Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

$50 Percussion Massager vs. Rotated 1839 Capped Bust 50c CAC in a PCGS holder

ThreeCentSilverFLThreeCentSilverFL Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭✭✭

I had a wild idea. It worked. I really didn’t want to send this one back in to re-holder and then back to CAC. Before and after pics. It worked so fast I almost rotated it too much.

Before (obviously):

After about 2 seconds, on speed 10, along the long right edge.

Comments

• Options
    jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,450 ✭✭✭✭✭

That is too cool. I've got one of those. Never considered it. I always used a tire innertube piece and tapped on the bottom left or right corner according to whichever direction I needed.
    Jim

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain
  • Options
    Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

Should have saved yourself the trouble and just mailed that beauty my direction. B)

I have just tapped the corner on a magazine and it does the job. Not quite as fast but just as effective. Thanks for sharing.

• Options
    NumisOxideNumisOxide Posts: 10,990 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hmm need to try that! My last submission one of my HT tokens came back not straight.

• Options
    jwittenjwitten Posts: 5,077 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’ve used my electric hair clippers before. Works wonders!

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice work... and fast as well. I used an electric shaver once... It worked well, though not as quick as your device. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    FlatwoodsFlatwoods Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice coin.

• Options

It worked!! Thanks.

• Options
    ThreeCentSilverFLThreeCentSilverFL Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭✭✭

@NumisOxide said:
    It worked!! Thanks.

Awesome!

• Options
    pursuitoflibertypursuitofliberty Posts: 6,625 ✭✭✭✭✭

I won't even tell you what my good friend @lkeigwin suggests for this issue!!

:D:D:D

“We are only their care-takers,” he posed, “if we take good care of them, then centuries from now they may still be here … ”

Todd - BHNC #242
  • Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,705 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good good good vibrations!

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall, coinsarefun

• Options
    2windy2fish2windy2fish Posts: 817 ✭✭✭✭✭

I submit roughly a hundred coins a year and 1 or 2 return to me either not centered correctly or even crooked in the holder….i am astonished at how the QC person looks at that and gives the thumbs up…

• Options
    jwittenjwitten Posts: 5,077 ✭✭✭✭✭

@2windy2fish said:
    I submit roughly a hundred coins a year and 1 or 2 return to me either not centered correctly or even crooked in the holder….i am astonished at how the QC person looks at that and gives the thumbs up…

More than likely they vibrate and rotate in shipment coming to you

• Options

@jwitten said:

@2windy2fish said:

More than likely they vibrate and rotate in shipment coming to you

That's most likely the case I think.

• Options
    jackpine20jackpine20 Posts: 139 ✭✭✭✭

I have only submitted maybe thirty coins for encapsulation, over ten years, and I have been disappointed with the rotated placement maybe 30% of the time. It has been very frustrating. This thread has opened my eyes and given me the confidence to send in more coins for grading. Thank you so much for starting this thread! I'm going to celebrate by brushing my teeth, with my electric toothbrush, of course!

Matt Snebold

• Options
    airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 21,961 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jwitten said:
    I’ve used my electric hair clippers before. Works wonders!

You should try that method on regular 1964 proof JFKs and watch the value soar!

JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • Options
    tcollectstcollects Posts: 876 ✭✭✭✭

borrow your wife's hitachi magic wand

• Options
    lkeneficlkenefic Posts: 7,911 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks! I'll have to try this on my Seated Dollar...

Collecting: Dansco 7070; Middle Date Large Cents (VF-AU); Box of 20;

Successful BST transactions with: SilverEagles92; Ahrensdad; Smitty; GregHansen; Lablade; Mercury10c; copperflopper; whatsup; KISHU1; scrapman1077, crispy, canadanz, smallchange, robkool, Mission16, ranshdow, ibzman350, Fallguy, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, jwitten, Walkerguy21D, dsessom.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file