Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Chuckie Cheese Collectors?

joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,898 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 14, 2021 11:22AM in U.S. Coin Forum

Hi guys,
I'm sure this topic has been brought up before.
Curious? I noticed in my car, for some reason I saved these 3 Chuckie Cheese tokens. 2 have the 2009 dates and one, 1998. Strange they would even place dates on these? They must of thought that these would end up to be hoarded? Maybe, or do they expire? Oh well, I'm sure I have more laying around the house somewhere? Lol. Wonder what the first and last dates would be? Thanks
Remember,
"Where a kid could be a KID!" :D

Different. Both sides are the same?

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.

Comments

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,230 ✭✭✭✭✭

niche

there are collectors

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    WillieBoyd2WillieBoyd2 Posts: 5,039 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 14, 2021 12:25PM

Chuck E. Cheese token with city name and date:

Chuck E. Cheese Pinole California 1981 Token
    Brass, 25 mm, 5.32 gm
    Obverse: Rat's head / PIZZA TIME THEATRE / CHUCK E. CHEESE / PINOLE, CA.
    Reverse: IN PIZZA WE TRUST / 25c PLAY VALUE / 1981
    This token is unusual in that it has the name of a specific location, "Pinole" on it.
    Pinole is a city located near San Francisco, California.

:)

https://www.brianrxm.com
    The Mysterious Egyptian Magic Coin
    Coins in Movies
    Coins on Television

• Options
    Mr_SpudMr_Spud Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 14, 2021 11:57AM

Here’s The Ultimate Guide to Chuck E Cheese tokens
    https://www.cectokens.com/

Mr_Spud

• Options
    edited June 14, 2021 11:57AM

@WillieBoyd2 said:

...VALUE / 1981 / Chuck E. Cheese 1981

First year? :*

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options

@Mr_Spud said:

Wow! That info is unbelieveable. Wow, I been tossing those away. Not anymore! Thanks ;)

• Options
    JMS1223JMS1223 Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭✭✭

I used to collect these as a kid since we used to go to Chuck E. Cheese in the 90s. I remember having one dated 1983 and my last one was like 1997. We still had our Chuck E. Cheese until last year when the pandemic caused it to permanently close. I had not been inside since 1997 so I have no idea how much it changed but I did hear from a friend that they stopped doing tokens at some point - not sure as to the year but am curious why they stopped and what year last token was made.

• Options
    hchcoinhchcoin Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Smudge said:
    The band sucks and the pizza’s cold and you eat it with a snot nose four year old.

That and the McDonalds bouncy ball playhouse they used to have all over. Cesspool of germs :)

My kids used to love those places.

• Options
    ms70ms70 Posts: 13,949 ✭✭✭✭✭

I thought they were long gone. I just checked and was surprised to find not only are they still around but there's two not that far away from me.

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• Options
    edited June 14, 2021 5:56PM

I found this one around the house. This has got to be a special one?

B)
    Oh, I see now!

"The Baby Mouse Head"

5 were made of Brass
    Not as rare as the "Saudi Arabia" Baby Mouse Head.

• Options
    koynekwestkoynekwest Posts: 10,048 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Mr_Spud said:

Great info!

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have never been to a Chuck E. Cheese, nor have I seen one of their tokens. Not even in a Coinstar reject slot. I do not intend to change that status. ;) Cheers, RickO

• Options
    cmerlo1cmerlo1 Posts: 7,891 ✭✭✭✭✭

I worked in the video arcade business for 17 years. 2 of the companies I worked for used tokens, Nickels and Dimes, Inc. (Gold Mine, Tilt) and Dave & Buster's. During my time with them, I amassed a decent-sized collection of tokens, not only theirs but from other arcades as well, including Chuck E. Cheese. The Chuck E. Cheese tokens were very close in size to our D&B tokens and we found a lot of them in our machines. I made an deal with the manager of a nearby Chuck E. Cheese to swap their tokens back for ours from time to time. Now I'm wishing I'd set more of the unusual ones aside.

You Suck! Awarded 6/2008- 1901-O Micro O Morgan, 8/2008- 1878 VAM-123 Morgan, 9/2022 1888-O VAM-1B3 H8 Morgan | Senior Regional Representative- ANACS Coin Grading. Posted opinions on coins are my own, and are not an official ANACS opinion.
  • Options
    WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,355 ✭✭✭✭✭

Whack-a-Mole ate all of my tokens. My kids loved that game. We never left any tokens unspent.
    Wayne

Kennedys are my quest...

• Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

I spent a lot of time and money at Pizza Time Theater at ages 12-15 in 1979-82, coinciding with my pre-driving and pre-dating coin collecting. Back then it was a cool hang out place for kids my age, all the latest video games, a strobe light disco room, not nearly as young-kiddie oriented as it is now.

We'd put a five in the machine and get 25 tokens, and of course over time I assembled a nice collection by quickly sorting and saving the "gems" brand new ones and the occasional "rare" old or very different one from each handful.

Of course, I now wish Id saved the set all this time, I'm sure some of those would be interesting and valuable now. But alas, along came expenses for gasoline and girls and grass and the rest, and I lost interest in coins and tokens.

Spent the tokens in one last hurrah at Chuck's, just as my friends were getting home video game consoles, and out local Pizza Time Theater remodeled into the little kid focused business with the ball pit, climbing structure, and baby games.

Good times, long gone. Have gone with my own kids a few times, but alas, they are teenagers now, too. Fugio.

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options

@JoeLewis said:
    Hey guys. That’s my website (and my collection)!

Once again-great info!

• Options
    JoeLewisJoeLewis Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭✭

@koynekwest said:

@JoeLewis said:
    Hey guys. That’s my website (and my collection)!

Once again-great info!

Thanks! It’s been so much fun over the years discovering and cataloging all the different varieties/types. Very different experience from the US coin collecting I’ve done for 37 years.

• Options
    WillieBoyd2WillieBoyd2 Posts: 5,039 ✭✭✭✭✭

The "Ultimate Guide" is great!

Hopefully someone will post a picture of the Saudi Arabia token.

:)

https://www.brianrxm.com
    The Mysterious Egyptian Magic Coin
    Coins in Movies
    Coins on Television

• Options

• Options

Here’s one from Australia

• Options

Canada

• Options

Impressive! How rare are those?

• Options

The Saudi Arabia and Australia ones are fairly rare. The Canadian one is very common.

• Options

does anyone have a photo of chuck e cheese 25 years of fun token

• Options
    Manifest_DestinyManifest_Destiny Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭✭✭

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file