Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Unexpected package from PCGS arrived today!

Aspie_RoccoAspie_Rocco Posts: 3,259 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 15, 2022 6:12AM in U.S. Coin Forum

I got a USPS informed delivery email today for a package coming from PCGS. This confused me a little since I have not personally submitted any coins in a few years (except through third parties). When I arrived home I was pleasantly surprised to open a small mailer with a Registry pin inside!

This is my first Registry award ever. I had been in 3rd place for the last 4+ years with my main variety set but was bumped down to number 4 just before the awards season. Not sure what the pin is for though. I have a few different sets. I am thrilled to have received the pin. Looking at the sets I have one in first place and two in second place. Pin probably for one of those three.

Have a great day.

Thank you PCGS!

Rocco

Comments

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,793 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congratulations!

• Options
    habaracahabaraca Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭✭✭

WOOT WOOT.........

• Options
    coinbufcoinbuf Posts: 10,779 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 14, 2022 4:21PM

I'm happy for you but confused at the same time, a best of registry set for a 4th place set? What does best of registry mean?

My Lincoln Registry
    My Collection of Old Holders

Never a slave to one plastic brand will I ever be.
  • Options
    MidLifeCrisisMidLifeCrisis Posts: 10,524 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congratulations!

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,046 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congratulations

• Options
    SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,886 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cool pin.

• Options
    OAKSTAROAKSTAR Posts: 5,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 14, 2022 5:40PM

Congrats!!

Hey PCGS- Why didn't you send this to @Aspie_Rocco in a slab?? 😉 👍🏻

Disclaimer: I'm not a dealer, trader, grader, investor or professional numismatist. I'm just a hobbyist. (To protect me but mostly you! 🤣 )

• Options
    Aspie_RoccoAspie_Rocco Posts: 3,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

@coinbuf said:
    I'm happy for you but confused at the same time, a best of registry set for a 4th place set? What does best of registry mean?

I have many registry sets, mostly US coins and nickels. I doubt it’s the #4 (in my signature line) set but that is the only one I pay attention to.
    I do have one tied for #1 for the last several years.
    The pin came with no explanation but it is still greatly appreciated.

• Options
    jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,336 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats Rocco.
    Jim

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain
  • Options
    LuxorLuxor Posts: 410 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice looking pin, congrats!

Your hobby is supposed to be your therapy, not the reason you need it.

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,532 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wtg, congrats

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,055 ✭✭✭✭✭

Guess it's true that good things come in small packages. Congrats.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    johnny010johnny010 Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭✭✭

@coinbuf said:

Millennials now send out the awards to all participants.

Seriously though, congrats!

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Aspie_Rocco ... Congratulations on the award. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    lilolmelilolme Posts: 2,470 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Aspie_Rocco
    Nice.
    Here is the information on the Best of Registry. If I read this correctly, then you can request an award certificate.

https://www.pcgs.com/setregistry/awards

2023 "Best of the Registry" Winners
    "Best of the Registry" icons will be awarded to each set that is ranked number one with at least 95% completion, or in the case of large set compositions, those sets with 500 or more coins registered. Note that the completion requirement may be waived if the judges deem a set worthy. ("Best of the Registry" award certificates will be printed and mailed at the winner's request.)

https://youtube.com/watch?v=2YNufnS_kf4 - Mama I'm coming home ...................................................................................................................................................................... RLJ 1958 - 2023

• Options
    coinbufcoinbuf Posts: 10,779 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Aspie_Rocco said:

@coinbuf said:

I have many registry sets, mostly US coins and nickels. I doubt it’s the #4 (in my signature line) set but that is the only one I pay attention to.
    I do have one tied for #1 for the last several years.
    The pin came with no explanation but it is still greatly appreciated.

Most likely for the #1 tie set, that makes sense, the mention of the fourth place set thru me off. Congrats and enjoy the award!

My Lincoln Registry
    My Collection of Old Holders

Never a slave to one plastic brand will I ever be.
  • Options
    MaywoodMaywood Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe it's like a Participation Trophy!! :p

• Options
    Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very cool nice. All i only get from them is a bill and even that is emailed to me. 😔

Hoard the keys.
  • Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭✭✭

What no fruit cake? Congrats. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options
    BuffaloIronTailBuffaloIronTail Posts: 7,415 ✭✭✭✭✭

Don't put it away. You HAVE to wear it.

Coin shops, coin shows and numismatic organizations need to know your "elite" status.

Pete

"I tell them there's no problems.....only solutions" - John Lennon
  • Options
    jshaulisjshaulis Posts: 799 ✭✭✭✭

@Aspie_Rocco said:
    I got a USPS informed delivery email today for a package coming from PCGS. This confused me a little since I have not personally submitted any coins in a few years (except through third parties). When I arrived home I was pleasantly surprised to open a small mailer with a Registry pin inside!

This is my first Registry award ever. I had been in 3rd place for the last 4+ years with my main variety set but was bumped down to number 4 just before the awards season. Not sure what the pin is for though. I have a few different sets. I am thrilled to have received the pin. Looking at the sets I have one in first place and two in second place. Pin probably for one of those three.

Have a great day.

Thank you PCGS!

Rocco

I got a similar package today but didn't realize it was from PCGS. I panicked as the package looked/felt empty and assumed someone stole some coins out of what looked like a sealed package. I recorded myself opening the package and realized what it was. Huge relief!

Congrats on your pin!

Successful transactions with forum members commoncents05, dmarks, Coinscratch, Bullsitter, DCW, TwoSides2aCoin, Namvet69 (facilitated for 3rd party), Tetromibi, ProfLizMay, MASSU2, MWallace, Bruce7789, Twobitcollector, 78saen, U1chicago

• Options
    jt88jt88 Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭✭✭

I received one today

• Options
    ZoinsZoins Posts: 33,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    erwindocerwindoc Posts: 4,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very nice! Congratulations!

• Options
    alohagaryalohagary Posts: 2,764 ✭✭✭✭

Congrats

• Options
    pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,749 ✭✭✭✭✭

The pin definitely makes more sense than the plaque

• Options
    ScarsdaleCoinScarsdaleCoin Posts: 5,192 ✭✭✭✭✭

@pocketpiececommems said:

Not sure everyone agrees but I think some medal in a PCGS slab to put with the individual set would be the most welcome item item that PCGS could create. Perhaps that idea will make its way upstairs for next year!

Jon Lerner - Scarsdale Coin - www.CoinHelp.com
  • Options
    smalltimesmalltime Posts: 171 ✭✭✭

@ScarsdaleCoin said:

@pocketpiececommems said:

Not sure everyone agrees but I think some medal in a PCGS slab to put with the individual set would be the most welcome item item that PCGS could create. Perhaps that idea will make its way upstairs for next year!

That sound like a terrific idea to me. I can imagine displaying my set with the trophy there with it.

• Options
    JohnnyCacheJohnnyCache Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    jt88jt88 Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭✭✭

Once I complete a set I will list them on eBay as a set to show it off. It might takes years or decades to complete. I has couple sets are in Rank number 1 but still has a long way to go.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file