Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Any Baltimore reports?

PTVETTERPTVETTER Posts: 5,880 ✭✭✭✭✭

Any photos of new pick ups?

Pat Vetter,Mercury Dime registry set,1938 Proof set registry,Pat & BJ Coins:724-325-7211

Comments

• Options
    coinbufcoinbuf Posts: 10,755 ✭✭✭✭✭

There have been one or two posts on Baltimore, maybe on page two now.

My Lincoln Registry
    My Collection of Old Holders

Never a slave to one plastic brand will I ever be.
  • Options
    coinbufcoinbuf Posts: 10,755 ✭✭✭✭✭

Laura from Legend posted this on the CAC forum about the Baltimore show.

"It was unprecedented that EVERY MAJOR buyer I know of did NOT attend the Baltimore show. Also, there seems to be a new thing, East Coast dealers do not attend Long Beach anymore and the West Coast guys don't hit Baltimore. I have suggested forever these two shows cut down to 2 a year.

I think security and costs are the main reasons these shows will fade into oblivion. Also, I never liked the fact the auctions moved to a week after (although there is something to be said for that). Add in a lack of interesting coins to display, these seem to be fewer dealers attending and even fewer collectors."

My Lincoln Registry
    My Collection of Old Holders

Never a slave to one plastic brand will I ever be.
  • Options
    alefzeroalefzero Posts: 869 ✭✭✭✭✭

@coinbuf said:
    Laura from Legend posted this on the CAC forum about the Baltimore show.

"It was unprecedented that EVERY MAJOR buyer I know of did NOT attend the Baltimore show. Also, there seems to be a new thing, East Coast dealers do not attend Long Beach anymore and the West Coast guys don't hit Baltimore. I have suggested forever these two shows cut down to 2 a year.

I think security and costs are the main reasons these shows will fade into oblivion. Also, I never liked the fact the auctions moved to a week after (although there is something to be said for that). Add in a lack of interesting coins to display, these seem to be fewer dealers attending and even fewer collectors."

I cannot see why the "June" Long Beach continues. It either ends up too close to Memorial Day or the hotel rates are too high of an overhead hit.

The anchoring auctions were a major highlight of the shows too. They started ruining the shows though when the sessions were being held during bourse hours. At least holding a Platinum Night (or similar) with a catered dinner complemented a show in a very symbiotic way. Those sessions during the day were maddening. First, one had to keep track of them. And then is was either bid absentee, close the table up and sit through an hour of undesired lots waiting to paddle up the one I wanted, or miss the lot while dealing with buyers and tire kickers, buying it later on the secondary market at a mark up.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DelawareDoons.... Nice show report. Yep, bullion is getting a lot of interest right now, and predictions are that it will be going higher. We shall see... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,345 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DelawareDoons
    Thanks for a great show report.
    Panic buying on Bullion?
    Time will tell.
    Wayne

Kennedys are my quest...

• Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,769 ✭✭✭✭✭

There is always something to see...

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file