Lets report this seller in the UK...fake US coins

AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 17, 2023 11:52AM in U.S. Coin Forum
Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com

Comments

• Options
    MFeldMFeld Posts: 12,499 ✭✭✭✭✭

Multiple listings reported.

Mark Feld* of Heritage Auctions*Unless otherwise noted, my posts here represent my personal opinions.

• Options
    GreenstangGreenstang Posts: 940 ✭✭✭✭

Actually he is located in Beijing, just of of the reported nearly 2000 counterfeit sites in China.

• Options
    burfle23burfle23 Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good work, but I am sure they will be back.... Constant vigilance.... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    lkeneficlkenefic Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭✭✭

It looks like most of his stuff sold for less than $10 so I wonder if bidders were expecting the coins to be counterfeit, but at least struck on silver planchets for the bullion content. Just a WAG, but something tells me they're not! "... if it's too good to be true..."

Collecting: Dansco 7070; Middle Date Large Cents (VF-AU); Box of 20;

Successful BST transactions with: SilverEagles92; Ahrensdad; Smitty; GregHansen; Lablade; Mercury10c; copperflopper; whatsup; KISHU1; scrapman1077, crispy, canadanz, smallchange, robkool, Mission16, ranshdow, ibzman350, Fallguy, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, jwitten, Walkerguy21D, dsessom.
  • Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,648 ✭✭✭✭✭

This is not a very good counterfeit, but it's good enough to fool a novice. The sharpness grade on this thing is Choice VF. The 1870-CC half dollar lists in the new 2024 Red Book for $6,000 in VF. If the crook got half that for this "bargain" it would be quite a coup.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,748 ✭✭✭✭✭

That doesn't even look that good ☹️

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file