for 25
    Bills -2 for 25

W.C.Fields
  • Options

+525
    Buffalo-12 for 25

How do you bet the jets and patriots? I’m seriously considering it

W.C.Fields
  • Options

I can't see the Pats beating Denver on the road,

Cleveland vs Jets? Honestly I can't see Cleveland losing that game either

• Options

@perkdog said:

Jets vs commanders.
    Patriots +7.5. I’m thinking a late back door

W.C.Fields
  • Options

@2dueces said:

@perkdog said:

Jets vs commanders.
    Patriots +7.5. I’m thinking a late back door

Commanders.

My bad, yes I like the Jets in that case

You might be right about the Pats cover it just depends on which Denver team hits the field

• Options

+500
    Jets -3 for 25
    Bears -4 for 25
    Patriots +7 for 25

W.C.Fields
  • Options

@2dueces said:
    +500
    Jets -3 for 25
    Bears -4 for 25
    Patriots +7 for 25

I would have bought the hook at 7.5 for Pats Joe

• Options

27-7 lead in the 4th. Typical Jets. And yeah I was dumb enough to think they were something.

W.C.Fields
  • Options
    edited December 29, 2023 7:13AM

Ahh the NY Jets darn
    But a winning week is a winning week
    Back to +$525

Some of these maybe wishful thinking
    I need Jacksonville and Minnesota to win for my futures. I need Baltimore to win for the Bills
    Baltimore-3.5 for 25
    Jacksonville-6 for 25
    Minnesota-1 for 25

W.C.Fields
  • Options

Ahh the NY Jets darn
    But a winning week is a winning week
    Back to +$525

Some of these maybe wishful thinking
    I need Jacksonville and Minnesota to win for my futures. I need Baltimore to win for the Bills
    Baltimore-3.5 for 25
    Jacksonville-6 for 25
    Minnesota-1 for 25

W.C.Fields
  • Options
    edited December 31, 2023 6:53AM

I’ve never wagered a money line but;
    The script is set. Ravens win, Bills win setting up the biggest game of the year next week.
    Dolphins-Bills AFC east title, #2 seed.
    Huge viewing audience, Huge TV rating. Huge commercial money. Mega gambling money. Talking heads all week long previewing this game with NFL fans tuning in. NFL in 7th heaven.
    There is no way this plays out any differently.
    Baltimore money line -145 for 145 to win 100

W.C.Fields
  • Options

Just curious why you didn't tie the Buffalo moneyline in with the Baltimore moneyline on a 2 leg parlay? Your odds would have been approximately -135 or -130 for your scenario playing out.

• Options

@countdouglas said:
    Just curious why you didn't tie the Buffalo moneyline in with the Baltimore moneyline on a 2 leg parlay? Your odds would have been approximately -135 or -130 for your scenario playing out.

Good thoughts. I’ve never played a money line before so I really don’t know the ins and outs. I try to stay in the box of my knowledge but I wish I would’ve known this.

W.C.Fields
  • Options

@2dueces said:

@countdouglas said:

Good thoughts. I’ve never played a money line before so I really don’t know the ins and outs. I try to stay in the box of my knowledge but I wish I would’ve known this.

Fair enough. I have Buffalo to win in every moneyline parlay that I have going this weekend. While adding more games does add more risk, it also bumps the payouts or reduces the amount needed to wager for the same payout. I feel like the Bills winning today is about as sure as sure gets in NFL-speak, so I'm not too worried about that game. 🤞

Good luck!

• Options

@countdouglas said:

@2dueces said:

@countdouglas said:

Fair enough. I have Buffalo to win in every moneyline parlay that I have going this weekend. While adding more games does add more risk, it also bumps the payouts or reduces the amount needed to wager for the same payout. I feel like the Bills winning today is about as sure as sure gets in NFL-speak, so I'm not too worried about that game. 🤞

Good luck!

You too!!

W.C.Fields
  • Options

+650
    If I would have known O’Connell was going to start Hall I never would’ve bet Minnesota. Probably wouldn’t have made a difference.
    Going into week 18 with a + total is always nice.

W.C.Fields
  • Options

Too early to even think of picks. Waiting to see who’s resting and who’s running for the bus.

W.C.Fields
  • Options

+650
    Baltimore +3 for 50
    Houston-1 for 25

W.C.Fields