• Options
    GroceryRackPackGroceryRackPack Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MinorLeaguer said:
    April Showers bring the flower.

That's cool... :)

• Options

@coolstanley said:
    Landed this rare beauty. Its the only one graded by PSA.

hey coolstanley,
    Pretty Cool of the old school Stadium.... :)

• Options
    RonSportscardsRonSportscards Posts: 821 ✭✭✭✭

Great pic !
    It looks like they snuck into the arena when it was closed and took the pic using a polaroid instant camera. LOL

• Options

Stone !!! Basement pics please :)

• Options
    Browns1981Browns1981 Posts: 416 ✭✭✭✭✭

@coolstanley said:
    Landed this rare beauty. Its the only one graded by PSA.

Sending these in to get slabbed. 1970 Davis Cup final. USA defeats Germany. Last day ticket from one of the greatest Davis Cup matches in history. Arthur Ashe defeats Christian Kuhnke, 6–8, 10–12, 9‐7, 13‐11, 6‐4. The 86 games established a record for a cup match.

1985 U.S. Open Men's Final between Ivan Lendl and John McEnroe. Lendl's 1st U.S. Open title.

Question do you: is there much risk of counterfeit on ticket stubs? How do you authenticate? Is there a book or reference that show what they should look like (I.e. Blackhawk tickets from 1987 look like this, but in 1988 they changed X feature).

• Options
    NGS428NGS428 Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Cladiator said:
    Last newp for April. This one was harder to find with nice centering, even in 10, than I thought it would be...

86D is a bear to find centered. By eyes we’re getting crosses each time I looked at those lines.. nice card!!!

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,358 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JoeBanzai said:
    I've wanted one of these for 38 years!

This has got to be a board record!

Congratulations Joe.

Mike
  • Options
    coolstanleycoolstanley Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 29, 2023 5:18PM

@Browns1981 said:

Question do you: is there much risk of counterfeit on ticket stubs? How do you authenticate? Is there a book or reference that show what they should look like (I.e. Blackhawk tickets from 1987 look like this, but in 1988 they changed X feature).

I do not know how PSA authenticates tickets. And yes there are risks of counterfeits, just like any other high price memorabilia.

Terry Bradshaw was AMAZING!!

Ignore list -Basebal21

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,319 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 30, 2023 6:13PM

@Stone193 said:

@JoeBanzai said:
    I've wanted one of these for 38 years!

This has got to be a board record!

Congratulations Joe.

Thanks Mike!
    I remember laughing at a dealer who said this would be a $1,000.00 card one day.
    He's the one laughing now! 🤣

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options

@JoeBanzai said:
    Back to Killebrew.
    Just won this today! One of the few items I need to "complete" the Killebrew Master Set.

hey JoeBanzai,
    That's Pretty Cool... :)

• Options
    JBrulesJBrules Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JoeBanzai said:
    Back to Killebrew.
    Just won this today! One of the few items I need to "complete" the Killebrew Master Set.

Congrats!!!. A great addition to your set. They look like the images from the 63 Topps set. The Kaline and Mays for sure. What Topps year for the "Killer?

• Options
    daltexdaltex Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JoeBanzai said:
    Back to Killebrew.

Best thing about being on this board is seeing things that you had no idea existed!

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,319 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JBrules said:

@JoeBanzai said:
    Back to Killebrew.

Congrats!!!. A great addition to your set. They look like the images from the 63 Topps set. The Kaline and Mays for sure. What Topps year for the "Killer?

To my knowledge this pose was never used on a Topps issue from 1955-1975.

@daltex said:

@JoeBanzai said:
    Back to Killebrew.

Best thing about being on this board is seeing things that you had no idea existed!

LOL, yes, I didn't know about these until a couple of years ago. Only 8 of the sheets are graded.
    I don't know how the Wheaties stamps were distributed. In boxes of cereal? Mail on offer? I'm pretty sure the full sheet didn't come in a box of Wheaties!

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    hankcaddyhankcaddy Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭✭✭

Newest Bryce

currently collecting baseball of
    2004 spx
    1989 topps psa 10
    1959 phillies
    Phillies of the 70's
  • Options
    DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JoeBanzai said:
    Back to Killebrew.

Awesome Joe, congrats!

Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, Dwight Evans, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

• Options
    RonSportscardsRonSportscards Posts: 821 ✭✭✭✭

@JoeBanzai said:
    Back to Killebrew.

What are the dimensions of the item?
    What makes the condition PR1? It's not obvious.