Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Goldberg Long Beach Auction- Has anyone been able to view the catalog?

liefgoldliefgold Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

This auction posted on their site a few days ago. I cannot get the catalog to open by clicking on it or hitting any of the other buttons, Anyone else have this problem?
https://goldbergcoins.com/

liefgold

Comments

• Options
    2ndCharter2ndCharter Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭✭✭

There is a way to get in there and look at the lots but you've got to jump through quite a few hoops and have lots of patience. Talk about a totally UN-friendly website. You would think they would spend a few bucks and hire a webmaster who knows what he's doing.

Member ANA, SPMC, SCNA, FUN, CONECA

• Options
    lilolmelilolme Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭✭✭

.> @liefgold said:

This auction posted on their site a few days ago. I cannot get the catalog to open by clicking on it or hitting any of the other buttons, Anyone else have this problem?

Never have used their auction. But at the linked page there are lot numbers like 1 - 584 and those are links to open the catalog

https://youtube.com/watch?v=2YNufnS_kf4 - Mama I'm coming home ...................................................................................................................................................................... RLJ 1958 - 2023

• Options
    Walkerguy21DWalkerguy21D Posts: 11,153 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good reminder, I need to check out the large cents.

Successful BST transactions with 170 members. Recent: Tonedeaf, Shane6596, Piano1, Ikenefic, RG, PCGSPhoto, stman, Don'tTelltheWife, Boosibri, Ron1968, snowequities, VTchaser, jrt103, SurfinxHI, 78saen, bp777, FHC, RYK, JTHawaii, Opportunity, Kliao, bigtime36, skanderbeg, split37, thebigeng, acloco, Toninginthblood, OKCC, braddick, Coinflip, robcool, fastfreddie, tightbudget, DBSTrader2, nickelsciolist, relaxn, Eagle eye, soldi, silverman68, ElKevvo, sawyerjosh, Schmitz7, talkingwalnut2, konsole, sharkman987, sniocsu, comma, jesbroken, David1234, biosolar, Sullykerry, Moldnut, erwindoc, MichaelDixon, GotTheBug
  • Options
    LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

@liefgold said:

you can click 1-548 etc. the lot number ranges and it will go to the offerings.

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

• Options

@LanceNewmanOCC said:

you can click 1-548 etc. the lot number ranges and it will go to the offerings.

Thanks! That works.

liefgold
  • Options

That is the smallest selection of coins I have ever seen from them.

liefgold
  • Options
    alaura22alaura22 Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭✭✭

I always have to call them because they don't put the cert #s on the lots

• Options

@liefgold said:

Did you click all the links?
    8 links and 2500+ lots.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=2YNufnS_kf4 - Mama I'm coming home ...................................................................................................................................................................... RLJ 1958 - 2023

• Options
    goldengolden Posts: 9,072 ✭✭✭✭✭

I see nothing.

• Options

That didn't take long, zero for me

• Options
    mtn_scoutmtn_scout Posts: 98 ✭✭✭

Anyone else register and notice the buyer's premium contradiction? (or maybe it's just me) 15% listed on the web but 20% was listed when I registered to bid.

• Options

@mtn_scout said:
    Anyone else register and notice the buyer's premium contradiction? (or maybe it's just me) 15% listed on the web but 20% was listed when I registered to bid.

Yes, I saw it also, Just a very poor website and auction house, who doesn't show the coin in the holder an the cert #?
    IMO

• Options

@lilolme said:

@liefgold said:

8 links and 2500+ lots.

Only 898 US coins. That is quite small for a company that only holds two or three auctions a year.
    Looks like they are moving toward more world coins.

liefgold
  • Options

@liefgold said:

@lilolme said:

@liefgold said:

8 links and 2500+ lots.

Only 898 US coins. That is quite small for a company that only holds two or three auctions a year.
    Looks like they are moving toward more world coins.

Got it. It might be that they are moving toward anything that they can get. It seems the auctions in general don't get what they use to get (except when the big ones come out). Dealer inventory also seems smaller in general.

• Options
    willywilly Posts: 285 ✭✭✭✭✭

The website leaves a lot to be desired from the little time I just spent on it. Have to click on the coin to see if it is certified and what the grade is on my iPad. Takes forever to navigate.

• Options
    BoosibriBoosibri Posts: 11,877 ✭✭✭✭✭

The quality of the world coins is poor and has been for a while

• Options
    LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

i saw some things i'm interested in, if anyone remembers to bump this thread when it goes live, i'd appreciate it. :)

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

• Options
    mtn_scoutmtn_scout Posts: 98 ✭✭✭

It's much bigger than the last pre-long beach auction so I'm happy... well I might be happy if I win!

• Options
    goldengolden Posts: 9,072 ✭✭✭✭✭

I finally got the thing to open today. There is actually one coin on which I will place a bid.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file