Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Frank Krause aka Broadstruck has passed away

13»

Comments

• Options
    TennesseeDaveTennesseeDave Posts: 4,743 ✭✭✭✭✭

Terrible news. My condolences to all his family and friends.

Trade $'s
  • Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,919 ✭✭✭✭✭

Another great collector has left the bourse. Condolences to his family, both immediate and extended.

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    DoubleEagle59DoubleEagle59 Posts: 8,200 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very sad news.

RIP.

"Gold is money, and nothing else" (JP Morgan, 1912)

"“Those who sacrifice liberty for security/safety deserve neither.“(Benjamin Franklin)

"I only golf on days that end in 'Y'" (DE59)
  • Options
    messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,707 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow! Sad news. Frank was a great member here. I wish I had gotten to know him in person. My condolences to family and friends.

• Options
    ZoinsZoins Posts: 33,926 ✭✭✭✭✭

This is amazingly sad news. I've thoroughly enjoyed his posts and participation on the forums over the years! He will be missed!

RIP Frank!

• Options
    ElmerFusterpuckElmerFusterpuck Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow, go away for a couple of weeks on an Iceland cruise and see this posting. Though I never met Frank in person, his posts and knowledge on this forum were beyond awesome. RIP.

• Options
    mr1931Smr1931S Posts: 5,980 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry for your loss, Stefanie.

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.-Albert Einstein

• Options
    InlanderInlander Posts: 71 ✭✭✭

Sad to hear this... as I have been in and out of the hobby over the years, he was one constant on this board providing a lot of valuable information.

RIP

• Options
    DelawareDoonsDelawareDoons Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ugh, he was a good one.

RIP.

Professional Numismatist. "It's like God, Family, Country, except Sticker, Plastic, Coin."

• Options
    cameonut2011cameonut2011 Posts: 10,062 ✭✭✭✭✭

When I saw all the new posts, I was hoping the OP was mistaken and it was a different Frank Krause. :'(

• Options
    CocoinutCocoinut Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭✭✭

My condolences to his family and friends.

Countdown to completion of my Mercury Set: 2 coins. My growing Lincoln Set: Finally completed!
  • Options
    coinnutcoinnut Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very sad news indeed. A great contributor to the boards. I always enjoyed his posts. My condolences to family and friends. 53 is way too young.

• Options
    nexlevelnmxnexlevelnmx Posts: 335 ✭✭✭
    edited May 30, 2023 5:57AM

A true legend and a person we will never forget. One of (in my opinion) the nicest guys on the forum and always on the side of the yn and those who needed help. I remember how much he helped out others. I cannot believe that this is Broadstruck. No bad bone by this guy! Wow on this news, very upset to hear about this

• Options
    nexlevelnmxnexlevelnmx Posts: 335 ✭✭✭
    edited May 30, 2023 5:59AM

A shout out to Glenn Holsonbake. Another legend and we should all really glorify those who are and have been helpful to this coin biz. Broadstruck, Ponyexpress, penny lady etc

• Options
    cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,690 ✭✭✭✭✭

One of the top forum members. Very sad.

Many happy BST transactions
  • Options
    orevilleoreville Posts: 11,793 ✭✭✭✭✭

RIP Frank. One of the good guys. We pm’d each other.

A Collectors Universe poster since 1997!
  • Options
    OldIndianNutKaseOldIndianNutKase Posts: 2,700 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am very sad to hear of Frank's passing. He will be missed, but his posts will live on if care to remember him. RIP

OINK

• Options
    tyler267tyler267 Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭✭

I'm so sorry to hear this, My Thoughts and Prayers are with his Family and Friends.

• Options
    DCWDCW Posts: 6,982 ✭✭✭✭✭

I still cant believe hes gone.
    Ireally wish that all of his great posts were preserved in original form. He used a different website to post many of his tokens long ago called "Tiny Pic" or something to that effect, and they are now unviewable here.
    I will miss Frank's many contributions to this forum. I really can't think of another member, any of us, that was as passionate about coins as he.
    I hope perhaps his son, as he grows up, finds his collection and builds on it. And this tangible link to his father brings him the same solace and peace that Frank found in these very coins.
    RIP, Frank.

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia
    "Coin collecting for outcasts..."

• Options
    1northcoin1northcoin Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BryceM said:
    Oh wow. What a gentleman he always was here on the forum. That is much too young. Condolences to his family.

Ditto

• Options
    1Mike11Mike1 Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭✭✭

My condolences to his family and friends.

"May the silver waves that bear you heavenward be filled with love’s whisperings"

"A dog breaks your heart only one time and that is when they pass on". Unknown
  • Options
    KliaoKliao Posts: 5,475 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow very sad news. So sorry to hear this. RIP

Young Numismatist/collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• Options
    MICHAELDIXONMICHAELDIXON Posts: 6,416 ✭✭✭✭✭

So sorry to hear this!!

Spring National Battlefield Coin Show is September 5-7, 2024 at the Eisenhower Hotel in Gettysburg, PA. WWW.AmericasCoinShows.com
  • Options
    logger7logger7 Posts: 8,096 ✭✭✭✭✭

Truly shocking as such a strong community member who many believed had many good years ahead. Can only offer condolences to his family.

• Options
    marcmoishmarcmoish Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭✭✭

IDK how I missed this earlier, what a big loss, Frank was the real deal, my condolences to the family.

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’m extremely sorry to hear this. :(

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    anablepanablep Posts: 5,032 ✭✭✭✭✭

This is terrible news. My condolences...

Always looking for attractive rim toned Morgan and Peace dollars in PCGS or (older) ANA/ANACS holders!

"Bongo hurtles along the rain soaked highway of life on underinflated bald retread tires."

~Wayne

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file