Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Breakfast of Champions - picture added - WINNER ANNOUNCED

moursundmoursund Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 7, 2021 7:22PM in U.S. Coin Forum

What is the Breakfast of Champions? A novel by Kurt Vonnegut? A Breakfast Cereal? Wheaties, perhaps?

In the great tradition of giveaways, and in appreciation of the @Jzyskowski1 giveaway, here is mine:

Do you like wheaties, and want a couple of pounds, good variety dates and mints, to search for cherries?
Probably no key dates, but plenty of dark copper to squint at.
I'll throw in a few indian cents as well.
Also maybe some other stuff, since I'll have a small flat rate box to fill...
Edited to add: @Jzyskowski1 did a giveaway for a very nice coin. I'll endeavor to make this one of commensurate generosity.

To join this giveaway, please AGREE with this post. I'm Agreedy guy, and I want to see that agree!
You are agreeing that you actually want some wheaties to search, and not just tuck them away somewhere forever,
You are also agreeing to inform the forum of anything interesting you find.

You can post replies to this thread if you like, but it is the AGREE to this post that will enter you.

EDITED to add: Apparently I can only see the names of up to 10 'agree' contributors. So please agree and leave a reply to enter. :smile:

6pm PST Sunday 07 November, or sometime after that if I forget, I'll look how many entries there are, select one of them randomly, and announce the winner.

Agreed? :smile:

Good luck! And if you win this giveaway, consider holding one yourself.
am

100th pint of blood donated 7/19/2022 B) . Transactions with WilliamF, Relaxn, LukeMarshal, jclovescoins, braddick, JWP, Weather11am, Fairlaneman, Dscoins, lordmarcovan, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, JimW. God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that who so believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life.

Comments

• Options

Come to think of it, if you AGREE to the above post, go ahead and add a reply if you would be so kind... that will keep this thread "topped up" for a couple of days, and I won't need to "TTT" it.

100th pint of blood donated 7/19/2022 B) . Transactions with WilliamF, Relaxn, LukeMarshal, jclovescoins, braddick, JWP, Weather11am, Fairlaneman, Dscoins, lordmarcovan, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, JimW. God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that who so believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life.
  • Options
    ms71ms71 Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭✭✭

Count me in.

Successful BST transactions: EagleEye, Christos, Proofmorgan,
    Coinlearner, Ahrensdad, Nolawyer, RG, coinlieutenant, Yorkshireman, lordmarcovan, Soldi, masscrew, JimTyler, Relaxn, jclovescoins

Now listen boy, I'm tryin' to teach you sumthin' . . . . that ain't an optical illusion, it only looks like an optical illusion.

My mind reader refuses to charge me....
  • Options
    Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,650 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 5, 2021 5:55PM

I shall count myself ineligible but my grandson is in please. Nice prize its sure in the spirit of things! Thanks on behalf of grandson. Jzyskowski
    Agree

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• Options
    Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

Keep in mind that you cannot see more than 10 people on the agree tab, even if 50 people agreed. They will have to make a post in order for you to see everyone.

• Options

I had 70+ entries last time. 😉

• Options
    jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,415 ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree.
    Jim

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain
  • Options
    calgolddivercalgolddiver Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭✭✭

i must agree !

Top 25 Type Set 1792 to present

Top 10 Cal Fractional Type Set

successful BST with Ankurj, BigAl, Bullsitter, CommemKing, DCW(7), Elmerfusterpuck, Joelewis, Mach1ne, Minuteman810430, Modcrewman, Nankraut, Nederveit2, Philographer(5), Realgator, Silverpop, SurfinxHI, TomB and Yorkshireman(3)

• Options
    Klif50Klif50 Posts: 664 ✭✭✭✭

Very generous of you. Interesting because sitting in front of me is a can of wheaties I bought off ebay about 10 or so years ago. I've never counted them (supposed to be about 13 or 14 dollars worth) and I've never looked through them. But, I went ahead a got a Dansco album 1909 - 1958 and soon I will open up my can and start filling in the slots. I don't expect to find anything great but I do love putting coins in the slots.

If I win your give away then I'll be that further along with filling it up.

I'm sure it will end up with a lot of empty slots but that doesn't hurt my feelings, it'll be a great starter set for my grand kids if they every show any interest in collecting coins.

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,602 ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree

• Options

@Batman23 said:
    Keep in mind that you cannot see more than 10 people on the agree tab, even if 50 people agreed. They will have to make a post in order for you to see everyone.

Really?! Ok, I will amend the rules. Thanks!
    am

• Options
    joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,948 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cool Giveaway!

I Agree.
    ‐--------------------------
    I= informative

A= Alluring
    G= Generous
    R= Registry
    E= Emotional
    E= Entertaining

All describing our PCGS Forum.
    Great People
    Great Coins
    Great Host
    Thanks for the offer.
    :)

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,698 ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree for sure! Wheaties is the breakfast of champions. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options
    edited November 5, 2021 4:37PM

To the Top!

So far:

joeykoins
    calgolddiver
    AugandAG
    Klif50
    jesbroken
    bsshog40
    Batman23
    ms71

@johnny9434 responded, but apparently didn't hit the agree button. Please agree to THIS post!
    @Steven59 responded, but apparently didn't hit the agree button. Please agree to THIS post!
    @Jzyskowski1 responded, but apparently didn't hit the agree button. Please agree to THIS post!

• Options
    gumby1234gumby1234 Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭✭✭

Love Wheaties. I agree

Successful BST with ad4400, Kccoin, lablover, pointfivezero, koynekwest, jwitten, coin22lover, HalfDimeDude, erwindoc, jyzskowsi, COINS MAKE CENTS, AlanSki, BryceM

• Options
    Larrob37Larrob37 Posts: 217 ✭✭✭

agree i do

• Options
    KliaoKliao Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree. Thanks for the chance!

Young Numismatist/collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• Options
    HiBuckyHiBucky Posts: 582 ✭✭✭

I agreeeeeee Wheats love them.. Thanks

• Options
    sumduncesumdunce Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭✭

I agree.

• Options
    erwindocerwindoc Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭✭✭

Agree!

• Options
    jskillz95jskillz95 Posts: 86 ✭✭✭

Agreed

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree... and Wheaties are a favorite... I check my change every day.... I do find a couple a month that way. Cheers, RickO

• Options

To the top, and a picture added of the booty

• Options
    GoldminersGoldminers Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree, and it is actually hard to disagree, that button was terminated.

• Options

@moursund said:
    To the Top!

So far:

joeykoins
    calgolddiver
    AugandAG
    Klif50
    jesbroken
    bsshog40
    Batman23
    ms71

@johnny9434 responded, but apparently didn't hit the agree button. Please agree to THIS post!
    @Steven59 responded, but apparently didn't hit the agree button. Please agree to THIS post!
    @Jzyskowski1 responded, but apparently didn't hit the agree button. Please agree to THIS post!

I agreed for my grandson. Can you take me off the group w list please 😂

• Options
    HoneyMarketHoneyMarket Posts: 804 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 6, 2021 11:04AM

I've agreed to the outrageous terms of agreement and agree that this is an awesome egregious giveaway!

...and while we're at it...I just agree that everyone should get an "Agree"!

(no puns intended)!

o:)

BST references available on request

• Options
    Wahoo554Wahoo554 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭✭✭

Agree! What a cool giveaway!

• Options
    WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree so count me in.
    Thanks!
    Wayne

Kennedys are my quest...

• Options
    bearcavebearcave Posts: 3,993 ✭✭✭✭✭

Agree. If I win and can get to the mailbox first! My wife likes putting them up so I can't see any of them. We probably have $200 dollars worth she has hid from the early 2000's that I have never seen.

Ken
  • Options

Topping it up... I just packed it into a small flat rate... Good stuff in there!

• Options
    Bigbuck1975Bigbuck1975 Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the generosity and chance.

• Options
    vplite99vplite99 Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭✭✭

Agree. Thanks!

Vplite99
  • Options
    littlebearlittlebear Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭✭

Agree. Thanks for the chance!

Autism Awareness: There is no limit to the good you can do, if you don't care who gets the credit.
  • Options
    JedPlanchetJedPlanchet Posts: 907 ✭✭✭

Agree. Thanks for the opportunity!

Whatever you are, be a good one. ---- Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    GaCoinGuyGaCoinGuy Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭✭

Love me some Wheaties.....Thanks for the chance

imageimage

• Options
    smuglrsmuglr Posts: 407 ✭✭✭

Agree. Thanks for the chance. Searching W heaties would be the fix I'm missing since the W quarter hunt.

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,698 ✭✭✭✭✭

I can hear the dog snoring. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options

Ok, the time has come! Standby for the chicken dinner...

• Options

Congratulations Jed. Nice prize enjoy!🥳

• Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,336 ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree - Congratulations to @JedPlanchet !

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• Options
    joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,948 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats to the winner!

Thanks for the chance.

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options
    sumduncesumdunce Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭✭

Congratulations @JedPlanchet

• Options
    JedPlanchetJedPlanchet Posts: 907 ✭✭✭

Thanks everyone! And thank you for the opportunity @moursund !

Whatever you are, be a good one. ---- Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    gumby1234gumby1234 Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats @JedPlanchet.

Successful BST with ad4400, Kccoin, lablover, pointfivezero, koynekwest, jwitten, coin22lover, HalfDimeDude, erwindoc, jyzskowsi, COINS MAKE CENTS, AlanSki, BryceM

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congratulations @JedPlanchet... and Thank you @moursund for a great giveaway. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congratulations to the winner @JedPlanchet.
    Thanks for the give away @moursund.
    Wayne

Kennedys are my quest...

• Options
    bsshog40bsshog40 Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭✭✭

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file