Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Help with getting soccer Star Hugo Sanchez auto on my San Diego Sockers picture

Hello,

I have had this San Diego Sockers photo since I was a kid. I got all the signatures on it before one game in 1980. Hugo Sanchez was on the team that year, but he was not at that game. I would like to add his signature to this photo. Does anyone have any info on where he is doing a public signing? I am willing to pay to have this signed. Thank you in advance for any help.

Ledsters

Comments

• ledstersledsters Posts: 603 ✭✭
    Bump...
  • Well, He's not with the Mexican U-23 team any more...

LINK

1964 stand ups
    1975 mini's
    1954 Wilson Franks
    Hello,

I am still looking for a lead on how to get this photo signed by Hugo Sanchez. Again, I am willing to pay to have it signed. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Kevin
  • jackstrawjackstraw Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭
    It looks like he died last November?
    Sorry different guy.
    Collector Focus

ON ITS WAY TO NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658

I am still looking to get this photo signed by Hugo Sanchez. If anyone has a lead on where he is signing or will be appearing, I would appreciate any assistance.

I will pay a Finder's Fee once it is signed.

Thank you!
  • miwlvrnmiwlvrn Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Might consider picking up an auto of his that you could cut and put with it as a place holder until you're able to get the poster in his hands?

Thank you for the suggestion. I have waited this long to have it signed...I will leave the way it is until then.
  • totallyraddtotallyradd Posts: 924 ✭✭✭
    I looked him up on SportsCollector.net and he's not listed.
  • CMKLCMKL Posts: 66 ✭✭✭

Any help with getting this 1980 San Diego Sockers team photo signed by Hugo Sanchez? I’ve had no luck finding a signing opportunity. Please email me at ledsters@msn.com. Thank you.

• OneDaysRideOneDaysRide Posts: 129 ✭✭✭

I admire your persistence! Best of luck in your autograph journey.

• swish54swish54 Posts: 687 ✭✭✭✭

I know there's facebook groups for signings/requested signings for other sports. Maybe there's one for soccer too?

Thank you. I’m not on Facebook. But I’ll have my son check that route.

• OneDaysRideOneDaysRide Posts: 129 ✭✭✭

There is a very active Instagram account (search #hugosanchez) which could provide some leads. Lots of recent postings.

Might be helpful to speak/write in Spanish.

Thank you for the lead

I’m still looking for a lead to get this photo signed by Hugo Sanchez. Any private signings or public appearances out there. Thank you for any help.

Kevin

• AFLfanAFLfan Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭✭✭

I wish I could help you. I grew up in San Diego and watched these Sockers teams as a kid. The games at the sports arena were a ton of fun. Many years later I met Juli Veee through work and had occasion to hang out with him on a handful of occasions. Such a fun, great guy! And an incredible soccer player.

Todd Tobias - Grateful Collector - I focus on autographed American Football League sets, Fleer & Topps, 1960-1969, and lacrosse cards.

Thanks Todd. It’s been tough to find a lead that has panned out. I have had this photo since 1980. Those NASL games at Jack Murphy Stadium were the best.

I’ll bump this again incase someone out there can help.

• miwlvrnmiwlvrn Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭✭✭

I know it's not the same as hard signed on the photo, but have you acquired a Sanchez auto that you'd be able to cut and add onto the photo, at least to store separately in your collection as a potential addition down the road? Yes, it would be a bit of a shame to alter the project, but, at some point it might come down to weighing the balance of complete incl. one cut'n'paste vs. all hard-signed except missing one key star.

Thank you for the suggestion. I’m confident I’ll eventually find the lead that will get this photo signed.

• RedHeart54RedHeart54 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭

Are you familiar with a guy named Greg Suttie? He’s sort of Mr.San Diego Socker. (Look up Suttie on Soccer.) He might be able to help.

I will reach out to him. Thank you

• lawyer05lawyer05 Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭✭

look at facebook group

futbol mexicano

• dstudebadstudeba Posts: 215 ✭✭

Interesting, I had no idea he played for the Soccers. I remember seeing him a Real Madrid in the late 80s. Within the last ten years I heard he was living in Coronado, CA. The only thing I can find more recent an article from earlier this year which stated. Sanchez is a studio analyst for ESPN Deportes, which telecast Sunday's Clasico, won by Barcelona, 2-1.

If he is still in Coronado and you can locate him I could help you as it is pretty close to me and I would love to meet him.

Search and Track Auctions Automatically

Collectable