Options

PWCC Monthly Auction

2»

Comments

• Options
    voxels123voxels123 Posts: 240 ✭✭✭

@Flux said:

@voxels123 said:
    Oh, that's interesting. I have sold several sub-100k cards via Goldin, PWCC, and REA and I've always gotten 10%. Granted, these were modern era cards so I am not sure what the issue is. Maybe just lucky?

Have not tried Rea. Seems impossible to have a 10% buyers premium with PWCC unless it was extremely recently. But you are saying Goldin has? May I reference a particular card that 10% was allotted to you on?

1986 Fleer Jordan in PSA 9

• Options
    ndleondleo Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭✭✭

@azvike said:

@ArtVandelay said:
    Why do I get the feeling that some PWCC employees are posting in this thread?

I don't know, but anyone who thinks PWCC is just going to fade away is kidding themselves...love them or hate them, they are here to stay...their first regular "monthly auction" is filled with great stuff that people will be buying. I would recommend buying early, before they re-solidify their standing...maybe some good deals to be had...JMHO

I think Brett and PWCC have bigger issues that our complaints/praise.

This change was somewhat abrupt so I'm sure they will need to make adjustments. I'm sitting it out for a few rounds to see what happens. I would not be against using them if they are the best venue for my item.

Mike
  • Options
    80sOPC80sOPC Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭✭✭

I checked out the hockey and looks like there will be bargains. But I just can't buy from them. Not virtue signaling, and don't care what others do, but just not my style to buy from crooks.

• Options
    FluxFlux Posts: 149 ✭✭
    edited October 23, 2021 10:24AM

@voxels123 said:

@Flux said:

@voxels123 said:
    Oh, that's interesting. I have sold several sub-100k cards via Goldin, PWCC, and REA and I've always gotten 10%. Granted, these were modern era cards so I am not sure what the issue is. Maybe just lucky?

Have not tried Rea. Seems impossible to have a 10% buyers premium with PWCC unless it was extremely recently. But you are saying Goldin has? May I reference a particular card that 10% was allotted to you on?

1986 Fleer Jordan in PSA 9

After all this time and “sold several sub-100k cards” all you got is a single vague card without stating the company when asked point blank? I actually talked directly to Ken this past week. He sounded genuine in his confusion when asked who he gave a 10% cut to on anything under 7 figures. And with his inventory and history, find it very surprising when you say it to have been on a 86 Jordan Nine of all things that he offered such a sweetheart deal on. And if you are saying it was Rea auction, that is near impossible as modern is not their niche and know for a fact that any recent Jordan could not have been yours . It could not have been your Jordan 9 in the last 3 auctions as there has been a wait list. Would you like to bail out now? After all this time of saying just how easy it is to get 10%, a Jordan 9 is all you can vaguely claim. And still have not referenced exactly who you consigned it with. And one of the companies you claimed above was PWCC which is IMPOSSIBLE to have gotten ANY buyer’s premium on. You may think this is a joke or something but I do not. I am here asking for legitimate advice and details on what could be the equivalent to tens of thousands of dollars. Smoke up everyone’s rear end is not necessary and providing misinformation is a disservice to the group as a whole.

Honestly, I think you are full of …. especially getting 10% on a single Jordan 9. Because lets face it, it is a great card but is nothing special in the grand scheme of things. Feel free to direct message me if that is your concern.

• Options

It is even funnier when I look in the pick ups and it looks like you posted an 1986 Jordan 9 as recently bought.

• Options

@Flux said:
    It is even funnier when I look in the pick ups and it looks like you posted an 1986 Jordan 9 as recently bought.

Huh? Are you posting sober?

I appreciate you stalking me, but please at least do it correctly.....

• Options
    edited October 24, 2021 4:01PM

@voxels123 said:

@Flux said:

Huh? Are you posting sober?

I appreciate you stalking me, but please at least do it correctly.....

Are you sober? You did not purchase an ‘86 Jordan and post on October 2nd “for me & the son”? Let me save you some time. You did. Great Deflection though. Your 10% is a pipe dream unless you are fluffing for PWCC which has just now started that. Zero way to have obtained that previously. Thank you for wasting my time though.

PS: It is interesting you have your Profile Page set to private though. You must be stalked a lot to start that off the rip?

• Options
    edited October 24, 2021 4:26PM

@voxels123 said:
    Based on the fervor on here, I am reticent to ask. But, here goes: has anyone had the audacity to view the PWCC Monthly auction that was launched yesterday?

If so, do you dare share?

I was looking at several cards I "need" and I noticed that the scan quality was really amazing. See pic.

@voxels123 said:
    I agree. I suspect the rabid haters on here and ol’ Twitter are in all actuality the simultaneous high bidders on there.

But what do I know.

@voxels123 said:
    So your philosophy is that dealing with PWCC in any way equates to a lack of integrity? Is that really your position?

That was even more theatrical than I was expecting!

@voxels123 said:
    So, above comments are interesting albeit predictable.

The PWCC monthly auction is going better than I had hoped it would. The cards I'm following are all at very high price points, similar to eBay sales.

If you are looking for a particular card, I'd say check it out. In my experience shopping on their site tonight, there are no great deals to be had.

But, of course, I could be wrong.

Your PWCC thread. Forgets a big Jordan rookie he posts as a “Pick Up”. Has profile set to private like PWCC did with their auctions. Completely vague when asked direct questions. Does not take a genius to put 2 and 2 together to see a sheep in wolf’s clothing, Vox. Your comments above, particularly the last one are the icing on the cake.

It is ok if your employer is paying you to pump their new auction platform. Just do it properly next time.

• Options
    pab1969pab1969 Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭✭✭

This is getting interesting.

• Options
    WalkinDudeWalkinDude Posts: 81 ✭✭✭

So the first non-ebay PWCC monthly marketplace baseball auctions ended last night. I noticed there were many ending prices that were below market value. I would be a little disappointed if I had my cards up for sale on this first go round.

Patrick

• Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,536 ✭✭✭✭✭

I bought something. Bid what I was willing to pay and didn't give shilling a single thought. Got a nice deal on a nice card I had been looking for for a little while - actually below my max.

Eyes wide open.

Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options

@WalkinDude said:
    So the first non-ebay PWCC monthly marketplace baseball auctions ended last night. I noticed there were many ending prices that were below market value. I would be a little disappointed if I had my cards up for sale on this first go round.

How far below? Might be time to get in.

I don’t like their new site. Felt when they were on eBay, it was much easier to navigate.

Now, at least on my phone, felt like it was one continuous stream. Me no like.

• Options

@NeverSawMantle said:

@WalkinDude said:

How far below? Might be time to get in.

I don’t like their new site. Felt when they were on eBay, it was much easier to navigate.

Now, at least on my phone, felt like it was one continuous stream. Me no like.

I bought one card that ended up being 75 percent off market value (ebay and VCP)
    Another one was 30 percent off market value (ebay and VCP)

Patrick

• Options
    KendallCatKendallCat Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Bosox1976 said:
    I bought something. Bid what I was willing to pay and didn't give shilling a single thought. Got a nice deal on a nice card I had been looking for for a little while - actually below my max.

Eyes wide open.

Followed one card on their site - 1956 Robinson white back. Card was a stunner but I did not place a single bid. Knew it would get run up which it did to almost $10k. Comps have been in the $4700-6200 range for a while, and their format now with extended bidding “could” provide the ability to shill it up with bids every 30 minutes. Own platform, bidding extensions, possible employees on message boards pumping stuff up…. What could go wrong.

Here is the card in question.

• Options
    GOBUCKSGOBUCKS Posts: 47 ✭✭

Why would anyone bid on a card where everyone knows for a fact shill bidding is occurring ?

• Options
    AhmanfanAhmanfan Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭✭

That Robinson is a beauty.

Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS
  • Options
    clarke442clarke442 Posts: 605 ✭✭✭✭✭

@80sOPC said:
    I checked out the hockey and looks like there will be bargains. But I just can't buy from them. Not virtue signaling, and don't care what others do, but just not my style to buy from crooks.

I can agree with you, but occasionally they do come up with some good Hockey cards that aren't easily available.
    They had some really nice Hockey when eBay pulled them, I had about 6-7 cards in my watch list.

ps Not promoting or defending them, just commenting on finding some Hockey cards

• Options
    mintonlyplsmintonlypls Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭✭✭

I bid on a card, but the extended bidding lasted nearly 24 hours! I ended up the underbidder having lost interest checking the clock. With all lots closing at once and with the number of lots closing...I think the lots need to close lot-by-lot. Otherwise, it goes on what seems forever. I was the leading bidder with no bids for nearly 24 hours then lost at the end, not knowing when it would close. Their extended bidding needs some tweaking...

mint_only_pls
  • Options
    SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,094 ✭✭✭✭✭

@mintonlypls said:
    I bid on a card, but the extended bidding lasted nearly 24 hours! I ended up the underbidder having lost interest checking the clock. With all lots closing at once and with the number of lots closing...I think the lots need to close lot-by-lot. Otherwise, it goes on what seems forever. I was the leading bidder with no bids for nearly 24 hours then lost at the end, not knowing when it would close. Their extended bidding needs some tweaking...

It hasn't even been 24 hours since extended bidding began! Extended bidding began at 7:00 PM last night, PST.....that's 17 hours ago, from right now as I write this.

Steve

• Options
    SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,094 ✭✭✭✭✭

@mintonlypls said:

Also, extended bidding began at 7:00 PM PST.

The first lots with multiple bids ended at 7:30 PM PST

Then, between 7:30 and 8:00 PM PST, auctions closed at 5 minute intervals.

At 8:00 PM, auctions were to begin closing, I believe, at 1:00 intervals.

I won 7 cards in the auction, and all of them closed before 8:00 PM PST (within the first hour).

To go beyond 8:00 PM PST, a lot had to get a bid within one minute of the previous bid, for the length of the time it was open; meaning once a lot hit one minute since its last bid, it closed.

Steve

• Options

Are we talking extended bidding on the 1st regular auction off ebay? Was and never will be a fan of that type of auction. On auctions towards the mid and lower end spectrums, I think it would be a considerable turn off for most. I just do not see Who would want to go at it for hours over tens of dollars? Baby sitting your auction seems like it would equate to earning minimum wage if accounting for TVM, no?

• Options
    mintonlyplsmintonlypls Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 25, 2021 1:55PM

The clock was ticking down Saturday night at 10pm EDT on baseball cards (1973 Roberto Clemente PSA-9)...and resetting every interval. And I wasn't drinking Saturday night...even though some of my best bids are placed under the influence of alcohol!

mint_only_pls
  • Options

Flux:

1. Your animosity and deep-seated anger are really palpable. I am sorry you are angry and that you feel I've done something to warrant it.
    2. Please show me where I have EVER said I bought a Jordan 9. The "quote" your linked above is just bizarre unless you think I was linking a picture from a Jordan. (It was a Mattingly 1984 Tiffany PSA 10 that sold at PWCC last night for $3,700, fwiw.) I did buy several Jordan 9s back in 2015 in the sub-$3,000 range but I've never posted about it before now.
    3. If you don't believe I've been able to carve out the deals that I have been able to, I don't know what to say. Again, sorry.

Anyways, best of luck to you!

• Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's official, we have now entered the Twilight Zone!

Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options

I won 4 cards. 3 cheap cards and another that was 3 bids below my max and well below post covid comps

• Options

ok, guys so I posted then went to go pay. come to find out the invoice that they sent me has a different amount than what is on the website to pay. on the website it is trying to charge me my max bid and the invoice says I won at 3 bids lower. seems the shadiness continues!!

• Options
    brad31brad31 Posts: 2,581 ✭✭✭✭✭

@beachbumcollecting said:
    ok, guys so I posted then went to go pay. come to find out the invoice that they sent me has a different amount than what is on the website to pay. on the website it is trying to charge me my max bid and the invoice says I won at 3 bids lower. seems the shadiness continues!!

SHOCKING!!!

• Options

I guess I won’t be bargain hunting. Bastards

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭✭

is anyone really surprised?

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    ArtVandelayArtVandelay Posts: 649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 25, 2021 9:18PM

So what you are saying is that a company that was accused of being complicate with illegally inflating their auction prices, accused of participating in trimming cards/knowingly selling trimmed cards while not stating them as such, a company that was under investigation by the Feds, and accused of knowingly hired people that were accused of trimming cards and a company recently kicked off eBay for illegal activities is now potentially doing something shady? No way! PWCC is a salt of the Earth company.

• Options
    1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭✭

Is it possible that the “3 bids lower” is equal to around 20% buyers premium.

I don’t buy from PWCC, myself, but I know that they have a buyers premium on their premier auctions (at least) and there seemed to be confusion as to whether it applied to all auctions.

I don’t know enough (or care enough about PWCC) to go to their website and figure it out but ai was hoping this could be helpful to you.

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• Options
    1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭✭

@voxels123 said:
    Flux:

1. Your animosity and deep-seated anger are really palpable. I am sorry you are angry and that you feel I've done something to warrant it.
    2. Please show me where I have EVER said I bought a Jordan 9. The "quote" your linked above is just bizarre unless you think I was linking a picture from a Jordan. (It was a Mattingly 1984 Tiffany PSA 10 that sold at PWCC last night for $3,700, fwiw.) I did buy several Jordan 9s back in 2015 in the sub-$3,000 range but I've never posted about it before now.
    3. If you don't believe I've been able to carve out the deals that I have been able to, I don't know what to say. Again, sorry.

Well, I’m not sure it’s animosity and anger as much as calling someone out for some perceived less than honest behavior.

I’ll be honest when I say that I don’t know of another poster on these forums that:

A) Has a private profile

B) Pops up in almost all PWCC related conversations

C) Has such a large percentage of their posts defending PWCC

Maybe I am wrong; the private profile makes it hard to see what you collect (aside from ‘86 Fleer Jordan’s) or how you feel about other topics to better determine if you are just a PWCC fan or maybe a PWCC plant. Either way, it sort of reminds me of the old joke about the guy driving home from work who gets a call from his wife to tell him, “Honey, be careful: some maniac is driving the wrong way on the highway that you take home.” And the husband responds, “Honey, it’s not just one - there’s hundreds of them!”

Best of luck to you as well!

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• Options

@voxels123 said:
    Flux:

Vox:

1. Your posts, punctuation and vernacular are divine. Eerily reminiscent of the individual that crafted those tremendous Pwcc fluff Ebay descriptions. Well, that is back when they were actually allowed to proudly display that tremendous knowledge of the written English language. That person, now that the initial auction has been posted, which consisted of items already in-house and plucked off of Ebay probably had some extra time on their hands, don’t you think? Especially when the new consignments to craft those crafty descriptions aren’t rolling in? That time looks like it directly coincides with your join date which, you decided to make private juuuust like those Ebay listings? It’s almost as if covering one’s tracks is in the job description. That’s not weird at all. However, I really like how you all caps “PWCC” in every one of your posts or created threads just like Brent expects his brand to be typed. Your fluff about how you were shopping on the Pwcc site, but could not find any good deals because they were already comparable to ebay comps was not fishy in the least. But. Thanks for directing us to the site coincidentally at the same time frame the auction was set to end. “ If you are looking for a particular card, I'd say check it out. In my experience shopping on their site tonight, there are no great deals to be had”. 😍 I really do appreciate the direction to a site that there are no good deals to be had on though, huh? Conversely, If Pwcc really was your honey hole, would you be advertising it? And if you would, why is your profile private then? One would think a naturally private person would not advertise such things, right?
    2. Sorry. It was “supposedly” a Jordan 10. But note, I caught the correction. Not you. What is truly bizarre is that “quote” you asked for is right here. “for me and the son!”. One would think such a card would have been an unforgettable purchase, especially on behalf of your son. One that a person strives years to obtain, no? Yet, somehow you have zero recollection of it, let alone are not concerned that I called it a NINE? 😎

@voxels123 said:

for me and the son!

1. No. I don’t believe you have carved out any 10% deals. I wish you had because that is all I was looking for. Not to have my time completely wasted on a plant. I believe you posted about just how easy it is to get 10% because that is now all of a sudden what Pwcc is offering. Goldin nor Rea, who you referenced, has offered 10%. I called you out directly on those points. Only after the continued deflection and poor memory did I realize that you painted a huge target on your back. As noted above 70% of your posts are Pwcc orientated. The other 29% consist of deflective replies to myself. The other 1% consist of posting “your son’s” ‘86 Jordan 10 that apparently doesn't ring a bell. And let’s face it, PSA and just about everyone else for that fact quit letting your company advertise on their site. So what better way to do it?
    2. Yes, I was born at night. But it was not last night. Time tells all though. It will be fun to watch you continue to cover your tracks or ride off into the sunset now that your goose is cooked. Congrats on that Jordan 10 though.
  • Options
    rcmb3220rcmb3220 Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭✭

Forget it

• Options

I had the same error happen to me. I don't think there was any shadiness going on. I wrote them an email and here was their answer...

"There was an error in the emails being sent. There was a glitch where people got an email right when regular bidding was over but it didn't include the extended bidding price. So people were getting the wrong information from the email but the invoices are correct. The correct amount is what you paid on the invoice."

Patrick

• Options

@WalkinDude said:

I had the same error happen to me. I don't think there was any shadiness going on. I wrote them an email and here was their answer...

"There was an error in the emails being sent. There was a glitch where people got an email right when regular bidding was over but it didn't include the extended bidding price. So people were getting the wrong information from the email but the invoices are correct. The correct amount is what you paid on the invoice."

total bull. I got my email invoice at 1:11am, well after the extended bidding ended. of course the invoices are correct and are at the max bid and the emails are wrong with no way to go track it.

• Options
    fergie23fergie23 Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭✭

I bid on some cards, wasn't a huge fan of the extended bidding. I did not see any real bargains for what I collect and the auctions I tracked. I am sure there were probably quite a few bargains to be had, especially for lower priced cards, since their platform won't get anywhere near the traffic and visibility of eBay.

Robb

• Options
    dallasactuarydallasactuary Posts: 4,120 ✭✭✭✭✭

@fergie23 said:
    I bid on some cards, wasn't a huge fan of the extended bidding. I did not see any real bargains for what I collect and the auctions I tracked. I am sure there were probably quite a few bargains to be had, especially for lower priced cards, since their platform won't get anywhere near the traffic and visibility of eBay.

Robb

There were great bargains to be had on lower priced cards, and no buyer's premium. My ebay strategy has always been to put in low bids on a hundred cards and hope I win a few. On PWCC I won 50. I shall return.

This is for you @thisistheshow - Jim Rice was actually a pretty good player.
  • Options
    82FootballWaxMemorys82FootballWaxMemorys Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭✭✭

@WalkinDude said:

total bull. I got my email invoice at 1:11am, well after the extended bidding ended. of course the invoices are correct and are at the max bid and the emails are wrong with no way to go track it.

If it walks like duck, and quacks like a duck...

BTW I've no skin in the game those that stand to lose or seek to profit will attack with the most venom

Unless otherwise specified my posts represent only my opinion, not fact.

• Options
    blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 26, 2021 12:44PM

@dallasactuary said:

@fergie23 said:

Robb

There were great bargains to be had on lower priced cards, and no buyer's premium. My ebay strategy has always been to put in low bids on a hundred cards and hope I win a few. On PWCC I won 50. I shall return.

i would think ending what, 20k+ cards in such a short amount of time would be very distracting for a smaller amount of buyers? throw in the extended bidding crap to where they dont know if their budget was spent or not and could have used those funds towards other cards would allow a ton of cards to fall thru the cracks.

imo, since its their own platform, own rules they should divide it up into smaller niches and have those end in normal fashion each sunday/monday night. vintage prewar ends first sunday. baseball second sunday, basketball third and so forth. keep’em coming back and often.

having everyone sitting around for 20 days w their thumbs up their rears only to go into extended bidding sessions is absolute nonsense. overall consignor results were probably terrible which will instantly stop new consignments from rolling in which only equates to a slow death.

eta: of course pissing off your buyers with confusing invoicing off the rip coupled w crappy hammer prices could have already done that. trust was already the issue, right?

• Options
    81 Topps Guy81 Topps Guy Posts: 228 ✭✭✭

I had cards consigned with them when eBay pulled their plug. They asked if I wanted my cards returned, I decided to roll with them. So far the results have been close to market value, although there was nothing listed you can't find in a buy it now on eBay. With that said, I have several tougher to find higher hockey cards ending tonight, hoping for over VCP pricing on those. I've had several people say they cannot make it off of eBay, but is their monthly auction platform much different than Sirius? Maybe I didn't look hard enough, but I couldn't find anything about the deadline or start date for a November monthly auction.

• Options

Flux - thanks for the long post (kinda wordy and angry-sounding). However, I do appreciate you rectifying your mistake. The difference between a PSA 9 and a PSA 10 is generally large. You of all people should know that, since you are diligently shopping around so many auction houses!!

Perhaps the secret to my success is that I am a larger player than you and I can consequently carve out better deals with the AHs knowing I have more to sell? Anyways, who am I to speculate on such matters. You seem to know what you are doing!

All the best!! :)

• Options
    edited October 27, 2021 3:56PM

@voxels123 said:
    Flux - thanks for the long post (kinda wordy and angry-sounding). However, I do appreciate you rectifying your mistake. The difference between a PSA 9 and a PSA 10 is generally large. You of all people should know that, since you are diligently shopping around so many auction houses!!

Perhaps the secret to my success is that I am a larger player than you and I can consequently carve out better deals with the AHs knowing I have more to sell? Anyways, who am I to speculate on such matters. You seem to know what you are doing!

All the best!! :)

You forgot about and confused a Jordan10 for you and your son and mistakingly referenced a 1984 Mattingly? And I will admit, you certainly are a “larger player” however I am most certain your definition ALTERS quite a bit from mine.

The timing of your replies always coincide right around the end of the work day out there in Oregon. Glad to see you back after the auction closed though. I’m sure it was all hands on deck the last couple of days, huh? Especially after the invoicing snafus.

Maybe tomorrow you can log in and report for duty at the beginning of the work day or just after your lunch break to throw us of your scent? :o

• Options
    AFLfanAFLfan Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭✭✭

The personal attacks here are totally unnecessary. Please do not continue elsewhere.

Todd Tobias - Grateful Collector - I focus on autographed American Football League sets, Fleer & Topps, 1960-1969, and lacrosse cards.
This discussion has been closed.