Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Post your "Everyman" Coins and Sets Here

CoinHoarderCoinHoarder Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭✭✭

Everyman Coins:

Coins are meant for one thing - circulating within commerce. Having a coin that was used for it's intended purpose and removed from circulation .

Please post your coins and sets here that meet the above criteria. :)

Comments

• Options
    braddickbraddick Posts: 23,112 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 26, 2023 9:45AM
  • Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,896 ✭✭✭✭✭

Without dissecting my 7070, my 19th Century portion were topped out at AU58 in this PCGS link;

https://www.pcgs.com/setregistry/u-s-coins/design-type-sets/complete-dansco-7070-modified-type-set-no-gold-1796-date/alltimeset/180751

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Circulated coins is where we all started... and for many, where our interests still lie. Sure, I have some Mint Proof sets, and I love the look of fresh minted coins. However, I also like the circam look of well traveled commerce coins. Collect what you like, and like what you collect. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    dsessomdsessom Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭✭✭

@oih82w8 said:
    Without dissecting my 7070, my 19th Century portion were topped out at AU58 in this PCGS link;

https://www.pcgs.com/setregistry/u-s-coins/design-type-sets/complete-dansco-7070-modified-type-set-no-gold-1796-date/alltimeset/180751

That's one of the best looking type sets I have ever seen! Great eye!

• Options
    dsessomdsessom Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭✭✭

I must admit - I was away from these forums for a good while, and did not realize until today that Mike Hayes had passed away in 2017 from pancreatic cancer. He was a great guy and taught me quite a bit about Barber coins, and V nickels in particular. So, in his honor, I will post a picture of the only Mike Hayes coin I own. It's only an AU58 common V nickel, and the photo isn't the best, but in hand it looks like a proof. Rest in peace, old friend.

By the way, Mike Hayes has a FindAGrave page here: [https://findagrave.com/memorial/235115801/michael-francis-hayes](https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/235115801/michael-francis-hayes)

• Options
    WingedLiberty1957WingedLiberty1957 Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very cool, cheapo, 1957D Linc ...

• Options
    AlanSkiAlanSki Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭✭✭

1 of 3 AU58+ memorial cents at PCGS

• Options

• Options

@crazyhounddog said:
    Here’s my example. I received this dime in change over this holiday season. Now I can’t say this has never happened to me before. A 1921 to boot. It makes me wonder how long it’s been floating around out there in change drawers. It’s mine now😃

Amazing! :)

• Options
    WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,347 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wayne

Kennedys are my quest...

• Options

Picked up this 1890-O "cull" Morgan Dollar at my LCS yesterday for 32 bucks. :)
    I will add it to my tube, with these other "cull" silver dollars.

• Options
    jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,298 ✭✭✭✭✭

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file