Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

How 'bout those new June Pickups...

I should have something new arriving either Tues or Wed of next week... :)

Comments

• Options
    NGS428NGS428 Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭✭✭

Uh oh, now we have 2 June card posts.

:o

• Options
    GroceryRackPackGroceryRackPack Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭✭✭

@NGS428 said:

I just seen that now...

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

@NGS428 said:

I didn't see the other thread the way it was worded.

I'll combine the two into one thread.

Mike
  • Options

@redlegs said:
    I picked up this 1967 Buffalo Bisons team photo with a young Johnny Bench on the far right. I owned one of these years ago but sold it for a price I couldn't refuse. I never thought I would find another especially for only $15.

hey redlegs,
    your photo is Outstanding... :)

• Options

@rmh111985 said:
    Venturing back into graded HOF rookies since 1980. A few arrivals from the last couple days.

hey rmh111985,
    Pretty cool Unscratched... :)

• Options

@mintonlypls said:
    With PSA-9s selling for nearly $40,000...I am happy to pick up this card for four (4) figures:

I had this card in a nice PSA-8 and am sorry to have sold it...so pleased to add it to my collection again.

hey mintonlypls,

Oh Yeah... :)

• Options
    brad31brad31 Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭✭✭

Loving the Grimm and Mays.

• Options
    lwehlerslwehlers Posts: 868 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Kid4hof03 said:
    A few pickups, been nostalgic lately picking up 80's gold.

great cards! i thought jackson was signed as free agent when he went to the angels.

• Options
    daltexdaltex Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭✭✭

@lwehlers said:

great cards! i thought jackson was signed as free agent when he went to the angels.

I wouldn't attempt accurate baseball history from a card company. Baseball Reference says he signed on 22 (not 26) January.

• Options
    Kid4hof03Kid4hof03 Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭✭✭

@lwehlers said:

Reggie was signed as a free agent. OPC got it wrong, I haven't looked but I have a feeling that they might have just used "traded" for every player that changed teams.

Collecting anything and everything relating to Roger Staubach
  • Options

@Chicago1976 said:
    Unexpected antique store find. It's beat up, but a nice find. My first Yogi.

By the way, has anyone seen his documentary "It Ain't Over"? I plan on seeing when it shows up here.

hey Chicago1976,
    Awesome find... :)

• Options
    Chicago1976Chicago1976 Posts: 462 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice pick up...are you going to open...or leave it sealed?

• Options

@Chicago1976 said:

Nice pick up...are you going to open...or leave it sealed?

hey Chicago1976,
    Thank you... :)
    I do not open my Blaster's; I just keep 'em on my shelf and let them be all nice & pretty...and yes I do shift them around from time to time to avoid sunlight and other exposures... B)

• Options

@mintonlypls said:
    This card arrived today (6/7). The card exceeded my expectations as far as how well preserved it is. There is no chipping along the edges of the blue nameplate. Three corners present as mint with only the upper right showing a light touch (NM/MT). Centering is 55/45 side-to-side and bottom border is also 55/45 with respect to the total width of side borders. Registration is very sharp and color is nice as well.

hey mintonlypls,
    Nice one... :)

• Options
    RonSportscardsRonSportscards Posts: 804 ✭✭✭✭

@mintonlypls said:
    This card arrived today (6/7). The card exceeded my expectations as far as how well preserved it is. There is no chipping along the edges of the blue nameplate. Three corners present as mint with only the upper right showing a light touch under magnification (NM/MT). Centering is 55/45 side-to-side and bottom border is also 55/45 with respect to the total width of side borders. Registration is very sharp and color is nice as well. There are two print defects: one in the blue nameplate and a 2nd in the red circle of "Pops". I am okay with the two (2) print defects given how high the other qualities of the card present.

Yours looks better than that 9 on ebay for $27,000. LOL
    Fair grade, I think. The print marks in the blue is enough for a half grade hit, but otherwise a 9 all day long.
    And wow is that back clean.

• Options
    mintonlyplsmintonlypls Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 8, 2023 7:07AM

I agree that the grade is very fair w/print marks precluding a 1/2 grade bump. For $2995…I am happy to add it to my collection.

mint_only_pls
  • Options
    BBBrkrrBBBrkrr Posts: 959 ✭✭✭✭✭

That is a great card and buy. I’ve been ramping up my interest in that and will be chasing it soon. Love that card.

Congratulations!

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

@mintonlypls said:
    This card arrived today (6/7). The card exceeded my expectations as far as how well preserved it is. There is no chipping along the edges of the blue nameplate. Three corners present as mint with only the upper right showing a light touch under magnification (NM/MT). Centering is 55/45 side-to-side and bottom border is also 55/45 with respect to the total width of side borders. Registration is very sharp and color is nice as well. There are two print defects: one in the blue nameplate and a 2nd in the red circle of "Pops". I am okay with the two (2) print defects given how high the other qualities of the card present.

Hiya Monte

Great card - and a really good description.

The only thing left out? "Dripping with color." 😎

Mike
  • Options
    MantleFan23MantleFan23 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭✭

Congrats on a great pickup Monte!

• Options

@hankcaddy said:
    A few back from a recent sub, having pretty good turn around times

hey hankcaddy,
    Awesome Plate... :)

• Options

@Halos2002 said:
    Trying to finish the Buffalo Bisons team T206...Only 1 more to go!

hey Halos2002,
    That's cool... :)

• Options
    DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Halos2002 said:
    Trying to finish the Buffalo Bisons team T206...Only 1 more to go!

That’s awesome! I had a similar idea as you and completed the Providence Grays team set. Good luck and congrats!

Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

• Options
    MantleFan23MantleFan23 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭✭

@mintonlypls said:

Congrats on another great pickup Monte!

• Options

@Chicago1976 said:
    A nicely centered '52 for the Cubs PC.

hey Chicago1976,
    You're doing very well on the June Pick-Up's... :)

• Options

@hankcaddy said:

hey hankcaddy,
    You're doing very well on the June Pick-Up's... :)