May 2023 pickups

13»

Comments

• Options
    GroceryRackPackGroceryRackPack Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DBesse27 said:

@GroceryRackPack said:

@GeneralJim said:

who's on the Whiffle-Ball box ??? That looks pretty cool.... :)

Looks like whitey ford

Thanks... :)

• Options

@Billyk97 said:

Jumping back and forth completing 1955 and 1960 Topps baseball, but couldn't pass up on this beautiful Koufax rookie for the 55 Topps set.

hey Billyk97 ,
    That's a nice one... :)

• Options

@Cladiator said:
    May is shaping up to be a good month for the 1975 set. These showed up today.

hey Cladiator,
    Awesome King Kong... :)

• Options
    CladiatorCladiator Posts: 17,921 ✭✭✭✭✭

@GroceryRackPack

Yeah, good old Kong. It's a shame he was only with SF for such a short stretch. As a Giants fan kid growing up in the 80s he was one of my anti-hero's being with the A's. LOL

He kind of reminds me of lots of players today. Homerun or strike out with not much in the middle.

• Options
    daltexdaltex Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Cladiator said:
    @GroceryRackPack

Yeah, good old Kong. It's a shame he was only with SF for such a short stretch. As a Giants fan kid growing up in the 80s he was one of my anti-hero's being with the A's. LOL

He kind of reminds me of lots of players today. Homerun or strike out with not much in the middle.

It's a lot worse now. Kingman was 38.6% three true outcomes (percentage of plate appearances that end in HR, BB, or K). Almost randomly selecting, Aaron Judge is 50.8%!

• Options

@Cladiator said:
    @GroceryRackPack

for me it was when Dave was on the Cubs...Yep a Homer that landed on Waveland or a big K in the scorebooks...

• Options

I just went and looked up his record. 8 teams in 16 years, man that guy sure got around lol.

• Options

@DougGlatt , love the Vida Blue

• Options
    DougGlattDougGlatt Posts: 49 ✭✭✭

@Cladiator said:
    @DougGlatt , love the Vida Blue

Thanks

• Options

@ndleo said:
    I went to the USC/ND game last year and saw Caleb Williams live. Even though I am a Notre Dame fan, Caleb was amazing to watch. That was not a good USC team last year (no size or depth) and he led them much further than they deserved. The ND defense got pressure on him but he just made big plays both passing and running. This guy is a lock. If I'm wrong, I'm sure this post will be brought back to life! :wink:

I was buying these for around $125 or so each but prices are now closer to $200 raw. 6 of the card are #1 of the serial number.

hey ndleo,
    Those look Pretty Exciting... :)

• Options
    ndleondleo Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭

@GroceryRackPack said:

@ndleo said:

hey ndleo,
    Those look Pretty Exciting... :)

Thanks. I love the Leaf Exotic Series. The cards are all sealed and have low print runs. I know....manufactured scarcity modern blah blah blah........but from a collector point of view, I prefer it since I can focus my obsessive-compulsive hobby mind. The variety and serial numbers are a fun chase.

Mike
  • Options

I pulled these Caleb Williams from other Leaf products. My advice to everyone on this board is that 2022 Leaf Caleb Williams autos may be the one of the last ones you can grab before Fanatics does an exclusive and drives up the price of his autos. I already heard that the Fanatics exclusive may freeze out Panini from a Victor Wembanyama rookie auto card.

Mike
  • Options
    daltexdaltex Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Cladiator said:
    I just went and looked up his record. 8 teams in 16 years, man that guy sure got around lol.

Four teams in three months (15 June to 15 September) in 1977 will do that. And at the end of November he signed a free agent contract with yet another team.

• Options

That Jim Brown needs to get a ticket to Newport Beach for new suit fitting.

Mike
  • Options
    BBBrkrrBBBrkrr Posts: 979 ✭✭✭✭✭

That Billy Martin is a beaut!

• Options
    JBrulesJBrules Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭✭✭

@KendallCat said:
    Added another Bench to my PC this week,and grade and price were a steal IMO.

Keith congrats. Very nice looking 8.5 and at a great price!!!

• Options
    brad31brad31 Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭✭✭

@redlegs said:
    I had been trying to find this card in a 9 for a long time.

Wow what a pick-up. Love the OPC image.

• Options
    VoteDizzyVoteDizzy Posts: 124 ✭✭✭

Basketball - Howard - Walker
    Wrestling - Danielson - Storm - Tajiri
  • Options
    1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,257 ✭✭✭✭✭

@SoxPatsFan said:
    Finally completed my set of 1997 Flair Showcase Legacy Collection Nomar Garciaparra. The Row 1 & Row 2's were also bought raw and submitted by me to PSA. The Row 0 looks at least as good as the others so I'm hoping for another 9 when I eventually submit it.

I'm pretty sure that 1997 was the first year of serial numbered base set parallels.

As a Yankees fan, I remember the Nomar-Jeter rivalry well.

Nomar had some truly sensational seasons with the Sox, especially early on…

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• Options

@Chargers49ersLakers said:

Been waiting forever to find a Copper and Winslow RB and SA PSA 10's!! Even though the base cards are more sought after, and higher value normally, I like better the In Actions, Record Breakers, Instant Replay, Highlight cards of the 1970's and 1980's better. I love the on field pics the best! Yes, it is awesome to have the base cards, but I favor the on field cards. If I could only pick one, either a Cooper base card rookie PSA 10, or the RB PSA 10, I would pick the RB every time.

hey Chargers49ersLakers,
    That's Pretty Awesome... :)

• Options
    BBBrkrrBBBrkrr Posts: 979 ✭✭✭✭✭

That Billy Martin is a beaut!