Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Happy Father's Day!!

Joe_360Joe_360 Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭✭✭

My Dad is the reason that I (and my Brother's) are coin collectors today. Started with Lincoln Wheat Cents.

Happy Father's Day!!! Share your hobby with someone you love...

Comments

• Options
    bigmarty58bigmarty58 Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭✭✭

Happy Fathers Day!

Enthusiastic collector of British pre-decimal and Canadian decimal circulation coins.
  • Options
    Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,650 ✭✭✭✭✭

Happy Father’s Day to all the dads and those who kindly stand in and preform the job for some lucky kids.
    Thank you all. 😉🙀🦫

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• Options
    ParadisefoundParadisefound Posts: 8,588 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 19, 2022 10:14AM

❤️ To all the Fathers Here and Above 😘

May your day be filled with surprises and little reminders of how SPECIAL you are!

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,602 ✭✭✭✭✭

All the best to the fathers today

• Options
    jedmjedm Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭✭✭

"My father didn’t tell me how to live. He lived, and let me watch him do it."

• Clarence Budington Kelland
    • I've always liked this quote because it explains how it was with my dad.
  • Options

A gift from a forum member.

• Options
    edited June 19, 2022 4:20PM

Grandson (8) Presented grandpa with a new beaver 🦫, he’s been watching as I have started collecting beaver SCD advertising coins and an assortment of lovely Canadian nickels and silver commemoratives 👍🏼 Boy has a great sense of humor and an interesting outlook on collecting. Coins, currency, figures, pictures, stamps and trading cards, are interconnected. 😉🙀🦫

![](https://us.v-cdn.net/6027503/uploads/editor/8b/dhnn58yfak8w.jpeg "")

• Options
    crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 19, 2022 5:15PM

HAPPY FATHERS DAY
    My father is also the reason I collect coins. It started in the late 50’s. I was 8 years old. My father was a collector also. Once it gets in your bones it never leaves but possibly goes dormant but then rises again with great vigor. This happened to me in my early 20’s for a few years as I had more important things on my mind😜
    I wish all father a great day today,
    Joe

The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • Options
    Joe_360Joe_360 Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very cool! Thanks for sharing!!> @crazyhounddog said:

HAPPY FATHERS DAY
    My father is also the reason I collect coins. It started in the late 50’s. I was 8 years old. My father was a collector also. Once it gets in your bones it never leaves but possibly goes dormant but then rises again with great vigor. This happened to me in my early 20’s for a few years as I had more important things on my mind😜
    I wish all father a great day today,
    Joe

Very similar, didn't focus on coins too much during my 20s, but then came back. stay in your blood... Thanks or sharing...

• Options
    WQuarterFreddieWQuarterFreddie Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options
    USMarine6USMarine6 Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have say that today was the best day I've had in a long while. My oldest coached his first little league all star game this weekend and my other two made students of the year for their respective classes. Most of my family was over today for a lobster feast. Man life couldn't be better

• Options
    pursuitoflibertypursuitofliberty Posts: 6,625 ✭✭✭✭✭

Happy Fathers Day! To all the Dad's, and even the Mom-Dad's if we have any

I'm a Dad and a Dad-Mom ... and this year for the first time, a Grand Dad too! :)

“We are only their care-takers,” he posed, “if we take good care of them, then centuries from now they may still be here … ”

Todd - BHNC #242
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

A good day indeed... Three lovely daughters make a great day.... Cheers, RickO

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file