Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Coin World: "Authorized purchasers to get limited 2021 American Eagles"

GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,862 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 30, 2021 8:16AM in U.S. Coin Forum

There's something about this program that stinks to me.

Like that 'authorized purchasers' can get special slab labels from the TPG's.

Authorized purchasers to get limited 2021 American Eagles

By Paul Gilkes , Coin World

Published: Jul 30, 2021, 8 AM

The U.S. Mint on Aug. 9 will offer its authorized purchasers limited numbers of 2021 American Eagle silver and gold bullion coins with the old designs from the last production run and examples from the first production run of the 2021 coins with the new designs.

The “limited edition” bullion coins, according to the Mint, are being sold to celebrate the transition between the 2021 coins with the 1986-style designs and the 2021 coins with the new reverses and “enhanced” obverses.

The Mint began the transition of production to the Reverse of 2021 coins from the Reverse of 1986 issues in early April.

The U.S. Mint will allocate available coins based on an authorized purchaser’s previous year’s purchases.

Specifically, the U.S. Mint will offer:
➤ 200,000 of the last production run of the 2021 American Eagle, Reverse of 1986 design silver bullion coins.
➤ 200,000 of the first production run of the enhanced redesigned 2021 American Eagle, Reverse of 2021 silver bullion coins,
➤ 15,000 of the last production run of the Reverse of 1986 design gold 1-ounce $50 bullion coins.
➤ 15,000 of the first production run of the enhanced redesigned Reverse of 2021 gold 1-ounce $50 bullion coins.

Presumably, the major grading services will offer the authorized purchasers special labels identifying the coins as being from the last and first production runs.

These U.S. Mint bullion coins will not be offered directly to the public. Instead, the authorized purchasers will be offered the coins like all other bullion coins, which they can then resell at a premium to other dealers, collectors and investors.

https://www.coinworld.com/news/precious-metals/authorized-purchasers-to-get-limited-2021-american-eagles

Comments

• Options
    JimTylerJimTyler Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭✭✭

Unless the last of the old look like worn die errors and the first of the new look 3-D just another way for the big boys to drain more dollars for no good reason.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Those are of no interest to me. Special labels, end of run, beginning of run.... I just do not care. Show me coins...Cheers, RickO

• Options
    WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,347 ✭✭✭✭✭

No interest here in labels.
    It is all about the affordability and design.
    Wayne

Kennedys are my quest...

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,759 ✭✭✭✭✭

They are basically just normal SEs. Sealed boxes from the mint might provide the necessary provenance but I don't see how the mint could sell these singly.

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 31,912 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JBK said:
    They are basically just normal SEs. Sealed boxes from the mint might provide the necessary provenance but I don't see how the mint could sell these singly.

They could have PCGS or NGC slab them

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,759 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

@JBK said:

They could have PCGS or NGC slab them

Exactly. But that would be a major escalation in the mint's marketing.

• Options
    cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,688 ✭✭✭✭✭

No interest

Many happy BST transactions

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file