Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

20. 36. 42.

My three favorite ladies. All found in the same year, same store, same register. The pride of my collection. Especially the 20.

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 9, 2022 1:23PM

Very nice.

• Options

Thank you @Hydrant

• Options
    291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,971 ✭✭✭✭✭

All three have been cleaned. I hope you are not cleaning your finds.

All glory is fleeting.
  • Options

I am because I do not intend on selling. I know it lowers the value.

• Options
    ifthevamzarockinifthevamzarockin Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice cash register finds! :)

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,312 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ca-ching

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

The first one I found, asked dude if he wanted the change. He says, its takes a penny and half to make a penny. Pennies are ruining the economy. I said ight boss and scooped it. Lol that's why I love my job. People leave all the goodies.

• Options
    pursuitoflibertypursuitofliberty Posts: 6,623 ✭✭✭✭✭

@291fifth said:
    All three have been cleaned. I hope you are not cleaning your finds.

@RottenBeard said:
    I am because I do not intend on selling. I know it lowers the value.

Even if you do not intend to sell, this comment hurts to read.

Please see my tag line ...

“We are only their care-takers,” he posed, “if we take good care of them, then centuries from now they may still be here … ”

Todd - BHNC #242
  • Options

Lol I'm sorry @pursuitofliberty. I hear it all the time. Trust me. I truly understand the need to keep them original. But I just hate not being able to see my history lol and I'm new and don't know what the a tag line is lol

• Options

@TomB thank you tom.. I've been hearing it forever. I have not intetion on resale. I strickly collect. All my silver stays polished. I like to see my history. And plus, in the very long run. It's the precious metal I'm more interested in. If and when the dollar crashes. It's melting time.

• Options

Also, merc dimes don't have an insane payout. It's not like I've got a 16-D

• Options
    joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,941 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice Merc's you have there!
    <3B)

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options

Dude! @joeykoins. Someone today said I remind them of you. Don't know of or why. This is my first day lmao. It's in one of my post. Thank you sir.

• Options

For you. Yes. Not me. I love that my 100 year old is gleaming and extremely visible. I understand the beauty of it. But I don't want that in my collection. Thank you Again Todd. 😊

• Options
    OldhoopsterOldhoopster Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭✭✭

@RottenBeard said:
    Lol I'm sorry @pursuitofliberty. I hear it all the time. Trust me. I truly understand the need to keep them original. But I just hate not being able to see my history lol and I'm new and don't know what the a tag line is lol

Many collectors feel that we are only stewards of our collections, protecting the coins for future generations of collectors. That might seem a little trite, but look at the shear number of posts that discuss really nice coins that have been cleaned and now reside in "details" holders. Really nice, significant coins permanently damaged because somebody wanted them to look nice

The good news is your coins appear to be tied to bullion value, so cleaning doesn't do much to reduce the value as @TomB said.
    Personally, I don't enjoy looking at coins that the owner has knowingly damaged, and I suspect many others feel the same way. Something to consider

Another cleaning project to make things look better

Member of the ANA since 1982
  • Options

🤯 I knew people didn't like it. But Chirst. I'm sorry you are all so offended. Coin collecting is a dying bread. I literally know no one, I'm sorry that you have some weird future connection to it and I'm "destroying" it for you all. The majority of collectors die, goes to kids that typically don't care. Either gets sold or back into circulation and destroyed and lost forever. One day, doesn't matter what It is. All the worlds coins aren't gonna be worth a damn.

• Options

This is why I haven't been on fb or have used any social media since 12' everyone has to be so judgmental and has to interject their superiority.

• Options
    ifthevamzarockinifthevamzarockin Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well you have figured out cleaning isn't popular around here and it's best not to do it. :D

On circulated coins tied to bullion or other coins of little numismatic value if you like them better go ahead and clean them.
    It will be many years before someone is hoping to find a 1942 dime in VF with an original skin, and even then they should be able to find dozens.

The best idea is to use caution and do a little research before you clean them, it would suck if you found a $1,000 dime and improved the look down to $500. You can always clean it later once done you can't un-clean it. Now that you are here you can post photos and see if the experts here notice anything about your coin before you clean it. ;)

• Options

Omg. No one listens. IDC.

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,312 ✭✭✭✭✭

yeah, well, keep those cleaning agents away from your 1916-D mercury and such

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    vulcanizevulcanize Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭✭✭

@RottenBeard said:

Your coins, your choice. But posting it in a forum like this would elicit such responses because it is considered blasphemy and a dis-service to them. ;)

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice change finds.... You certainly are entitled to do as you wish with your coins. Just understand that it bothers most collectors. I also prefer blast white silver coins... However, I do not clean my coins, I just search for those well preserved ones. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    jayPemjayPem Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭✭✭

@RottenBeard said:

"The cops don't need you and man they expect the same.."

• Options
    lkeigwinlkeigwin Posts: 16,888 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you must have your coins without any natural toning or tarnish at least look into a safer way. Rubbing, polishing, and wiping are dreadful practices. Buy some e-Z-est and follow directions.
    Lance.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file