Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

"Your item was returned to the sender.....because of an incomplete address."

I sent a Priority Mail Box to a buyer with an apartment address. I am pretty sure I wrote the correct address with apt# on the label, manually. I also added Signature Service, but no insurance.
I tracked it, in the same day, the history is like below:
"Out for Delivery"
"Rescheduled to Next Delivery Day"
"Your item was returned to the sender "

Anything fishy here?

Comments

• Options
    Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,650 ✭✭✭✭✭

Probably not just a snafu at least I hope

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,840 ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe they refused to sign for it.

You might have dodged a bullet. :/

• Options
    Samuel8Samuel8 Posts: 378 ✭✭✭

@JBK said:

I contacted the buyer, he put a claim on it, and said will check with local PO.

The box is priority mail, if it is returned to me, will it be scanned along its path?

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,171 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Samuel8 said:

@JBK said:

The box is priority mail, if it is returned to me, will it be scanned along its path?

Yes. The scan all the way to final delivery.

• Options
    Samuel8Samuel8 Posts: 378 ✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

@Samuel8 said:

@JBK said:

I noticed recently, for priority mail, USPS does not scan all the steps as before, they always miss the "Regional Distribution Center" on both sides.
    For example, the item I am talking about, there are only 3 steps along the path:
    -"Departed Post Office"
    -"In Transit to Next Facility"
    -"Out for Delivery"

Two months ago, I sent a Priority Mail to a destination inside my state, I used my own envelop, paid more than $7 for Priority service. There was only 1 scan when it left my local post office. Then there was no scan at all even when it was delivered. I think they probably just treated it as First Class mail, and did not bother to scan it, even though the USPS employee put several stickers on the envelop.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sometimes, it seems, the systems just do not work. ;) And it seems coin people find this frequently.... :D Cheers, RickO

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,171 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Samuel8 said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@Samuel8 said:

@JBK said:

I noticed recently, for priority mail, USPS does not scan all the steps as before, they always miss the "Regional Distribution Center" on both sides.
    For example, the item I am talking about, there are only 3 steps along the path:
    -"Departed Post Office"
    -"In Transit to Next Facility"
    -"Out for Delivery"

Two months ago, I sent a Priority Mail to a destination inside my state, I used my own envelop, paid more than $7 for Priority service. There was only 1 scan when it left my local post office. Then there was no scan at all even when it was delivered. I think they probably just treated it as First Class mail, and did not bother to scan it, even though the USPS employee put several stickers on the envelop.

It helps to thicken the envelope so it can't go through machinable 1st class.

• Options
    WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,377 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

I never gave this much thought but I will keep this hint in mind on my next mailing.
    Wayne

Kennedys are my quest...

• Options
    amwldcoinamwldcoin Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, I have to even double bubble slabs encased in thin cardboard to avoid the sort machines.

@WAYNEAS said:

@jmlanzaf said:

I never gave this much thought but I will keep this hint in mind on my next mailing.
    Wayne

• Options
    KnellKnell Posts: 453 ✭✭✭✭✭

Seen a few of usps snafu. Last week I had an item I've been tracking showed delivered in Massachusetts but showed in my box next day in California.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file