Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Subject changed due to popular demand. Farrah's influence on our hobbies (incl. unopened wax). LOL

bobbybakerivbobbybakeriv Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭✭

Found these at a garage sale. They are fridge magnets. I know, I know, pretty uncouth but I like fridge magnets for some underlying psychological issue. LOL These are now my two favorites (aside from my Farrah Fawcett). The backs are the same so I only scanned one. The backs are 100% perfectly centered!!!!!! Yes, I am a single man. :)

Comments

• Options

Farrah's pic here was Soo iconic back in the day before Megan 3 stallion lol

• Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,435 ✭✭✭✭

nice
    it's a shame that Farrah had to pass away the same day Michael Jackson did

IMF

Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options
    GroceryRackPackGroceryRackPack Posts: 2,550 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi,
    Awesome on the fridge magnets; Yeah those are cool!

Farrah & 70’s baseball cards are perfect together!

• Options

@UFFDAH said:
    Farrah rocks. She helped decorate my hunting/observation tower.

That is an awesome set up! Nice work!

• Options
    azvikeazvike Posts: 361 ✭✭✭

Go Buckeyes!

• Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,487 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 15, 2021 6:37PM

Every summer at the beach we got to buy one t shirt at the t shirt iron on shop. I would generally get a corvette or monster truck but one year I got that Farrah shirt, my Mom hated it. Anyhow I wore it to grade school on the first day of school and they made me wear it inside out. >:)

Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options

@UFFDAH said:

That tower rocks! I would probably hunt more often in that setup instead of freezing my azz off outside.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options
    UFFDAHUFFDAH Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Cakes - the tower is a blast to sit in. I've got corn, brassica and turnips around for deer food. I also sit in ladder stands and freeze LOL. Might have to open a vintage pack in the tower if things are slow!!

• Options

I bet, that tower of power is such an advantage, especially with the corn, etc... way back in the day we used salt licks.

That pond is sweet too! I am about 10 years away from retirement and will probably/hopefully end up with a similar setup.

Cheers,
    BC

• Options
    Bull_BearBull_Bear Posts: 86 ✭✭

@UFFDAH said:

Beautiful layout, UFF. Noticed Fields on the tv in the background and the landscape, are you in Ohio?..... O-H!

"I'd walk through Hell in a gasoline suit to play baseball"
    Charlie Hustle

• Options
    NJ80sBBCNJ80sBBC Posts: 721 ✭✭✭✭

That’s such an awesome set up. Needs more cards incorporated along with some adult beverages, but otherwise great.

Conundrum - Loving my unopened baseball card collection....but really like ripping too
  • Options

@Bull_Bear - thanks!! I am located in SW Wisconsin. I'm a Badger fan but love watching any college football game I can tune in when sitting. Love college football in the Fall.

• Options
    Sgt_DSgt_D Posts: 85 ✭✭
    edited June 17, 2021 2:40PM

Post was....... cancelled.

• Options

Awesome job on renaming the topic to:
    "Subject changed due to popular demand. Farrah's influence on our hobbies (incl. unopened wax). LOL"
    Just Perfect -- Thanks :)

• Options
    blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 17, 2021 3:21PM

@Sgt_D said:

hmm. janets wardrobe malfunction changed things forever. tara reid prolly had the worst slip, i think. 10 outta 10 felines would agree that cat nip beats farrahs.

• Options
    edited June 17, 2021 2:09PM

@blurryface said:

@Sgt_D said:
    Farrah - That single image has the sole distinction of being responsible for selling one billion wall posters. No other single image comes close.

https://www.thevintagenews.com/2018/10/24/farrah-fawcett/

hmm. janets wardrobe malfunction changed things forever. tara reid prolly had the worst slip, i think. 10 outta 10 felines would agree that cat nip beats farrahs.

LOL. In the spirit of Lloyd Benson, JJ is no Farrah my friend! LOL Farrah was the absolute best! Heck, she was married to the six MILLION dollar man! Now a days, that is the minimum net worth required for the submission of Express orders! :p

• Options
    edited June 17, 2021 1:00PM

@bobbybakeriv said:

@blurryface said:

@Sgt_D said:
    Farrah - That single nip has the sole distinction of being responsible for selling one billion wall posters. No other single nip comes close.

https://www.thevintagenews.com/2018/10/24/farrah-fawcett/

hmm. janets wardrobe malfunction nip changed things forever. tara reid prolly had the worst nip slip, i think. 10 outta 10 felines would agree that cat nip beats farrahs.

LOL. In the spirit of Lloyd Benson, JJ is no Farrah my friend! LOL Farrah was the absolute best! Heck, she was married to the six MILLION dollar man! Now a days, that is the minimum net worth required for the submission of Express orders! :p

i think we were talking about quantity not quality, right? i definitely think janets was seen by more than billions. and all over the world. the fact that it was revealed literally right after justin’s lyric of “gonna have you naked by the end of this song” always made me laugh about the infamous “wardrobe malfunction” excuse. of course the next day, weeks following it was plastered on every website, newspaper, magazine and tv show not to mention now part of super bowl history forever. not that thats a good thing.

naturally if it were a pick’em, i’d have to go w farrahs no doubt.

• Options
    edited June 17, 2021 1:04PM

@blurryface
    I am all about quality (and hence, accuracy...sorry Todd) LOL This has turned into a fun thread albeit not directly related to sports collecting. But "memorabilia," maybe?

• Options
    edited June 17, 2021 1:39PM

So, in the spirit of @uffdah, (who I vote for "post of the year" due to the sheer awesome nature of his hunting set-up),
    For the record, I am 100% OK with hunting, I am 100% against trophy huntingI JMO

I too, will share something I am proud of ( not in hand yet, but ordered). I know, I know.... the 76 Corvette Summer orange! Most do not like it, I love it :) It has to be a '22 due to Ford Factory limitations but will be GEM MINT, totally loaded .Outer Banks package. I 'll wait, much like our current PSA predicament, But I'm a patient man.

Just sharing as you all are my only online group of friends. Not boasting nor trying to invoke a "one-upmanship." I will ALWAYS lose that one anyhow! :)

• Options

Hunting is fine as long as it’s with a self made bow and arrow. Else it’s just dudes thinking they are manly with a gun.

• Options

not a fan of guns. not a fan of hunting. i have been hunting. learned the basics, but am a firm believer that as a head of the household or provider for the family, every boy should learn to adequately hunt, fish and be able to safely and properly protect their loved ones. money may not always be able to buy necessities.

• Options
    KendallCatKendallCat Posts: 2,981 ✭✭✭✭✭

Platteville/Cuba City area Chris? Great hunting set up. A few motion cameras set up so you can open stuff and not miss a big buck 😉

• Options
    AFLfanAFLfan Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ok GUYS, I've made a few edits here. Trying to let you all share your feelings/memories, but this is a family show...

Todd Tobias - Grateful Collector - I focus on autographed American Football League sets, Fleer & Topps, 1960-1969, and lacrosse cards.
  • Options
    Historicalwood71Historicalwood71 Posts: 518 ✭✭✭

@Cakes said:

@UFFDAH said:

That tower rocks! I would probably hunt more often in that setup instead of freezing my azz off outside.

That set-up needs a ps5......, hunting mancave

• Options
    Historicalwood71Historicalwood71 Posts: 518 ✭✭✭
    edited June 18, 2021 10:04PM

@blurryface said:
    not a fan of guns. not a fan of hunting. i have been hunting. learned the basics, but am a firm believer that as a head of the household or provider for the family, every boy should learn to adequately hunt, fish and be able to safely and properly protect their loved ones. money may not always be able to buy necessities.

I'm not a gun nut, but I believe in the right to carry them . One day, the way the world is turning..... you're going to have to be able to hunt, fish.

• Options

most definitely own one. if not more... nowadays.

• Options
    edited June 17, 2021 3:49PM

@KendallCat - Just North of Cuba City and Platteville. If you're ever in the area let me know and stop out. We can hunt with bows and guns, fish, trap, shoot for fun, Jeep Ride, Ranger Ride, open up some packs and also Visit Farrah's old TV commercial plane parked at the Don Q Inn.

https://www.cultofweird.com/travel/don-q-inn-plane/

• Options

@UFFDAH said:
    @KendallCat - Just North of Cuba City and Platteville. If you're ever in the area let me know and stop out. We can hunt with bows and guns, fish, trap, shoot for fun, Jeep Ride, Ranger Ride, open up some packs and also Visit Farrah's old TV commercial plane parked at the Don Q Inn.

And we can skin a buck, and run a trotline.

• Options

That Bronco is awesome! Love that color! But it's not a Hellcat! >:)

• Options

We should not forget about Cheryl Ladd, what a beauty. Good story below:

In the 1978 episode “Angel on High,” you’re wearing a particularly revealing bikini to meet Kelly (Jaclyn Smith) for breakfast by a pool. Who picked that out?
    Me! That was my rebellion. I had been a good sport up until then, but I was pretty fed up with running around in a bikini all the time. I was someone’s mother! I had to protest, and that was the only way I knew how, because I had already [complained] to Aaron. So I found the tiniest bikini — it was not approved for TV. I looked almost naked in it! The director didn’t know about it, so when I dropped the robe he gasped and said, "Cheryl, we can’t film that bathing suit." I said, "Well, Aaron wants me in a bikini so this is what he’s going to get. We’re running late and we gotta shoot the scene. Let’s go, I’m not changing." He filmed the whole scene.

• Options

@blurryface said:

@Sgt_D said:

Please never mention Tara Reid in a Farrah thread, it hurts me deeply.

• Options
    GDM67GDM67 Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭

@Cakes said:
    We should not forget about Cheryl Ladd, what a beauty.

Hear, hear.

You can't go wrong with any of the original six (even the unjustly maligned Shelly Hack) and I definitely love(d) Farrah but Cheryl and Jaclyn Smith were the gold standard for '70's TV beauty.

• Options

@UFFDAH said:

That would be awesome. Just picked up a bunch “shooting supplies” my dad left me when I was down in Florida back in the fall, and definitely need to go out and do some plinking…. What kind of fishing do you have up there - assume trout in that region. Hard for me to fish in Kentucky having grown up in South Florida since bass are much larger down there so it is a little disappointing. We do have some nice smallmouth here (world record) as well as Elk - believe one of the records came from near our area.

• Options
    GoldenageGoldenage Posts: 3,278 ✭✭✭✭✭

I prefer to watch farrahs first husband over Charlie’s angels. Huge six million dollar man fan. Farrah has nothing on Raquel.

• Options

@KendallCat - Keith, there is quality stream trout fishing in my area. I really haven't chased stream trout for a number of years though. My biggest is a catch and release 25" Brown that I caught on a Comet Spinner in a pool under a bridge. Otherwise, I have Bass, Bluegill, Crappie and Perch in my pond where I live. There are some lakes close by too.

• Options
    edited June 18, 2021 11:37AM

Thanks for the kind words, @Cakes. This moderating gig is certainly interesting. I get that guys want to be guys and talk about different things, but I just have to keep the conversation above a certain level. Sometimes I nail it and other times I swing and miss. But I'm giving it my best shot, at least.

BTW, apologies to @bobbybakeriv as this conversation has strayed pretty far away from refrigerator magnets.

Todd Tobias - Grateful Collector - I focus on autographed American Football League sets, Fleer & Topps, 1960-1969, and lacrosse cards.
  • Options
    winterwinter Posts: 73 ✭✭

I am not sure, I am not too old, but in Europe, specially in Germany , Spain, France, Italy and some Hispanic countries . Was very common, collect tobacco cards, many topics and many issues. cards of famous artists, from that era were very collectible, actors and actresses from silent movies etc. I still have a lot . That hobby never was strong in America, I thing tobacco addition kill the hobby

• Options

@Cakes said:
    Every summer at the beach we got to buy one t shirt at the t shirt iron on shop. I would generally get a corvette or monster truck but one year I got that Farrah shirt, my Mom hated it. Anyhow I wore it to grade school on the first day of school and they made me wear it inside out. >:)

At least she was closer to your heart that way! <3:D

• Options

@UFFDAH said:
    @KendallCat - Keith, there is quality stream trout fishing in my area. I really haven't chased stream trout for a number of years though. My biggest is a catch and release 25" Brown that I caught on a Comet Spinner in a pool under a bridge. Otherwise, I have Bass, Bluegill, Crappie and Perch in my pond where I live.

That takes me back. I haven't thought about Crappie in years. I am up here in WY and I don't really like ice fishing (drinking). LOL

• Options
    edited June 18, 2021 8:29PM

:)

• Options
    edited June 18, 2021 9:41PM

@Sgt_D said:
    most definitely own one. if not more... nowadays.

I keep one on my nightstand. :) I don't have any children so I feel fine doing so. S&W 44.

I have a semi-auto shotgun with a 9 round magazine and it has quite the stopping power (at least at the range LOL).

I also have a tricked out AR that is fun to shoot (especially with the scope - which I need these days!). I have a 10mm semi-auto pistol too that is very accurate and fun. It's an EA.

Todd, if posting these pics is outside the lines, please go ahead and delete.

• Options

Thank you for the consideration @bobbybakeriv. I am really not sure how I feel about those images on here, but I think I will delete simply because they are far off from the trading card theme of this area.

• Options

If your S&W is on your nightstand; I wouldn’t worry that anyone will try to take your refrigerator magnets.

• Options

@AFLfan said:
    Thank you for the consideration @bobbybakeriv. I am really not sure how I feel about those images on here, but I think I will delete simply because they are far off from the trading card theme of this area.

Understood. No problem.

• Options

@Cakes said:

@UFFDAH said:

And we can skin a buck, and run a trotline.

Just saw this, that's my favorite Hank Jr. song. :)

• Options

@UFFDAH said:
    @KendallCat - Keith, there is quality stream trout fishing in my area. I really haven't chased stream trout for a number of years though. My biggest is a catch and release 25" Brown that I caught on a Comet Spinner in a pool under a bridge. Otherwise, I have Bass, Bluegill, Crappie and Perch in my pond where I live. There are some lakes close by too.

Sounds like a great area and would love to do it some time. That deer stand set up is awesome - can’t say I have ever seen one that nice. Temp controlled, TV, poster of Farrah, and ripping some 75 packs would be hard to beat. Much better than sitting in 25 degrees for 5 hours without a sniff of a buck.