I also found a 12-S along with a bunch of other V nickels

• Options
    EliteCollectionEliteCollection Posts: 150 ✭✭✭✭

Now try to get it CAC stickered! :D

• Options
    mikee999mikee999 Posts: 587 ✭✭✭✭

@EliteCollection said:
    Now try to get it CAC stickered! :D

both were sold years ago prior to cac’s existence.

• Options
    OAKSTAROAKSTAR Posts: 6,058 ✭✭✭✭✭

@mikee999 said:
    I made a PO01 coin

How did you make it?

Disclaimer: I'm not a dealer, trader, grader, investor or professional numismatist. I'm just a hobbyist. (To protect me but mostly you! 🤣 )

• Options

@OAKSTAR said:

@mikee999 said:
    I made a PO01 coin

How did you make it?

I gave it to a PCGS coin dealer who then sent it to PCGS.

• Options

@mikee999 said:

@OAKSTAR said:

@mikee999 said:
    I made a PO01 coin

How did you make it?

Would like to see better pictures, front and back.

Disclaimer: I'm not a dealer, trader, grader, investor or professional numismatist. I'm just a hobbyist. (To protect me but mostly you! 🤣 )

• Options

@OAKSTAR said:

@mikee999 said:

@OAKSTAR said:

@mikee999 said:
    I made a PO01 coin

How did you make it?

the coin was sold years ago & the only pic I saved in my iphone is posted above.

why the question & interest?

• Options
    braddickbraddick Posts: 23,248 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats.
    PO1 coins are tough to make with PCGS these days.

peacockcoins

• Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭✭

You made a nice one.

• Options
    percybpercyb Posts: 3,302 ✭✭✭

Congratulations.

"Poets are the unacknowledged legislators of the world." PBShelley
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

PO01 slabbed coins are scarce, and there is a sector of collecting that seek these coins. Cheers, RickO

• Options

@OAKSTAR said:

@mikee999 said:

@OAKSTAR said:

@mikee999 said:
    I made a PO01 coin

How did you make it?

I thought you made it in your garage. So PCGS made it into a PO1.

@mikee999 said:

@OAKSTAR said:

@mikee999 said:

@OAKSTAR said:

@mikee999 said:
    I made a PO01 coin

How did you make it?

the coin was sold years ago & the only pic I saved in my iphone is posted above.

If you would have provided this information in your original post, there would have been no need for these questions and interest.

why I don’t see that as a requirement for CU membership. imho a member can choose or not to choose to post any information, period; as long as it does not violate our host’s rules or guidelines.

• Options

@OAKSTAR said:

@mikee999 said:

@OAKSTAR said:

@mikee999 said:
    I made a PO01 coin

How did you make it?

@mikee999 said:

@OAKSTAR said:

@mikee999 said:

@OAKSTAR said:

@mikee999 said:
    I made a PO01 coin

How did you make it?

If you would have provided this information in your original post, there would have been no need for these questions and interest.

almost everyone here except yourself know what “made” means in this context.

• Options
    gonzergonzer Posts: 2,995 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very thin ice.

• Options

@OAKSTAR said:

@mikee999 said:

@OAKSTAR said:

@mikee999 said:

@OAKSTAR said:

@mikee999 said:
    I made a PO01 coin

How did you make it?

@mikee999 said:

@OAKSTAR said:

@mikee999 said:

@OAKSTAR said:

@mikee999 said:
    I made a PO01 coin

How did you make it?

as usual wrong again, been a visitor on this site for years; recently joined & became a member.

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,298 ✭✭✭✭✭

Why is everyone in attack mode?

• Options

@mikee999 said:

@OAKSTAR said:

@mikee999 said:

@OAKSTAR said:

@mikee999 said:

@OAKSTAR said:

@mikee999 said:
    I made a PO01 coin

How did you make it?

@mikee999 said:

@OAKSTAR said:

@mikee999 said:

@OAKSTAR said:

@mikee999 said:
    I made a PO01 coin

How did you make it?

as usual wrong again, been a visitor on this site for years; recently joined & became a member.

I can tell. Looks like you're catching up for lost time!

• Options
    edited August 1, 2023 1:56PM

Delete

• Options

Not to be a pest, but here are the stats:

mikee999 has averaged 6.6 posts per day since his membership.
    OAKSTAR has averaged 7.4 posts per day since his membership.

Let's not be too busy pointing a finger in mikee999's direction upon realizing when you do
    four fingers point back at you.

peacockcoins

• Options

@braddick said:

Let's not be too busy pointing a finger in mikee999's direction upon realizing when you do

Is it about the number of posts or the quality of the post?.. I guess it really doesn't matter.

• Options

Both of you have offered quality posts from what I've seen so far.
    Besides responding to some bickering, mikee999 has offered interesting and thoughtful threads/posts.
    Perhaps I've missed a few posts that would lead me to believe otherwise?

peacockcoins

• Options
    edited May 23, 2023 5:57PM

@jmlanzaf said:

I’m a Lakers fan, but Denver will be the 2023 champ

• Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,527 ✭✭✭✭✭

@braddick said:

It's actually three fingers pointing back at you unless your thumb is double jointed. ;)

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options

@PerryHall said:

@braddick said:

It's actually three fingers pointing back at you unless your thumb is double jointed. ;)

You got a "point" there! 😂 🤣

• Options
    Eighteen63Eighteen63 Posts: 125 ✭✭✭✭

@OAKSTAR said:

@braddick said:

Is it about the number of posts or the quality of the post?.. I guess it really doesn't matter.

Stats are often misleading, the difference between Oakstar & mikee is that Oak contributes to others posts in addition to creating content while 999 is 99% self-serving to his own content. One is a genuine forum member and the other behaves like a fiend.

On the contrary, Google is not your friend.

• Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,527 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Eighteen63 said:

Stats are often misleading, the difference between Oakstar & mikee is that Oak contributes to others posts in addition to creating content while 999 is 99% self-serving to his own content. One is a genuine forum member and the other behaves like a fiend.

Did you mean friend or fiend? Maybe it was a Freudian slip. :o

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    logger7logger7 Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭✭✭

Try getting a Shield nickel to grade as a P1, there are none as far as I know.

• Options
    winestevenwinesteven Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭✭✭

So this coin graded P01 is tied for the worst coin for this date? Is it good to have the worst coin? I thought that was bad? :D

Steve

A day without fine wine and working on your coin collection is like a day without sunshine!!!

My collecting “Pride & Joy” is my PCGS Registry Dansco 7070 Set:
    https://www.pcgs.com/setregistry/type-sets/design-type-sets/complete-dansco-7070-modified-type-set-1796-date/publishedset/213996
  • Options
    edited August 1, 2023 7:47AM

Deleted

• Options
    edited August 1, 2023 7:48AM

Deleted

• Options
    JWPJWP Posts: 18,279 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ricko said:
    PO01 slabbed coins are scarce, and there is a sector of collecting that seek these coins. Cheers, RickO

I really like this PO01, acquired it on BST. 🙂

USN & USAF retired 1971-1993
    Successful Transactions with more than 100 Members

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:

@JWP said:

@ricko said:

No date is a problem for a true lowball.

Agreed.
    I'd call it a cull instead.

peacockcoins

• Options
    NewEnglandRaritiesNewEnglandRarities Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 1, 2023 12:53PM

As a person who jumped this gun this weekend on posts, I have to agree, we as a forum are jumping on anything weird or seemingly wrong. The picture is so out of focus and seemingly silly that we “pounce”.

Truthfully, PO-1 coins are rare too get, and this is probably legit. But out of focus pictures and short commentary are suspect to the group based on what has been occurring over the past weeks. Certain people “rile us up” over the weekend, and Monday/Tuesday posts catch us with suspicious eyes!

New England Rarities...Dealer In Colonial Coinage and Americana
  • Options
    NewEnglandRaritiesNewEnglandRarities Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

@JWP said:

@ricko said:

That is why Poor-1 is such a difficult grade to get with the grading service that matters for value. Please correct me if I’m wrong, but unless a variety that is obvious, a no date I think is a problem for PC with getting the poor-1 grade. Is that the same for other grading services?

New England Rarities...Dealer In Colonial Coinage and Americana
  • Options
    coinbufcoinbuf Posts: 10,860 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

I think this is the most interesting comment on this thread. :D

My Lincoln Registry
    My Collection of Old Holders

Never a slave to one plastic brand will I ever be.
  • Options
    Aspie_RoccoAspie_Rocco Posts: 3,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

Coingratulations. It is a tough and rare grade, highly sought after by some.
    Are you working on a lowball set?

I know a collector dedicated to building a lowball everything set. He asked to do even trades of his higher graded material for my lower graded material and I gladly agreed. Lowball sets are a lot bigger challenge than many realize. It takes a lot of work to “make” a P01, buying raw and submitting or sending in crossovers. There is a very small to sometimes nonexistent supply of coins that low.

To borrow the word of the day… “Churlish” comments should be ignored regarding lowball coins.

I see it as a unique, fascinating, and contrarian collecting technique. I typically prefer G6-F15 for low grades but a few P1 have a special eye appeal.

• Options
    steve76020steve76020 Posts: 367 ✭✭✭

i have a 1921 peace dollar not much better maybe a 6 or 8

• Options
    gumby1234gumby1234 Posts: 5,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 1, 2023 5:48PM

@ricko said:

Rare for the reason that many people won't waste their time and money to try to get one certified. People can collect whatever grade coins they like and some coins look nice with wear. However paying huge premiums for the lowest graded coins seems silly to me. Decision PO1 or GEM for the same money? I choose GEM.

I have sandpaper in the garage if I want to make some PO1 coins I could sand em down most of the way then carry them in my pocket to wear off the sanding scratches.

Editted to fix an autocorrected word

Successful BST with ad4400, Kccoin, lablover, pointfivezero, koynekwest, jwitten, coin22lover, HalfDimeDude, erwindoc, jyzskowsi, COINS MAKE CENTS, AlanSki, BryceM

• Options

I'm thinking (and I might be wrong), submitting a coin for a straight graded PO-1 and getting it, would be like submitting a coin for a straight graded MS-70 and getting it. There's a market for straight graded PO-1's. Having the only PO-1 for a specific type or year, would be like a top pop just going in the opposite direction.

• Options
    Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,383 ✭✭✭✭✭

Try making a straight graded PCGS P01…you might be surprised how challenging it is.

Dave

Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • Options
    JWPJWP Posts: 18,279 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 1, 2023 7:28PM

This PO01 may be more appealing to some than the Peace Dollar ND POOR 1. Personally, I like both of them. :)

USN & USAF retired 1971-1993
    Successful Transactions with more than 100 Members

• Options
    gumby1234gumby1234 Posts: 5,448 ✭✭✭✭✭

@OAKSTAR said:
    I'm thinking (and I might be wrong), submitting a coin for a straight graded PO-1 and getting it, would be like submitting a coin for a straight graded MS-70 and getting it. There's a market for straight graded PO-1's. Having the only PO-1 for a specific type or year, would be like a top pop just going in the opposite direction.

Except if your coin makes FR2 then you paid more in slabbing fees than your coin is worth. If you miss on a 70 and get a 69 you probably still have something valuable.

Successful BST with ad4400, Kccoin, lablover, pointfivezero, koynekwest, jwitten, coin22lover, HalfDimeDude, erwindoc, jyzskowsi, COINS MAKE CENTS, AlanSki, BryceM

• Options

@gumby1234 said:

@OAKSTAR said:

Except if your coin makes FR2 then you paid more in slabbing fees than your coin is worth. If you miss on a 70 and get a 69 you probably still have something valuable.

Can't argue with that. In this case, I'd rather have the 69 then the FR2.

• Options
    ZoinsZoins Posts: 34,110 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 1, 2023 8:57PM

@jmlanzaf said:

@JWP said:

@ricko said:

Apparently it's a true low ball at ANACS. which straight graded this as a no date.

However, it no dates are not straight graded at PCGS.

• Options
    ZoinsZoins Posts: 34,110 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 1, 2023 8:40PM

@gumby1234 said:

@OAKSTAR said:

69s can still be valuable, especially if they are made of precious metals, but some 69s are worth less than raw.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file