Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Mr. Mark Feld

Observation related to all coin related topics:

I do not post a lot here but I read a lot. Of most or all the posters (apologies if "posters" is not a real term) here none exhibit the consistent high level of class and professionalism that Mr. Feld does. I have actually learned to chill a bit when triggered and "rethink" better ways to express myself as a result of studying Mr. Felds great communication skills...and the result is always better!

You are an asset to our hobby. I expect many will agree. Thank you!

It is amazing the unexpected life lessons numismatics can bring.

:)

Comments

• Options
    MgarmyMgarmy Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

Concur 100%

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,303 ✭✭✭✭✭

class act.

The things I don’t always agree with are always worth considering.

• Options
    AMRCAMRC Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭✭✭

That was nice.

MLAeBayNumismatics: "The greatest hobby in the world!"
  • Options
    FredWeinbergFredWeinberg Posts: 5,751 ✭✭✭✭✭

Completely agree

Retired Collector & Dealer in Major Mint Error Coins & Currency since the 1960's.Co-Author of Whitman's "100 Greatest U.S. Mint Error Coins", and the Error Coin Encyclopedia, Vols., III & IV. Retired Authenticator for Major Mint Errors
    for PCGS. A 49+-Year PNG Member...A full numismatist since 1972, retired in 2022
  • Options
    WalkerfanWalkerfan Posts: 9,027 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 17, 2021 9:47AM

He's a class act and always willing to help.

We're so lucky, as CU members, to have such an expert, 'in our back pocket', so to speak.

I feel really good being able to consult him, as a personal resource, for numismatic opinions and advice.

His intelligence, etiquette and experience are unmatched, IMHO.

“I may not believe in myself but I believe in what I’m doing” ~Jimmy Page~

My Full Walker Registry Set (1916-1947)

https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/competitive-sets/16292/

• Options
    WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,387 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 17, 2021 12:27PM

It is always a pleasure to read a post that that praises someone's actions. :)
    There are definitely to many posts of the wrong kind.
    Wayne

Kennedys are my quest...

• Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

if you think he's something to observe here at the forum, you should see him work the Bourse at an ANA Show. :p

• Options
    YorkshiremanYorkshireman Posts: 4,494 ✭✭✭✭✭

He is a gentleman and a scholar!

Yorkshireman,Obsessed collector of round, metallic pieces of history.Hunting for Latin American colonial portraits plus cool US & British coins.
  • Options
    CoinJunkieCoinJunkie Posts: 8,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

Feld? The name rings a bell.

:)

Yes, great guy and an asset to the forum and the industry.

• Options
    OKCCOKCC Posts: 522 ✭✭✭
    edited August 18, 2021 5:44AM

Yes, so true. It's important to have an insightful, aware, and mature voice to aid in the rational search for the truth.

That's why it was such a shame when he was involved in a thankfully temporary hiatus.

Edited for poor word choice.

• Options
    CoinHoarderCoinHoarder Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭✭✭

The great Feldini! :)

• Options
    pointfivezeropointfivezero Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭✭✭

I just hit the "agree" button without even reading his posts now. He speaks my mind.

• Options
    Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,650 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 17, 2021 10:29AM

As a newbie he found time to PM me as he was genuinely interested in what I was saying and gave kind words of advice. Not many people who are in this class. Thanks buddy 🤓

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• Options

That's why it was such a shame when he was forced into a thankfully temporary hiatus.

please, let's try to dabble in the truth, nobody was "forced" into anything. Mark and others pretty much dared the moderators to pull out the ban hammer, they simply obliged. that was a different era, a little closer to the Old Wild West days of an even earlier time.

with all that said it's nice that he returned.

• Options

@keets said:
    That's why it was such a shame when he was forced into a thankfully temporary hiatus.

please, let's try to dabble in the truth, nobody was "forced" into anything. Mark and others pretty much dared the moderators to pull out the ban hammer, they simply obliged. that was a different era, a little closer to the Old Wild West days of an even earlier time.

Well bust my bubble and anything else you’d care to share. Just seems unnecessary. would you like some one to correct your record present day for what you did awhile back. It seems like if you can’t say something nice don’t say anything at all. I could be wrong but there’s a bunch of us who could have gotten on just fine with out your opinion. But I’m glad your here too🤓

• Options
    marcmoishmarcmoish Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭✭✭

Point is he's been doing this many years, what, 20yrs already? Under another sig name (forgot it) , and was always as he is today, so there is no ulterior motives - a great read, and nice OP topic.

• Options
    VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,833 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 17, 2021 11:49AM

Mark was reinstated here at CU a few years back. While he was gone I Would get occasional emails from him about something I had posted here. It was almost always some insightful comment or recommendation about a coin related topic. Thank you Mark.

• Options
    cladkingcladking Posts: 28,414 ✭✭✭✭✭

He's always been a class act.

Generally no matter what people say they didn't mean it in an insulting way but Mark Feld never does and usually is able to express his expertise in ways that are comprehensive and nobody can take as an insult.

Everybody's beliefs are "self serving". ;) Perhaps this should just be taken for granted and never mentioned.

I always read his posts.

Tempus fugit.
  • Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭✭

He has the perfect avatar for his representation of himself.

• Options
    TurtleCatTurtleCat Posts: 4,595 ✭✭✭✭✭

There were several ban waves way back. I remember a big one around the 2004 timeframe and DH was banning people left and right. Anyway, I’ve only met Mark once way back in 2003 and he was gracious then as he was recently when I asked him his thoughts about a particular coin. He was very helpful even when I was a newbie and consigning coins through him way back as well. I just wish I had more resources back then to buy some from him as well.

• Options

@bolivarshagnasty said:

@Jzyskowski1 said:

@keets said:

Well bust my bubble and anything else you’d care to share. Just seems unnecessary. would you like some one to correct your record present day for what you did awhile back. It seems like if you can’t say something nice don’t say anything at all. I could be wrong but there’s a bunch of us who could have gotten on just fine with out your opinion. But I’m glad your here too🤓

keets was here when it went down, you were not. A lot of great posters have been banned, I too am glad

Exactly my point I could have enjoyed the thread with out the tattletale cracking on Marks past. What was the point? How did it provide any positive input other than slamming someone because he can? Sorry and don’t tell me how long this or that person has been here has anything to do with this thread.

• Options
    gumby1234gumby1234 Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭✭✭

Seems like a nice enough guy.

Successful BST with ad4400, Kccoin, lablover, pointfivezero, koynekwest, jwitten, coin22lover, HalfDimeDude, erwindoc, jyzskowsi, COINS MAKE CENTS, AlanSki, BryceM

• Options
    bolivarshagnastybolivarshagnasty Posts: 7,350 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Jzyskowski1 said:

@bolivarshagnasty said:

@Jzyskowski1 said:

@keets said:

keets was here when it went down, you were not. A lot of great posters have been banned, I too am glad

Exactly my point I could have enjoyed the thread with out the tattletale cracking on Marks past. What was the point? How did it provide any positive input other than slamming someone because he can? Sorry and don’t tell me how long this or that person has been here has anything to do with this thread.

It's called "setting the record straight" and is generally done when someone has massaged history.

• Options
    airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 21,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mark’s pretty okay

JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • Options

@bolivarshagnasty said:

@Jzyskowski1 said:

@bolivarshagnasty said:

@Jzyskowski1 said:

@keets said:

It's called "setting the record straight" and is generally done when someone has massaged history.

What? Are you talking about. Record straight. Somebody keeping records. That not much of an excuse for this tattletale behavior but I’m good with it because you will defend and I will object and round and round we go to what end. Marks a good guy. Apparently human but that is cool 😎

• Options
    gumby1234gumby1234 Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭✭✭

LOL Mark isn't human. He's Superhuman

Successful BST with ad4400, Kccoin, lablover, pointfivezero, koynekwest, jwitten, coin22lover, HalfDimeDude, erwindoc, jyzskowsi, COINS MAKE CENTS, AlanSki, BryceM

• Options

That is huge because JM does not like many people

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,553 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mark is a great guy and very knowledgeable about coins and collecting and is always generous with sharing what he knows. Of course, there are numerous other forum members here that I could say the same thing about. We're truly blessed to have this forum and the great people that participate here :)

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    BigMooseBigMoose Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭

"Saint Feldini" is a class act. Always has been.

TomT-1794

Check out some of my 1794 Large Cents on www.coingallery.org
  • Options

Jzyskowski1, please re-read what you posted --- That's why it was such a shame when..................... that's structured as if to suggest you were a member when Mark was banned. to be honest, I can't remember the timeframe of those bannings(maybe 2006) or your enlistment as a member here. not that it really matters, I was "setting the record straight" as Shag posted since it serves us all best if we concern ourselves with the Truth and not some revisionist History. to that end, and not trying to be harsh, but it struck me when I read the OP as a little disingenuous to suggest you were around when that mass exodus took place. too bad you weren't since they were exciting times and required a deft approach. that's the twist with Mark, then Coinguy1, getting banned: he always tends to be courteous even when he's scolding someone, so for him to post and get banned had to be intentional. events of 15 years ago spent a lot of time at this forum getting hashed out.

the funny thing about it all is that I'm sure if Mark chooses to he'll freely admit that he pushed it to the limit. IIRC, the whole deal had something to do with what PCGS was doing about the whole AT/NT issue, sometime around 2006. o:)

• Options
    GoBustGoBust Posts: 587 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've found Mark to be terrific and willing to listen and learn. Really terrific person and asset for all of us collectors.

• Options

Never said it never implied it. Been here a minute so I defer to you.

• Options
    braddickbraddick Posts: 23,265 ✭✭✭✭✭

Count me as wrong on this- perhaps remembering it incorrectly or confusing Mark with someone else. . . Does Feld have the rare distinction of being "banned" twice? I believe Laura was and I thought a couple of others were too- including Mark. Probably wrong as my memory doesn't serve me as well as it used to.
    I suppose only Mark could clarify this.

peacockcoins

• Options
    bigmarty58bigmarty58 Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 17, 2021 1:43PM

Thank you Mark :)

Enthusiastic collector of British pre-decimal and Canadian decimal circulation coins.
  • Options

If you have not been in coin jail at least once you are not trying😃

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,303 ✭✭✭✭✭

Is it true he was at one time banned from the forum? lol.

The things I don’t always agree with are always worth considering.

• Options
    jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,456 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mark is definitely a contribution to this forum that is greatly appreciated by so many. If what Mark says is contra to what you think, then just continue to think and his opinion just might have a value to you also. He is not selfserving as so many are and has only the best intentions for whichever poster he replies to. Great job, Mark, and I do remember when you were banned and posted many times of our loss. Thankfully, you were allowed to return.
    Mark was such a benefit to me 14 years or so ago ATS regarding some copper purchases I was making and let me know I wasn't ready to purchase copper yet. Thanks Mark, even though I grimaced, you were correct.
    Jim

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain
  • Options
    BuffaloIronTailBuffaloIronTail Posts: 7,432 ✭✭✭✭✭

You're a good guy, Mark.

Always have been.

Pete

"I tell them there's no problems.....only solutions" - John Lennon
  • Options
    jomjom Posts: 3,394 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mark helped me a lot looking at coins I might want to bid on for me in Heritage auctions. Thanks for that!

jom

• Options
    Nederveit2Nederveit2 Posts: 122 ✭✭✭

I miss buying coins from Mark (still have a couple I got from home over a decade ago) as well as his descriptions - spot on to his personality. He was the best guy to deal with and also appreciate the comments he makes in this forum.

• Options
    CoinscratchCoinscratch Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Southside7 Bravo! You are absolutely correct Sir. I candidly love his ability to squeeze the sponge to extract the truth. And then put it into words that only the Jessup could understand unless you’re listening >:)
    It may not be what you want to hear and it might just piss you off, but if you listen…

There are here a handful of coin savants (you know who you are) that I listen to and the funny thing is is that they have never taught me how to grade or even what to grade but rather WHY to grade.

In short, in the last few years, through the spewing wisdom of others and most definitely including Mr. Feld and a few others I have witnessed significant gains in my business wealth, family and even personal health, and all while starring at pennies.

Who Knew

• Options
    air4mdcair4mdc Posts: 825 ✭✭✭✭

Always enjoy his informative posts. Definitely an asset to this forum as well as many others.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for your contributions Mark. I value your inputs. Cheers, RickO

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file