Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

I haven’t seen this fake pcgs holder before

1madman1madman Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭✭✭

https://www.ebay.com/itm/385121728160

I’ve seen this fake/copy of the 2015 high relief gold coin before, but never in some form of a slab. I’m curious to know why the cert # and coin # are both linked to a 2020 silver eagle? I mean if you’re gonna fake everything, why not at least get the coin # right on the fake slab?

In case the auction gets taken down, here’s the pictures:

Comments

• Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,917 ✭✭✭✭✭

Interesting. first time I’ve seen that as well.

• Options
    lilolmelilolme Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭✭

First for First Strike.
    Not that good of one. I don't do FS but don't they normally have a date and designation on them.
    Also that reverse label has shown up on the fake slabs previously in a thread(s). Several things wrong with this one but still be aware because some are much more deceptive.
    Thanks for the post.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=2YNufnS_kf4 - Mama I'm coming home ...................................................................................................................................................................... RLJ 1958 - 2023

• Options
    KliaoKliao Posts: 5,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 17, 2022 4:34PM

A pretty bad fake. And a coin that was never made in proof.

Collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,984 ✭✭✭✭✭

Auction down..........good work!

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great work getting it removed - AND - getting pictures. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    ms71ms71 Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭✭✭

Whoever put this one together wasn't trying too hard. It's got the NFC symbol on the back of the label, but not molded into the plastic on the lower left front of the slab.

Successful BST transactions: EagleEye, Christos, Proofmorgan,
    Coinlearner, Ahrensdad, Nolawyer, RG, coinlieutenant, Yorkshireman, lordmarcovan, Soldi, masscrew, JimTyler, Relaxn, jclovescoins

Now listen boy, I'm tryin' to teach you sumthin' . . . . that ain't an optical illusion, it only looks like an optical illusion.

My mind reader refuses to charge me....
  • Options
    Herb_THerb_T Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭✭✭

All the more reason to buy Gold Shield coins that have photos of the coin as well as slab number.

• Options
    Mr_SpudMr_Spud Posts: 4,806 ✭✭✭✭✭

That’s so crazy they tried putting a First Strike label on a coin minted in 1875. I guess the Pony Express had to take it directly from the Mint to PCGS 🧐

Mr_Spud

• Options
    Cranium_Basher73Cranium_Basher73 Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Mr_Spud said:
    That’s so crazy they tried putting a First Strike label on a coin minted in 1875. I guess the Pony Express had to take it directly from the Mint to PCGS 🧐

Either that or they figured time travel.

Throw a coin enough times, and suppose one day it lands on its edge.

• Options
    Downtown1974Downtown1974 Posts: 6,764 ✭✭✭✭✭

I love it when they’re that obvious. One look at the first pic and you can tell in a nano-second it’s a fake. At least the insert has the correct amount of prongs holding the coin in place. Usually they add an extra prong.

• Options
    FranklinHalfAddictFranklinHalfAddict Posts: 663 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’m not familiar with the normal FS label so I can’t comment on that. But there’s one security feature normally on the plastic that definitely isn’t on that holder.

• Options
    burfle23burfle23 Posts: 2,232 ✭✭✭✭✭

Barcode reads but a bad cert:

• Options

My example:

• Options

Seller ended the 1875-CC 1st strike auction...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file