Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Orlando Summer FUN show...

VorpaledgedVorpaledged Posts: 10
edited June 21, 2022 1:00PM in U.S. Coin Forum

Anyone attending the 2022 July 7th, 8th and 9th Orlando Summer FUN show? I've been thinking about going since I missed the January FUN show.

Comments

• Options
    1madman1madman Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭✭✭

It’s in Orlando. Yes I’m going

• Options
    P0CKETCHANGEP0CKETCHANGE Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭✭✭

Orange County Convention Center, Orlando, FL

http://www.funtopics.com/summer-fun.html

Nothing is as expensive as free money.

• Options
    SmudgeSmudge Posts: 9,302 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options
    lermishlermish Posts: 2,064 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm sure the show will be great and I hope everyone who goes has an amazing time!

But Orlando in July?🤢

• Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,554 ✭✭✭✭✭

Is it in Orlando or Tampa? You may want to change the title of this thread.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Vorpaledged.... Welcome aboard. Please be sure to post a show report....Cheers, RickO

• Options
    2ndCharter2ndCharter Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭✭✭

Anyone attending the 2022 July 7th, 8th and 9th Tampa Summer FUN show?

The FUN show website says Orlando - what show are you talking about?

Member ANA, SPMC, SCNA, FUN, CONECA

• Options

Sorry All! I meant Orlando. Thanks!

• Options
    coinbufcoinbuf Posts: 10,875 ✭✭✭✭✭

@lermish said:
    I'm sure the show will be great and I hope everyone who goes has an amazing time!

But Orlando in July?🤢

Is that really any different than Orlando in January? ;) The Florida weather forecast could just put up a sign that says hot and humid 365. :D

My Lincoln Registry
    My Collection of Old Holders

Never a slave to one plastic brand will I ever be.
  • Options
    Walkerguy21DWalkerguy21D Posts: 11,198 ✭✭✭✭✭

@coinbuf said:

@lermish said:

But Orlando in July?🤢

Is that really any different than Orlando in January? ;) The Florida weather forecast could just put up a sign that says hot and humid 365. :D

It’s currently 10 degrees hotter in northern Ohio than in central Florida today….

Successful BST transactions with 170 members. Recent: Tonedeaf, Shane6596, Piano1, Ikenefic, RG, PCGSPhoto, stman, Don'tTelltheWife, Boosibri, Ron1968, snowequities, VTchaser, jrt103, SurfinxHI, 78saen, bp777, FHC, RYK, JTHawaii, Opportunity, Kliao, bigtime36, skanderbeg, split37, thebigeng, acloco, Toninginthblood, OKCC, braddick, Coinflip, robcool, fastfreddie, tightbudget, DBSTrader2, nickelsciolist, relaxn, Eagle eye, soldi, silverman68, ElKevvo, sawyerjosh, Schmitz7, talkingwalnut2, konsole, sharkman987, sniocsu, comma, jesbroken, David1234, biosolar, Sullykerry, Moldnut, erwindoc, MichaelDixon, GotTheBug
  • Options

@Walkerguy21D said:

@coinbuf said:

@lermish said:

But Orlando in July?🤢

It’s currently 10 degrees hotter in northern Ohio than in central Florida today….

Its currently 18 degrees hotter (and climbing) here in AZ now, but way less humidity than there or where you are. I can deal with hot temps just fine but humidity just sucks the life out of me, that is why I'm perfectly happy being a desert rat.

My Lincoln Registry

• Options
    goldengolden Posts: 9,114 ✭✭✭✭✭

I went to Summer FUN last year only because I was worried that the ANA might cancel in August. It was a good show but just too far for me again.

• Options
    winestevenwinesteven Posts: 4,123 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’ll be there on that Friday, wearing a green BEP shirt that reads on the back, “The Buck Starts Here”, and the front has a Dollar bill. If you see me, say hi, and introduce yourself.

Steve

A day without fine wine and working on your coin collection is like a day without sunshine!!!

My collecting “Pride & Joy” is my PCGS Registry Dansco 7070 Set:
    https://www.pcgs.com/setregistry/type-sets/design-type-sets/complete-dansco-7070-modified-type-set-1796-date/publishedset/213996
  • Options
    paesanpaesan Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’ll be there Thursday at table 1215 giving Liz Coggan a helping hand. Please stop by and say hello!

Lenny

More coins, less government.
  • Options
    alefzeroalefzero Posts: 888 ✭✭✭✭✭

Doing the annual San Diego Coinarama instead. No big shows for us during the summer except the ANA WFoM.

• Options

@coinbuf said:

@Walkerguy21D said:

@coinbuf said:

@lermish said:

But Orlando in July?🤢

Its currently 18 degrees hotter (and climbing) here in AZ now, but way less humidity than there or where you are. I can deal with hot temps just fine but humidity just sucks the life out of me, that is why I'm perfectly happy being a desert rat.

I believe the Orlando Convention Center, hotels, and rental cars or Uber have air conditioning.

Steve

A day without fine wine and working on your coin collection is like a day without sunshine!!!

https://www.pcgs.com/setregistry/type-sets/design-type-sets/complete-dansco-7070-modified-type-set-1796-date/publishedset/213996
  • Options
    edited July 5, 2022 11:52AM

@winesteven said:

@coinbuf said:

@Walkerguy21D said:

@coinbuf said:

@lermish said:

But Orlando in July?🤢

I believe the Orlando Convention Center, hotels, and rental cars or Uber have air conditioning.

Steve

Yep the last hotel I stayed at in FL did have AC, and a smell of wet carpet and mold in places. And not a total fleebag motel either, a decent mid level four star type hotel. The rental car company I have reserved never arrived at the terminal to pick us up, after an hour of sweating in the humidity I finally called a cab and canceled the rental car. I'm happy for that you like it there, you can have it.

My Lincoln Registry

• Options
    amwldcoinamwldcoin Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

@winesteven said:

@coinbuf said:

@Walkerguy21D said:

@coinbuf said:

@lermish said:

But Orlando in July?🤢

Steve

It's the walk from the parking lot! If it's at a normal level above us here, which I suspect it is, you will be dripping sweat before you enter the show! 90's here with 90's% humidity.

• Options

Typical peak summer Orlando highs are 94 to 95. Typical daytime humidity is mid 60’s.

• Options
    nencoinnencoin Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭✭

I suspect it will be a good show, likely better than the LB show was.

• Options
    keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,458 ✭✭✭✭✭

I live about 90 minutes away. I highly recommend avoiding long conversations in the parking lot but if you just move efficiently to the safety of the A/C, you will be fine.

Looking forward to the FUN at FUN on Thursday.

"If it's not fun, it's not worth it." - KeyMan64
    Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:
  • Options
    MrEurekaMrEureka Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll be there. Expecting a really good show!

Andy Lustig

Doggedly collecting coins of the Central American Republic.

Visit the Society of US Pattern Collectors at USPatterns.com.
  • Options
    BarberianBarberian Posts: 3,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 5, 2022 8:41PM

@P0CKETCHANGE said:
    You all laugh, but it’s true! By the third day the parking lot is just littered with bodies that couldn’t make it inside before succumbing to heat stroke.

That's where I score my best deals.

You don't want to make a wrong turn, either. Look for the sweat trail.

3 rim nicks away from Good

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file