Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Affordable Addiction

CoinscratchCoinscratch Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭✭✭

Silver! Is it just me or do you seem to pick up silver every time you’re on the hunt?

They may not have what I’m looking for but they always have silver.

Post some if you get it!
Today’s silver B)

Comments

• Options

Damn! You really are addicted :D

• Options
    edgaredgar Posts: 886 ✭✭✭✭

@CoinscratchFever said:

I call it "feining" :D

(l8-)>>

• Options
    moursundmoursund Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭✭✭

@edgar said:

@CoinscratchFever said:

I call it "feining" :D

My whiskers are shot with silver, but not my veins.

100th pint of blood donated 7/19/2022 B) . Transactions with WilliamF, Relaxn, LukeMarshal, jclovescoins, braddick, JWP, Weather11am, Fairlaneman, Dscoins, lordmarcovan, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, JimW. God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that who so believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life.
  • Options
    pmh1nicpmh1nic Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's an addiction but I try to exercise some self-control. It's hard when one side of your brain says "don't do it" while the other side argues "it's a long term store of wealth" :).

The longer I live the more convincing proofs I see of this truth, that God governs in the affairs of men. And if a sparrow cannot fall to the ground without His notice is it possible for an empire to rise without His aid? Benjamin Franklin
  • Options

@Smudge said:
    Nothing wrong with picking up a little inflation insurance.

I recently talked to a coin dealer while on vacation in Florida. Not sure if he was just trying to sell me but he thinks silver is going over $50 in the near future. Regardless I’m stacking again.

• Options
    SmudgeSmudge Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CoinscratchFever said:

@Smudge said:
    Nothing wrong with picking up a little inflation insurance.

I recently talked to a coin dealer while on vacation in Florida. Not sure if he was just trying to sell me but he thinks silver is going over $50 in the near future. Regardless I’m stacking again.

I wish I had a dollar for every time I have heard that, but I think it will continue to follow inflation.

• Options

Nice looking.

• Options

Those are choice!

• Options
    SimpleCollectorSimpleCollector Posts: 536 ✭✭✭✭✭

I used to be in the silver addiction, but lately it’s the 1/10th ounce gold coins. It’s just my weakness.

That said, was talking to my LCS today and I commented that he was wiped out of silver, where as he was overflowing last week. He said with the recent drop, his major stackers have been accumulating. They think silver has a big move coming. 1000 ounce bars have been in demand.

As I am but a bit player, I still can’t get silver bars for a reasonable premium over spot. His comments and what I have seen in the shops lately has me thinking about adding some, if I can get it at a reasonable premium.

• Options

@coinsarefun What a cool array of interesting pieces. Obviously worth more than just melt.
    I thought about trading up to a 1 oz gold once I hit 75 silvers but then I would lose all of the uniqueness and variety.

• Options

@SimpleCollector I also have a weakness for 2.5 Indians. Gotta pony up a lil bit more for those.

• Options
    Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,651 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 3, 2021 10:31PM

2 silver little guys 😉

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• Options
    SonnyDSonnyD Posts: 190 ✭✭✭

Same. If it's silver it's mine. Couple Venezuelan Bolívars and Peace at the local antique store. Little roached but ya know ... addicted.

Ounce by ounce the stack grows .

• Options
    coinsarefuncoinsarefun Posts: 21,664 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks....I just added another one today. Heraldic Art Medals have got to be one of the coolest under rated
    half dollar commemoratives. Some can be had for a very reasonable amount. Others are quite expensive but overall
    if bought right its a very cool series to get into.

@CoinscratchFever said:
    @coinsarefun What a cool array of interesting pieces. Obviously worth more than just melt.
    I thought about trading up to a 1 oz gold once I hit 75 silvers but then I would lose all of the uniqueness and variety.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have a lot of silver.... last couple of years, only acquire the new mint products.... Cheers, RickO

• Options

You don't win by accumulating the most wealth. Silver, gold, bitcoin, whatever... I'm working to figure out what is the answer, but hoarding ain't it. Still, silver is pretty!

100th pint of blood donated 7/19/2022 B) . Transactions with WilliamF, Relaxn, LukeMarshal, jclovescoins, braddick, JWP, Weather11am, Fairlaneman, Dscoins, lordmarcovan, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, JimW. God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that who so believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life.
  • Options

@bsshog40 said:
    @edgar That shot is cool!

Ebay find, there were a few varieties, nice novelty.

(l8-)>>

• Options

@Eldorado9 said:

I knew someone would tease me with a MMXX Union (very hard to find :( )

(l8-)>>

• Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,894 ✭✭✭✭✭

I love the 2 1/2 Gulden in silver!

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,200 ✭✭✭✭✭

You people need to stop by the precious metals forum

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

@MsMorrisine said:

You people need to stop buying the precious metals for 'em?

• Options

@MsMorrisine said:

Why?

• Options

We need the people talking about your various pm interests and viewpoints

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

@MsMorrisine said:

Cool, I’ll go check it out later. Don’t think I’ve ever even been there.

• Options

@CoinscratchFever said:

@MsMorrisine said:

Bring friends

• Options

@MsMorrisine said:

@CoinscratchFever said:

@MsMorrisine said:

Bring friends

So you’re serious not just being facetious?

• Options

Yeah seriously

It’s mostly the same small number of people. It’d be nice to fill the ranks.

• Options

@MsMorrisine said:
    Yeah seriously

It’s mostly the same small number of people. It’d be nice to fill the ranks.

I don’t think I can simply move the thread over there but perhaps start a new one of the same?.

• Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,291 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CoinscratchFever said:

I don’t think I can simply move the thread over there but perhaps start a new one of the same?.

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• Options

I feel like I might be getting played here :D I was just trying to be nice, trust me my gut instinct was a whole nother answer.

• Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,894 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 6, 2021 8:58PM

I picked this high relief silver medallion earlier this year;

images by @robec

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    edited December 5, 2021 9:17PM

Interesting, I vaguely remember that from US history my freshman year ‘81.
    I think these days kids are learning that in fifth grade, if at all any more.

• Options
    ShaunBC5ShaunBC5 Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭✭✭

We had Oklahoma history as a freshman (required). They didn’t give me a silver medallion, though.
    I’ve got a medal of some kind commemorating the state, but I don’t think it’s silver. I should re-find that.
    I need to pick up more silver. Not because it’s going to $50, just because I want some more.

• Options

Got my fix today.

• Options

@Meltdown I got a laugh out of that Camel Jockey uh, missile launcher :D

• Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,410 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CoinscratchFever said:
    @Meltdown I got a laugh out of that Camel Jockey uh, missile launcher :D

That camel didn't think it was so funny. :#

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options

My Fever just came down - Thanks Heather :D

• Options

Found some toners and silver toners Yesterday. View from 4th floor Hotel Galvez and not suite 501 😬

• Options

Some recent pick ups including the toners above. Tomorrow sounds like a good day to find more ;)

• Options
    JMS1223JMS1223 Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭✭✭

@SimpleCollector said:
    I used to be in the silver addiction, but lately it’s the 1/10th ounce gold coins. It’s just my weakness.

I got some silver but like you said, I am wanting to trade it for a 1/10 ounce gold coin.

• Options

@JMS1223 said:

@SimpleCollector said:

I got some silver but like you said, I am wanting to trade it for a 1/10 ounce gold coin.

I'll likely do the same except I'll trade up to $10 to $20 gold pieces. It's currently about 81:1 ratio which will take up 80 times less space and it's easier to build incrementally rather than dropping 2k at once. It may be difficult to find someone to trade all that silver for gold and you might have to sell then buy separately.
    However, silver sells fast on the BST.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file