Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

China coin show photo

jt88jt88 Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 8, 2021 8:02PM in World & Ancient Coins Forum

China coin price very hot in the last three years. Pretty much any good coin sold out on ebay. Greatcollection last week sold two au china coin over 14k each (first two photo). These two coin two year ago possibly would sell for 2 to 5k only. Look at the age of the collectors in the show you know there are great potential that price of China coin will move up a lot more in the coming years. I bet July 6 ha hk auction price will be very high.

Comments

• jt88jt88 Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭✭✭

If those two coin in ha next month auction it might go higher

• 291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,898 ✭✭✭✭✭

Where is that show being held. It looks like a very lively event and the participants seem much younger that what would be seen at a US coin show.

All glory is fleeting.

This month in Shanghai China

This one is in Beijing China last month. It is never too late to start your china coin collection.

• mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭

Any translated show reports? I mean are world crowns hot in China? How about gold and silver bullion? Be nice to know some of these things.

Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
    edited June 9, 2021 1:41PM

Well, I guess it depends on what kind of bullion. Bullion with history is hot. The one tael sold for 13k in April 2021 SB HK auction and the 5 tael sold for 36k in the same auction.

• SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was rather pleasantly surprised to see a number of coin dealers when I was visiting China. I picked up some nice modern commems and some gold coins but tended to avoid older stuff.

In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • bidaskbidask Posts: 13,834 ✭✭✭✭✭

I guess coin collecting is alive and well at least in China seems to be

Glad I own some crowns that circulated there .

I manage money. I earn money. I save money .
    I give away money. I collect money.
    I don’t love money . I do love the Lord God.

• 1984worldcoins1984worldcoins Posts: 596 ✭✭✭✭✭

The prices for the China coins are getting higher and higher, at least for 1984 are getting out of my reach.

Coinsof1984@martinb6830 on twitter

• harashaharasha Posts: 3,079 ✭✭✭✭✭

The prices for the old Chinese cash coins have become obscene.

Honors flysis Income beezis Onches nobis Inob keesis

DPOTD
  • amwldcoinamwldcoin Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

Really? I have 2 or 3 double row boxes full I've accumulated over the years waiting for me to learn how to attribute them!

@harasha said:
    The prices for the old Chinese cash coins have become obscene.

• harashaharasha Posts: 3,079 ✭✭✭✭✭

@amwldcoin
    Cash coins that you could pick up for under $5 or much less now seem to sell for at least 3x that much. The ones in nicer shape, maybe 10X as much. These coins generally are not difficult to attribute. An excellent beginner volume is David Jen's Chinese Cash Identification and Price Guide. The prices are 10 years out of date, but the ID guide is excellent.

Honors flysis Income beezis Onches nobis Inob keesis

DPOTD
  • amwldcoinamwldcoin Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks! I bought several books years ago but just haven't taken or found the time to do anything. I might have that book!

@harasha said:
    @amwldcoin
    Cash coins that you could pick up for under $5 or much less now seem to sell for at least 3x that much. The ones in nicer shape, maybe 10X as much. These coins generally are not difficult to attribute. An excellent beginner volume is David Jen's Chinese Cash Identification and Price Guide. The prices are 10 years out of date, but the ID guide is excellent.