Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Feedback appreciated, re-submit?

Hello everyone,

Curious what people think of this coin? Approximate value? Is it worth re-submitting?

Thank you,
Jeff

Comments

• Options
    dsessomdsessom Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭✭✭

Damned shame. Somebody, at some point decided to clean it, hence the code 94. Even so, it's still has a value of $300-$400 or so.

• Options
    dsessomdsessom Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭✭✭

I wouldn't bother resubmitting it. At least 3 graders agreed that it was cleaned or "altered".

• Options
    DeplorableDanDeplorableDan Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭✭✭

Leave it be, or sell it and move on. Looks “details” to me

Founder- Peak Rarities
    Website
    Instagram
    Facebook

• Options
    lilolmelilolme Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭✭

My guess is that the coin was toned more and was dipped to remove most of the toning but with some remaining around the edges and then some haze like in the fields. I think some of the luster is now stripped from the coin. No going back.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=2YNufnS_kf4 - Mama I'm coming home ...................................................................................................................................................................... RLJ 1958 - 2023

• Options
    baseballjeffbaseballjeff Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭

Could this coin get "restored" by PCGS and possibly get a numerical grade?

• Options
    lilolmelilolme Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭✭

I do not know what is wrong with the coin to get the code 94. That will be a key.

However, looking at pcgs description of code 94 there is a possibility that it could happen. An example is putty added to gold and then pcgs conservation removing it and straight grades. Sometime the putty is removed and still will get a details grade but for something else. Other times the code 94 might not be fixable. So back to knowing what is wrong with it that caused the code 94.

https://www.pcgs.com/grades#grade94

https://youtube.com/watch?v=2YNufnS_kf4 - Mama I'm coming home ...................................................................................................................................................................... RLJ 1958 - 2023

• Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,630 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's messed with, no use even thinking about trying to resubmit.

bob :)

Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭✭✭

Odds are not in your favor. I'd save the time/money/grief of a resubmittal.

It should be worth close to $500 retail as-is. If it was in a straight-graded MS holder it's a $1,000 piece.

• Options
    goldengolden Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭✭

The problem is not going to disappear.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Resubmitting will not work... It will not change. Best to sell to a collector that wants to fill a hole or just complete the CC series... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    Project NumismaticsProject Numismatics Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭✭✭

What’s your goal for the coin?

Personally I don’t see it straight grading.

If your goal is to maximize value, I would sell it in the current slab on eBay. There are plenty of buyers for this type of material.

If your goal is to keep it any enjoy it, I’d consider cracking it out and putting it in an album.

• Options
    jerseybenjerseyben Posts: 114 ✭✭✭

Either a dip gone wrong or some sort of chemical was used improperly.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file