Home U.S. Coin Forum

I'll never make it as a coin photographer...

jayPemjayPem Posts: 4,074 ✭✭✭✭✭

I can only seem to capture what is ugly about this coin.. tried it in all sorts of different light and still yuck.
Fortunately, it's quite a bit better looking than it actually needs to be...😄

Comments

• Herb_THerb_T Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks fine to me!

• privatecoinprivatecoin Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭✭✭

The pictures are better than you give yourself credit for.

Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value. Zero. Voltaire. Ebay coinbowlllc

• jayPemjayPem Posts: 4,074 ✭✭✭✭✭

@privatecoin said:
    The pictures are better than you give yourself credit for.

Heh heh...now I'm blushing 😅

• crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,955 ✭✭✭✭✭

They look pretty good to me👍

The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • Herb_THerb_T Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭✭✭

Taking the photo is 1/3 of the equation….the rest is in the processing of the photo. If you don’t have a photo adjust program, get yourself an inexpensive version to work the photo.

• silverpopsilverpop Posts: 6,670 ✭✭✭✭✭

my photos aren't that good either so don't feel too bad :#

1997-present

• lkeneficlkenefic Posts: 8,159 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 9, 2022 8:33PM

Seriously? Your photos look pretty good to me... but then, my images are so bad that people can't tell if my coins are actually real or not... ;)

Collecting: Dansco 7070; Middle Date Large Cents (VF-AU); Box of 20;

Successful BST transactions with: SilverEagles92; Ahrensdad; Smitty; GregHansen; Lablade; Mercury10c; copperflopper; whatsup; KISHU1; scrapman1077, crispy, canadanz, smallchange, robkool, Mission16, ranshdow, ibzman350, Fallguy, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, jwitten, Walkerguy21D, dsessom.
  • jayPemjayPem Posts: 4,074 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like these love tokens that have the engraving over the top of the devices, makes it easier to attribute.
    1821-103a.. R4?

• pursuitoflibertypursuitofliberty Posts: 6,797 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jayPem said:
    I like these love tokens that have the engraving over the top of the devices, makes it easier to attribute.
    1821-103a.. R4?

That's what she is, of course. Nice find!!

And I agree, your images aren't THAT bad. At least we know what we're looking at and about what color it is!

“We are only their care-takers,” he posed, “if we take good care of them, then centuries from now they may still be here … ”

Todd - BHNC #242
  • ParadisefoundParadisefound Posts: 8,588 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks like a pro job to be; wait till I show you what mine looks like ….. then you’ll blushing to no end ❤️🤔🥰

• hifisapihifisapi Posts: 42 ✭✭

the key to good photography is lighting;

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jayPem .... Way better than my photographs.... I will work hard to achieve your level of competence. Cheers, RickO

• johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 28,134 ✭✭✭✭✭

its a whole lot better then my photos thats for sure

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file