Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

April Mail Call 2023

Comments

• Options
    rexvosrexvos Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Browns1981 said:

1952 Wheaties Otto Graham action pose.

I had been looking for a nicely cut example for quite a while. I can see blue all the way around. Card surface looks flawless except maybe chipping or flaking in the lower left edge.

Really thought that was Ronald Reagan

Looking for FB HOF Rookies
  • Options
    ssdawg77ssdawg77 Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Stone193 said:
    Stoney

Holy crap!!!

Best cards eva!!!!!

Thank you kind sir.

• Options
    DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭✭✭

@rexvos said:

@Browns1981 said:

1952 Wheaties Otto Graham action pose.

I had been looking for a nicely cut example for quite a while. I can see blue all the way around. Card surface looks flawless except maybe chipping or flaking in the lower left edge.

Really thought that was Ronald Reagan

Somebody else thought it was a different Ronald.

Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, Dwight Evans, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

• Options
    pdoidoipdoidoi Posts: 512 ✭✭✭

When I first saw it I thought it was Ronald Reagan.

• Options
    NGS428NGS428 Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭✭✭

@SoxPatsFan said:
    1999 Bowman's Best Nomar Garciaparra Atomic Refractor. I've been looking for this card for quite a while and I finally got one - in a very badly worded Ebay auction.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/225510151522?nma=true&si=4Sjw1Jfd2nW9Ka9Np4R2zK2U%2FZw%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

I've bought & sold numerous Nomar parallels #/100 and they usually go for $30-$40 raw. This listing erroneously describes it as a Topps Chrome, and does not mention it's an Atomic Refractor. These errors likely lowered the number of potential buyers.
    It has a very clean surface as well as sharp corners & good edges. Definitely a future PSA grading candidate.

Great find! Always exciting to “steal” an auction like that!

• Options
    GroceryRackPackGroceryRackPack Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ssdawg77 said:
    My football, hockey and basketball pickups for the week.

Oh Wow...That's Cool... B)

• Options
    TiborTibor Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭✭

@steel75 said:
    For some reason, I like these better in a SGC case......

I agree. I sub a group of T 206's a couple of years ago and they look good in PSA plastic. Last year I sent SGC a group and like you I like the look of the SGC holder better.

• Options

@PROMETHIUS88 said:
    Had been wanted a decetly centered 57 Mantle mid-grade for a while. Buddy that owns a shop just recently got these back. Couldn't decide which one I liked better so I bought them both.

hey PROMETHIUS88,
    I dig your avatar...Pretty Cool Jell-O.... :)

• Options
    PROMETHIUS88PROMETHIUS88 Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭✭✭

@GroceryRackPack said:

@PROMETHIUS88 said:
    Had been wanted a decetly centered 57 Mantle mid-grade for a while. Buddy that owns a shop just recently got these back. Couldn't decide which one I liked better so I bought them both.

hey PROMETHIUS88,
    I dig your avatar...Pretty Cool Jell-O.... :)

Thanks! I miss my 62 Jell-O set but not all the frustration that went with it, lol!

Promethius881969@yahoo.com
  • Options
    JolleyWrencherJolleyWrencher Posts: 605 ✭✭✭
    edited April 20, 2023 9:36AM

@jimq said:
    Bob Feller rookie. Crease in the lower right lowered the cost

I only have 90 swell cards I got as a kid with Feller. Your rookie card was probably held by quite a few Feller fans over the years.

He is from Van Meter, Iowa native. Feller was the name our friends called each other when we wanted to play ball. We didn't ask if you wanted to play, we just said "Let's go Feller."

• Options
    jimqjimq Posts: 256 ✭✭✭

@pab1969 said:
    For the 61 auto set:

I just snooped at your set. It's amazing. Really nice that you added scans so we could all enjoy them.

• Options

@Cs223406 said:
    up to 136/174 signed from the 86 Star set -- this is a big one

I seen a while back ago that Stockton's auto is a tough find...Great job... :)

• Options
    pab1969pab1969 Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jimq said:
    I just snooped at your set. It's amazing. Really nice that you added scans so we could all enjoy them.

Thank you very much!

• Options
    SoxPatsFanSoxPatsFan Posts: 197 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 21, 2023 9:51PM

@dictoresno said:
    I've really slowed down my purchases, but here is todays delivery. 1997 Bowman's Best Mirror Image Jeter/Garciaparra/Bocachica/Larkin Inverted Atomic Refractor (I included front and back scans). I think they say the print run on these inverted are like 25-50. nothing officially stated by Topps on print run or odds. I honestly never thought id be able to afford one, or find one for that matter since they almost never come up for sale. she isn't perfect, but its one.

A few months ago someone listed one of these on Ebay for $65. They also listed other rarer Nomar cards quite cheap including the one 1997 Flair Showcase Legacy Collection #/100 that I'm missing. I missed them by minutes. I wonder if that buyer flipped it to you. I do own a BGS quad 9.5 Gem of the inverted non-refractor though.

• Options
    dictoresnodictoresno Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭✭✭

@SoxPatsFan said:

@dictoresno said:
    I've really slowed down my purchases, but here is todays delivery. 1997 Bowman's Best Mirror Image Jeter/Garciaparra/Bocachica/Larkin Inverted Atomic Refractor (I included front and back scans). I think they say the print run on these inverted are like 25-50. nothing officially stated by Topps on print run or odds. I honestly never thought id be able to afford one, or find one for that matter since they almost never come up for sale. she isn't perfect, but its one.

A few months ago someone listed one of these on Ebay for $65. They also listed other rarer Nomar cards quite cheap including the one 1997 Flair Showcase Legacy Collection #/100 that I'm missing. I missed them by minutes. I wonder if that buyer flipped it to you. I do own a BGS quad 9.5 Gem of the inverted non-refractor though.

yea I saw that and missed it lol. I dunno this one has a defect inside the chrome layers unfortunately and looks like a wrinkle but isn't.

myslabs.to/smzcards

• Options
    dictoresnodictoresno Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jeffv96masters said:

@dictoresno said:
    I've really slowed down my purchases, but here is today's delivery. 1997 Bowman's Best Mirror Image Jeter /Garciaparra/ Bocachica/Larkin Inverted Atomic Refractor (I included front and back scans). I think they say the print run on these inverted are like 25-50. nothing officially stated by Topps on print run or odds. I honestly never thought id be able to afford one, or find one for that matter since they almost never come up for sale. she isn't perfect, but its one.

Nice !! I don't believe that print run count at all, but they are very hard to find
    Blame that on the fact they are buried in quite a few Jeter collectors PC's

I've had his brothers slabbed for years, but just haven't come across the atomic in my stash of 90's materials yet
    >
    >
    >

I have an inverted refractor too in my collection

myslabs.to/smzcards

• Options
    stwainfanstwainfan Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 23, 2023 8:38AM

@yankeesman said:

@stwainfan said:
    My first Yas card.

Congrats! This card reminds me of one of the reasons I like sports cards so much - they tie to history and the times as much as the sport. Those sideburns are legit 70s! Awesome card!!

Thanks. Yes I agree. That's why in love vintage cards.

I collect hall of fame rookie cards, https://www.instagram.com/stwainfan/

• Options
    daltexdaltex Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JoeBanzai said:
    I've wanted one of these for 38 years!

Wanted one (+Clemens, +Gooden) since long before I knew what PSA 10 meant. Rather before PSA existed or I'd have ever considered grading cards on a ten point scale.

• Options
    threeofsixthreeofsix Posts: 565 ✭✭✭✭

@stwainfan said:
    I finished my 1950's Topps Drysdale run.

Congrats!!!!!!

The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. Or the one.
    Live long, and prosper.