2»

Comments

• Options
    ifthevamzarockinifthevamzarockin Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for posting! :)

You're a Peach. ;)

• Options
    ZoidMeisterZoidMeister Posts: 3,022 ✭✭✭✭✭

I recently received a couple Christmas cards from the QuarterMaster with two new additions.

Z

Busy chasing Carr's . . . . . woof!

Successful BST transactions with: Bullsitter, Downtown1974, P0CKETCHANGE, Twobitcollector, AKbeez, DCW, Illini420, ProofCollection, DCarr, Cazkaboom, RichieURich, LukeMarshall, carew4me, BustDMs, coinsarefun, PreTurb, felinfoal, jwitten, GoldenEgg, pruebas, lazybones, COCollector, CuKevin, MWallace, USMC_6115, NamVet69, zippcity, . . . . who'd I forget?

• Options

@ZoidMeister Congrats! Thanks for posting them! :)

I have no clue what they mean, maybe some other members can help out. ;)

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 18, 2021 12:32PM

Off the top of my head, the Indiana quarter has the Roman numerals for 805 km.

How long is that car race they have there? ;)

• Options

@JBK said: "How long is that car race they have there?" ;)

I think you nailed it. :)

Indianapolis 500
    500 miles = 804.672 km
    The roman numeral DCCCV is 805

• Options

@ifthevamzarockin said:
    The roman numeral DCCCV is 805

I edited my post - I knew that. No idea why the typo!

• Options
    ZoidMeisterZoidMeister Posts: 3,022 ✭✭✭✭✭

So far, so good.

I know the meaning for the Iowa quarter but I won't spoil it for y'all . . .

Z

@ifthevamzarockin said:
    @ZoidMeister Congrats! Thanks for posting them! :)

I have no clue what they mean, maybe some other members can help out. ;)

Busy chasing Carr's . . . . . woof!

Successful BST transactions with: Bullsitter, Downtown1974, P0CKETCHANGE, Twobitcollector, AKbeez, DCW, Illini420, ProofCollection, DCarr, Cazkaboom, RichieURich, LukeMarshall, carew4me, BustDMs, coinsarefun, PreTurb, felinfoal, jwitten, GoldenEgg, pruebas, lazybones, COCollector, CuKevin, MWallace, USMC_6115, NamVet69, zippcity, . . . . who'd I forget?

• Options

I found this one a few weeks ago, and I'd like to return it to it's owner.

Looks like an original. Anyone know how to snail mail the infamous "QuarterMaster"?

• Options

It's mine. Send it to me. ;)

But seriously. They're counterstamped and then spent. Why would the person responsible want it back? You are the owner.

• Options

@JBK said:
    It's mine. Send it to me. ;)

But seriously. They're counterstamped and then spent. Why would the person responsible want it back? You are the owner.

I'm hoping he'll see my return address, see all the hard work i put in, and maybe he'll put me on the mailing list. ;)
    I actually won a contest over on CT that won me 8 or 10 of these. I realized, they're not meant to be kept. I release all I've found, as well. Except for this one. This one is his.

• Options

@CoinJockey73 said:
    I found this one a few weeks ago, and I'd like to return it to it's owner.

Looks like an original. Anyone know how to snail mail the infamous "QuarterMaster"?

How interesting. I found one today as well. Do you find them often?

Nice background. I use black construction paper. You?

• Options

How could this thread just end all of a sudden? You guys got something better to do? Not possible. This is awesome! I found a Connecticut quarter with five numbers in it. I believe they are 06320. I’ll post pictures later. Anyways, I was hoping it was some experimental coin from the mint, but honestly I think this is even cooler. Plus does nobody notice that last commenter is most likely the quartermaster?! That Hass to be you isn’t it sir? If it is thank you very much for adding another cool twist to my numismatic dealings. I’m gonna start tracking these things down. Let me know if I can be any assistance. And just a heads up, I recently moved to the springs in the street has a royal title. 😏

• Options

06320 is New London, CT. Not sure of the reference.

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,419 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JBK said:
    06320 is New London, CT. Not sure of the reference.

the charter oak was in hartford

hmmm....

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    KurisuKurisu Posts: 1,875 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've been finding them regularly for years in rolls here in the Denver area.
    I've been told I may have a larger collection of them than the folks who've managed to get on the QuarterMasters mailing list lol.

I still sure would love to get on that list somehow :smile:

I've posted many of them in other forums but never spotted this thread.
    Found my most recent one a month ago in a Loomis roll...

Coins are Neato!

"If it's a penny for your thoughts and you put in your two cents worth, then someone...somewhere...is making a penny." - Steven Wright

• Options
    edited May 24, 2024 7:35PM

@Kurisu said:
    I've been finding them regularly for years in rolls here in the Denver area.
    I've been told I may have a larger collection of them than the folks who've managed to get on the QuarterMasters mailing list lol.

I still sure would love to get on that list somehow :smile:

I've posted many of them in other forums but never spotted this thread.
    Found my most recent one a month ago in a Loomis roll...

Ah yes...the NJ quarter. The pun is that a Jersey is a kind of cow, so a "new Jersey" is a "young cow".

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file