Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

What does Vaultbox mean to you?

cameonut2011cameonut2011 Posts: 10,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 6, 2023 8:04AM in U.S. Coin Forum

Please discuss. Essays, poetry, interpretative song and dance, etc. are all welcome. 😈

Comments

• Options
    P0CKETCHANGEP0CKETCHANGE Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not again.

Nothing is as expensive as free money.

• Options
    ironmanl63ironmanl63 Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭✭✭

Diddly Squat!

• Options
    ColonelKlinckColonelKlinck Posts: 372 ✭✭✭

Buttkus.

• Options
    MasonGMasonG Posts: 6,268 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's a way for people who have no intention to buy to pat themselves on the back while saying "Look at me! I'm smart- not like all those fools who bought one."

And then proceed to spend what normal people consider insane amounts of money on coins for their collections. :)

• Options
    Project NumismaticsProject Numismatics Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭✭✭

VB is a great topic to have a debate over many aspects of how modern coins are slabbed, marketed, distributed and sold. In addition to ancillary topics such as dealer profit margins, how to attract newcomers to the hobby, whether the current 70pt grading system makes sense and a number of other issues.

• Options
    bearcavebearcave Posts: 3,993 ✭✭✭✭✭

What is vault box? 🙄

Ken
  • Options
    WQuarterFreddieWQuarterFreddie Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 4, 2023 11:25AM

Really?🙄 This topic has already been discussed.

• Options
    2windy2fish2windy2fish Posts: 817 ✭✭✭✭✭

In the simple yet profound words of Michael Scott ….No! God! Please! No!

• Options
    dbldie55dbldie55 Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭✭✭

Spam

Collector and Researcher of Liberty Head Nickels. ANA LM-6053
  • Options
    3stars3stars Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭✭✭

An excuse to bring the Karen’s out of the woodwork

Previous transactions: Wondercoin, goldman86, dmarks, Type2
  • Options
    edited March 4, 2023 10:55AM

@dbldie55 said:
    Spam

spam
    1 of 3
    noun
    ˈspam
    unsolicited usually commercial messages (such as emails, text messages, or Internet postings) sent to a large number of recipients or posted in a large number of places

It is not commercial in nature. I have no financial interest in the products or services used or sold by these people. Some have postulated that the holders and gimmicky grading scale may lead to collectible plastic. I disagree with them. The point remains, what does Vaultbox mean to you?

• Options

@Project Numismatics said:
    VB is a great topic to have a debate over many aspects of how modern coins are slabbed, marketed, distributed and sold. In addition to ancillary topics such as dealer profit margins, how to attract newcomers to the hobby, whether the current 70pt grading system makes sense and a number of other issues.

I like it. Keep the commentary coming. What do others think of the topics?

• Options

@MasonG said:
    It's a way for people who have no intention to buy to pat themselves on the back while saying "Look at me! I'm smart- not like all those fools who bought one."

That’s harsh.

• Options
    MasonGMasonG Posts: 6,268 ✭✭✭✭✭

@cameonut2011 said:

@MasonG said:

That’s harsh.

No harsher than saying people don't understand what they're doing when they buy a VaultBox.

• Options
    Shane6596Shane6596 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭✭✭

I personally wouldnt buy one. I like to know what im getting for my money.

Others like the mystery, and thats fine.

Successful BST transactions with....Coinslave87, ChrisH821, Walkerguy21D, SanctionII.......................Received "You Suck" award 02/18/23

• Options
    Che_GrapesChe_Grapes Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭✭✭

Meant to provide the same level of mystic that baseball cards have when you open a pack before knowing which cards you have.
    But I don’t like the fact you could end up with three slabbed “bullion ASEs” that were never intended to be collectible. Maybe one will be a proof but I’ve seen a few that were worth 3 oz of bullion silver and no more.
    But you could get a gold or platinum eagle… so, maybe if you get 3 or 4 of them you’ll get one that will allow you to break even. But even a platinum eagle is not really very numismatic imo.

• Options
    vplite99vplite99 Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭✭✭

Momma make it stop.

Vplite99
  • Options

Does anybody know how to activate the Ignore tab for a thread?🤣😂

• Options
    CameonutCameonut Posts: 7,262 ✭✭✭✭✭

An expensive instant lottery ticket.

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." - Thomas Jefferson

My digital cameo album 1950-64 Cameos - take a look!

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,086 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MFeld said:
    To me, it means repetition of the same points over and over again, to the point of uncontrolled obsession.

Edited to add: For anyone who did or does click on “LOL” in response to my above post, I wasn’t trying to be funny. On the contrary, I was being serious.

You should reread the thread. Lol.

We've talked about other things.

• Options
    NJCoinNJCoin Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MasonG said:

And then proceed to spend what normal people consider insane amounts of money on coins for their collections. :)

And for others who have no intention to buy to encourage others to do so, for no apparent reason other than to support the sellers.

• Options
    edited March 4, 2023 4:26PM

@FlyingAl said:
    I'm of the opinion that every Vaultbox thread is NJCoin's plan to hit 10,000 posts before the end of 2023.

No, but that might be other people's plan, especially when they make reference to me, explicit or otherwise. It's worth noting that I have not started a single one of these threads, although I am clearly engaged and more than willing to participate.

• Options

@WQuarterFreddie said:
    Does anybody know how to activate the Ignore tab for a thread?🤣😂

Yes. You control yourself and don't click on it. My understanding is that the posts don't just pop up on their own.

• Options

@MFeld said:
    To me, it means repetition of the same points over and over again, to the point of uncontrolled obsession.

Edited to add: For anyone who did or does click on “LOL” in response to my above post, I wasn’t trying to be funny. On the contrary, I was being serious.

And yet, here we all are, posting. Including you!

• Options

@MFeld said:

I clicked on LOL just to agitate you.😉

Anyone else care to join me?🤔

• Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

No interest here. :|

• Options
    privatecoinprivatecoin Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Doors. This is the end.....

Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value. Zero. Voltaire. Ebay coinbowlllc

• Options
    124Spider124Spider Posts: 849 ✭✭✭✭✭

What's this "Vaultbox" of which you write? ;)

• Options
    Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,651 ✭✭✭✭✭

@124Spider said:
    What's this "Vaultbox" of which you write? ;)

I think its like a safe deposit box with out the bank or the key. 😁

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• Options
    erscoloerscolo Posts: 513 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nothing, and never ending thread bait. Simply put, a waste of time.

• Options
    mirabelamirabela Posts: 4,978 ✭✭✭✭✭

Does anybody know what time this class gets out? Or what's for lunch today?

mirabela
  • Options
    wozymodowozymodo Posts: 138 ✭✭✭

Most get three dollars
    Influencers, gold fifty
    Throw in a shilling

• Options
    OAKSTAROAKSTAR Posts: 5,900 ✭✭✭✭✭

I thought about it.
    I laughed about it.
    Then I forgot about it!

Disclaimer: I'm not a dealer, trader, grader, investor or professional numismatist. I'm just a hobbyist. (To protect me but mostly you! 🤣 )

This discussion has been closed.