Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

May 2023 pickups

I’ll start things off:

1997 Upper Deck Legends Otto Graham autographed. I have 3 of his on-card official autos, and I believe there are only one or two more to track down.

Comments

• azvikeazvike Posts: 352 ✭✭✭
    edited May 1, 2023 3:54PM

@Browns1981 said:
    I’ll start things off:

1997 Upper Deck Legends Otto Graham autographed. I have 3 of his on-card official autos, and I believe there are only one or two more to track down.

This is a terrible choice of photo for one of the all time great QBs...looks like he just threw a pick and is running after the DB. You mean they couldn't find a better action picture of him?...SMH. Congrats on the Otto auto...what a great player he was. 10 years in the pros and 10 Championship appearances (with 7 wins!)

• azvikeazvike Posts: 352 ✭✭✭

@STLKabong said:

@azvike said:

@Browns1981 said:
    I’ll start things off:

This is a terrible choice of photo for one of the all time great QBs...looks like he just threw a pick and is running after the DB. You mean they couldn't find a better action picture of him?...SMH. Congrats on the Otto auto...what a great player he was. 10 years in the pros and 10 Championship appearances (with 7 wins!)

I think he's blocking for his teammate on the right side of the card.

I stand corrected...good catch!

• GroceryRackPackGroceryRackPack Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PastaBoy said:
    Not sure this counts, but I'm always happy to find BBCE flashes...

Now just have to figure out how to see through top of wrappers. Bottoms are easy. lol

hey PastaBoy,
    Oh Yeah...This counts...Pretty Cool... :)

• CladiatorCladiator Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭✭

@slimies said:
    picked this one up . think i paid $1 for it

I remember it like it was yesterday. Damn shame the Giants couldn't pull it off. Cool pick up.

• athleticsfanathleticsfan Posts: 249 ✭✭✭

@slimies said:

Awesome!

A's World Championships-1910, 1911, 1913, 1929, 1930, 1972, 1973, 1974, 1989
  • daltexdaltex Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 5, 2023 8:29PM

@PastaBoy said:
    Not sure this counts, but I'm always happy to find BBCE flashes...

Now just have to figure out how to see through top of wrappers. Bottoms are easy. lol

Counts as long as you bought it, under almost any definition, this month. I'm a firm believer in "collect what you like".

ETA: If you're worried about showing it on a thread like this because it's not "special" (cool, unique, valuable) enough, a) that's not a criterion, and b) if it was, this would be far above the threshold.

Oh, and if you open them, or even open the brick and can see the individual packs with cards showing, we'd like to see that, too.

We like pictures. :)

• BBBrkrrBBBrkrr Posts: 936 ✭✭✭✭✭

Love that football set. Open!!!!

• slimiesslimies Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭✭✭

@athleticsfan said:

@slimies said:

Awesome!

Thanks . i also have an ashtray picked up a few years ago you'd find interesting . its baseball glove shaped and its for the Kansas City Athletics .

@PastaBoy said:

@daltex said:
    Oh, and if you open them, or even open the brick and can see the individual packs with cards showing, we'd like to see that, too.

We like pictures. :)

I did open the brick already to see what showed. Probably far as I go right now. Here they are along with the bonus tray included in deal:

Awesome Packs... :)
    Oh Yeah on the 'Wrap"...Pretty Cool... B)

@JoeBanzai said:
    My latest additions to my Puckett set.

hey JoeBanzai,
    Cool card... :)

• JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks! 😁

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • jordangretzkyfanjordangretzkyfan Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭✭✭

Loving that Puckett 7-11 rookie. Never seen that one before. Thanks for sharing!

• brad31brad31 Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was also not aware of the 7-11 Puckett - is it standard sized? Is the back blank or printed? Thanks for sharing.

• mintonlyplsmintonlypls Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭✭✭

Andy…

Beautiful Rose!

mint_only_pls
  • lwehlerslwehlers Posts: 860 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ahopkins said:
    I’ve been looking for a centered PSA 7 in this card for a pretty long time. Finally landed this one, and I’m satisfied.

that should be an eight.

• ReggieClevelandReggieCleveland Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭✭✭

You folks have sick taste in cards. Those 7s are beauties. I'm selling off about 90% of my collection but I'm still collecting UFC as my methadone. Two RCs of fighters I'm a fan of.

Arthur

• brad31brad31 Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JoeBanzai said:

@jordangretzkyfan said:
    Loving that Puckett 7-11 rookie. Never seen that one before. Thanks for sharing!

It's not commonly seen, I have a couple raw ones, wasn't confident either would grade mint.

@brad31 said:
    I was also not aware of the 7-11 Puckett - is it standard sized? Is the back blank or printed? Thanks for sharing.

Card is standard sized, here's a picture of the back. Sorry about the glare.

Thanks for sharing the back and the knowledge. That card is really nice.

• JolleyWrencherJolleyWrencher Posts: 605 ✭✭✭

Today I received the Topps Project 100 #87 Mike Trout Deluxe package which includes a base card plus a parallel out of #100. I do not intend on opening it so maybe the other 99 people will and I will know what number my parallel is :smile:

@PaulMaul said:
    Very happy with this, and the price was lower than expected too! 👍

Very underrated player. Stunning card!

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set

^^The #19 card has gotten ridiculous. Iconic card to say the least

• 1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JoeBanzai said:

Agree - that card features what is just a really great photo…

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

@1951WheatiesPremium said:

@JoeBanzai said:

Did you know that pistol isn't a "real" gun, but a pellet gun?
    That's what I read somewhere.

• 1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JoeBanzai said:

@1951WheatiesPremium said:

@JoeBanzai said:

Did you know that pistol isn't a "real" gun, but a pellet gun?
    That's what I read somewhere.

Well, it’s definitely not a Walther PPK…

😁

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 3,015 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JoeBanzai said:
    I'm on FIRE!

REALLY wanted the 10, but it was 4 times as much and didn't look any better to me.

Holy hell, that card is AWESOME! I just PM’d you, but that was before I saw this. Which Puckett registry are you working on? The master?

Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

• BBBrkrrBBBrkrr Posts: 936 ✭✭✭✭✭

That Yadi is awesome. Beautiful.

@DBesse27 said:

@JoeBanzai said:
    I'm on FIRE!

REALLY wanted the 10, but it was 4 times as much and didn't look any better to me.

Holy hell, that card is AWESOME! I just PM’d you, but that was before I saw this. Which Puckett registry are you working on? The master?

Thanks buddy!
    Yes, the Master set. Not too many people chasing Kirby.

• DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 3,015 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JoeBanzai said:

@DBesse27 said:

@JoeBanzai said:
    I'm on FIRE!

Thanks buddy!

And only 1200+ items! Lol

Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

@DBesse27 said:

@JoeBanzai said:

@DBesse27 said:

@JoeBanzai said:
    I'm on FIRE!

Thanks buddy!

And only 1200+ items! Lol

A few more than Harmon!