Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Who is in for the 1/10oz type 2 gold eagle tomorrow?

I'm going to try to get one, probably sellout quick though.

Chuck,

Ever Onward

Comments

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,279 ✭✭✭✭✭

Is our host doing a special label? Mint is calling the set "Designer Edition."

“The root problem with conventional currency is all the trust that's required to make it work. The central bank must be trusted not to debase the currency, but the history of fiat currencies is full of breaches of that trust.” - Satoshi Nakamoto

• Options

Mint has delayed release until Aug. 5. Might want to change your thread title:

“The root problem with conventional currency is all the trust that's required to make it work. The central bank must be trusted not to debase the currency, but the history of fiat currencies is full of breaches of that trust.” - Satoshi Nakamoto

• Options
    koynekwestkoynekwest Posts: 10,048 ✭✭✭✭✭

I actually like the old design better.

• Options
    pcgscacgoldpcgscacgold Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would do a quarter or half oz set but 1/10 is just too small.

• Options
    TreashuntTreashunt Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ah, just wait 6 months and get it for melt

Frank

BHNC #203

• Options

@Treashunt said:

which means you'd likely pay more.

• Options
    TreashuntTreashunt Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭✭✭

@derryb said:

@Treashunt said:

which means you'd likely pay more.

depending on the price of gold, possibly

Frank

BHNC #203

• Options
    messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,729 ✭✭✭✭✭

@derryb said:

Distinction without a difference.

• Options

@messydesk said:

@derryb said:

why should this American Eagle set be any different.

• Options
    messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,729 ✭✭✭✭✭

@derryb said:

@messydesk said:

@derryb said:

why should this American Eagle set be any different.

Why must it always be the same? I guess my observation is more of a lamentation.

• Options
    Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 28, 2021 7:58AM

@derryb said:
    Mint has delayed release until Aug. 5. Might want to change your thread title:

>

The Designer set is released on the 5th. But the 1/10th ounce coin is released tomorrow. I think his title is just fine as stated.

• Options
    MgarmyMgarmy Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

21xk will be a screen freeze and gone event. Have not seen a lot of chatter about it amongst the dealer class as of yet

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• Options

@Mgarmy said:
    21xk will be a screen freeze and gone event. Have not seen a lot of chatter about it amongst the dealer class as of yet

apologies, i misread the title and thought you were referring to the two coin set.

• Options
    TomthemailcarrierTomthemailcarrier Posts: 638 ✭✭✭✭✭

When will the price be given? Sale is tomorrow!

• Options
    telephoto1telephoto1 Posts: 4,775 ✭✭✭✭✭

This dealer's opinion...IMO will be another pump and dump mint issue. Too many folks get excited about mintage figures. The EEs in 70 might hold a premium otherwise they're common PGE money next year. That 5000 piece issue might be a different story but still the best money is the quick flip on these...you can buy back in later, cheaper, with very few exceptions.

RIP Mom- 1932-2012
  • Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,287 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Tomthemailcarrier said:

It should be the same as the Type I prices. It's based on a table. They will recalculate Wednesday, but gold hasn't moved enough lately to make a difference.

• Options
    Mindy9773Mindy9773 Posts: 160 ✭✭✭

How much do you guys think the American Eagle 2021 Gold Proof Four-Coin Set will cost tomorrow?

• Options
    MetroDMetroD Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Mindy9773 said:
    How much do you guys think the American Eagle 2021 Gold Proof Four-Coin Set will cost tomorrow?

Pricing is determined by the average cost of gold the week prior to release.

Unfortunately, I am too lazy to attempt to calculate this figure. So, I will estimate using the spot price of $1,800.35 (i.e., London Gold Fix, PM, 07.27.21). Link

Assuming an average price per ounce of $1,800.35, which we know is an approximation, 21EFN would be $5,055.00. Link

Screenshot:

• Options
    GoldminersGoldminers Posts: 3,598 ✭✭✭✭✭

One problem I have had with the 4-coin set is if one is damaged, scratched, etc., you have to return the entire set for a replacement (if any exist), or refund.

Another reason to just get this set from a reputable dealer who can grade cheaper in bulk and can sell off any that do not get 70's much easier than an individual. I am still trying to sell a 2020 MS69 fractional proof and no takers even asking below mint price.

• Options
    cagcrispcagcrisp Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Tomthemailcarrier said:

$315.00

• Options
    cagcrispcagcrisp Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Mindy9773 said:

$5,055.00

• Options
    Mindy9773Mindy9773 Posts: 160 ✭✭✭

Thank-you for your response

• Options
    Cougar1978Cougar1978 Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭✭✭

All in - clients including on want list submissions.

So Cali Area - Coins & Currency
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JazzmanJAB ... Those small gold coins really do make an attractive set in the holders. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,356 ✭✭✭✭✭

nice set

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    DeloreanDelorean Posts: 470 ✭✭✭

At $315.00, I'll pass.

Chuck,

Ever Onward
  • Options
    DeloreanDelorean Posts: 470 ✭✭✭

Doesn't appear they are selling fast.

Chuck,

Ever Onward
  • Options
    WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,387 ✭✭✭✭✭

I passed on the 1/10 ounce but could have gotten one.
    Wayne

Kennedys are my quest...

• Options
    DelawareDoonsDelawareDoons Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭✭✭

And backordered.

Professional Numismatist. "It's like God, Family, Country, except Sticker, Plastic, Coin."

• Options
    Cougar1978Cougar1978 Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looking get roll of them.

So Cali Area - Coins & Currency

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file