Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Playing with Jefferson

labloverlablover Posts: 3,605 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 26, 2022 10:52AM in U.S. Coin Forum

So, I have a complete raw Library of Coins set of Jefferson Nickles. Built the set many, many years ago and never got around to doing images. Well, I was bored this morning and thought I'd shoot a few. I spent no time adjusting the lighting for each coin, just set it and took only some obverse shots.

Just thought I'd share a mixture of dates and mints, which are not identified.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

Comments

• Options
    edited February 26, 2022 10:54AM

Oops, dup..

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
  • Options
    crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,824 ✭✭✭✭✭

Those are all great looking Jeff’s and your imaging is also very well done.
    Thanks for showing them.

The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • Options
    edited February 26, 2022 11:33AM

@crazyhounddog said:
    Those are all great looking Jeff’s and your imaging is also very well done.
    Thanks for showing them.

Thanks Joe, but the lighting really was not right. Here's the above 1947-S, 45 and 49-D taken out of the album and the lighting adjusted. This is what most of them look like.

vs.

vs

vs

• Options
    coinnutcoinnut Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭✭✭

Gorgeous set.

• Options
    moursundmoursund Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've always liked the 'strong jaw' on well-struck Jeffersons.

100th pint of blood donated 7/19/2022 B) . Transactions with WilliamF, Relaxn, LukeMarshal, jclovescoins, braddick, JWP, Weather11am, Fairlaneman, Dscoins, lordmarcovan, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, JimW. God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that who so believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life.
  • Options
    WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,361 ✭✭✭✭✭

Would not mind seeing pics of the reverses. Great pics of the obverses.
    Wayne

Kennedys are my quest...

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,538 ✭✭✭✭✭

A beautiful set :)

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@lablover.... Great pictures, however, I must ask.... Why no 1942 Jefferson??? Seems like you are missing a very good year ;) Cheers, RickO

• Options

@ricko said:
    @lablover.... Great pictures, however, I must ask.... Why no 1942 Jefferson??? Seems like you are missing a very good year ;) Cheers, RickO

It's a complete set, I just haven't imaged all the coins. Think I'll begin to pull each from the album and image again better adjusting the lighting, etc.

• Options

Thanks all for the nice comments!!!

• Options
    gumby1234gumby1234 Posts: 5,436 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice looking group of Jeffs

Successful BST with ad4400, Kccoin, lablover, pointfivezero, koynekwest, jwitten, coin22lover, HalfDimeDude, erwindoc, jyzskowsi, COINS MAKE CENTS, AlanSki, BryceM

• Options

@lablover.... Thanks for the reply.... That being a very special year (to me), I noticed the absence. ;) Cheers, RickO

• Options
    Che_GrapesChe_Grapes Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ricko said:
    @lablover.... Thanks for the reply.... That being a very special year (to me), I noticed the absence. ;) Cheers, RickO

Rick are you a 1942 womb graduate?

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,679 ✭✭✭✭✭

Really nice set of nickels. Toning is warm and pleasing to the eye. Why no 1950 and 50-D? Thanks for sharing. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options
    edited February 27, 2022 11:39AM

@ricko said:

Since you asked, but just the obverses.

1942-I

1942-D-I

1942-II

1942-S-II

• Options

@Namvet69 said:
    Really nice set of nickels. Toning is warm and pleasing to the eye. Why no 1950 and 50-D? Thanks for sharing. Peace Roy

Just haven't imaged those, yet.

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,679 ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh okay, I've calmed down. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options
    jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice @lablover Thanks for sharing. Beautiful coins.
    I have a complete Dansco with proofs that I spent a long time putting together. Each coin was picked individually and very pickily chosen, I might add.
    Jim

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain
  • Options
    moursundmoursund Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ricko said:

You a war baby? 😀

100th pint of blood donated 7/19/2022 B) . Transactions with WilliamF, Relaxn, LukeMarshal, jclovescoins, braddick, JWP, Weather11am, Fairlaneman, Dscoins, lordmarcovan, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, JimW. God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that who so believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life.
  • Options

@lablover... Thank you.... I feel much better now.
    @Che_Grapes.... Yes!!
    @moursund.... Yes!! But not a baby boomer.....I was before that population surge.
    Cheers, RickO

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file